ODI Auction Draft SF#1 - Mani vs 2mufc0

Who will win over a 3 match series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mani

Yeah agree it's a great lineup (and one of the reasons I vetoed the flat track) , but you also have to factor in the bowlers, the likes of Holding, Hadlee, Pollock and Murali rarely got taken to the cleaners all it takes is one good ball to get them out . While we are facing a weaker bowling lineup, all of my batsmen have high strike rates, KP actually made his name smacking the Aussies around including Warne and our batting is much deeper. But I think we can really go at Morkel and the part timers.
Wow, Marshall /Imran /Bond/Morkel/Warne a weak bowling line up ? this line up is far better equipped compared to your combinations to bowl at both end of the innings.
Its never going to be easy for your lower order batsmen to dislodge the yorkers coming form Imran/Bond and Marshall in the death overs.Plus with those part times and Jaya in the turning tracks it wouldn't be easy either scoring in those middle overs consider the pitch in offer.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Wow, Marshall /Imran /Bond/Morkel/Warne a weak bowling line up ? this line up is far better equipped compared to your combinations to bowl at both end of the innings.
Its never going to be easy for your lower order batsmen to dislodge the yorkers coming form Imran/Bond and Marshall in the death overs.Plus with those part times and Jaya in the turning tracks it wouldn't be easy either scoring in those middle overs consider the pitch in offer.
Didn't say it was weak bro.

Mani

Yeah agree it's a great lineup (and one of the reasons I vetoed the flat track) , but you also have to factor in the bowlers, the likes of Holding, Hadlee, Pollock and Murali rarely got taken to the cleaners all it takes is one good ball to get them out . While we are facing a weaker bowling lineup, all of my batsmen have high strike rates, KP actually made his name smacking the Aussies around including Warne and our batting is much deeper. But I think we can really go at Morkel and the part timers.

Also about your claim of KP smacking Aussies around which include Warne, no he didn't do any of those, his average drops sharp aganist Aussies with 31.70 where as his overall average is at 40.73. Which means he's not so comfortable against playing that line up.TBH he had never faced Warne in ODI.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Also about your claim of KP smacking Aussies around which include Warne, no he didn't do any of those, his average drops sharp aganist Aussies with 31.70 where as his overall average is at 40.73. Which means he's not so comfortable against playing that line up.TBH he had never faced Warne in ODI.
Yes he didn't play against him in ODIs but in tests he did face him and was a major part of winning that 2005 series along with Flintoff.

Mani

Yes he didn't play against him in ODIs but in tests he did face him and was a major part of winning that 2005 series along with Flintoff.
Test match is different stuff altogether and yeah England did really well in that series.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
:confused: I've also got the same amount of batsmen /bowlers but the difference is my bowlers bat a lot better than his, I don't see how having extra all rounders (good ones) is seen as a negative esp in limited overs games, plus upto no. 6 I have 6 full time batsmen the same as his. If my lineup was full of bit part all rounders like Symonds and Gayle I would agree with you, but Pollock, Hadlee and Flintoff are elite all rounders in Odis and I'm struggling to see how they are a weakness in any metric.

Disagree about spin options, Warne and Murali are pretty much equal but I prefer murali by a little and against this batting lineup part timers are not going to do much. In reality he only really has one extra part time spin option than me (who's not going to decide a game like this) , but I would be happy for the likes of Holding, Pollock, Hadlee and Flintoff to bowl on any surface, while I'll fancy my chances against Morkel and his part timers on these pitches.
I'm thinking particularly of Gayle who is going to be your second spinner on the two turners, while Mani can diffuse his slow bowling around several competent guys. Then I see Imran at seven coming in after a very destructive 1-6, potentially partnering an ATG finisher while I think you'll be asking more of Freddie in the same position with Pietersen or Morgan (both of whom I like, but neither are suited to the role like MS is). It's fine margins at this level and I see two strong teams, I just give Mani the edge with his more numerous options as I see it.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Super Over Rules

Both managers to sent in the following.

Bowler - xxxxx (Choose one bowler)
Options: Yorker, Bouncer, Good Length (can choose only one for a ball, only two bouncers allowed, only 3 yorkers possible)
Ball 1 -
Ball 2 -
Ball 3 -
Ball 4 -
Ball 5 -
Ball 6 -

Batsmen - xxxx / xxxxx (Choose two batsmen)
Options - Pull, Drive , Slog (Choose one shot selection against each of 6 hits below.)
Hit 1-
Hit 2-
Hit 3-
Hit 4-
Hit 5-
Hit 6 -

---------------------------
Scoring Rules:
  1. Pull on Bouncer = 6 runs
  2. Slog on Bouncer = Out
  3. Drive on Bouncer = No run
  4. Pull on Yorker = Out
  5. Slog on Yorker = 2 runs
  6. Drive on Yorker = 6 runs
  7. Drive on on good length = Out
  8. Pull on good length = 2 runs
  9. Slog on good length = 6 runs
  10. If two wickets fall then innings is over
  11. The team which scores most run wins, if even that is tied then one with least wickets lost wins, if even that is tied then one with most 6s wins. If even that is tied then we go again.

Changes underlined

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Super Over Rules

Bowler - xxxxx (Choose one bowler)
Options: Yorker, Bouncer, Good Length (can choose only one for a ball, only two bouncers allowed, only 3 yorkers possible)
Ball 1 -
Ball 2 -
Ball 3 -
Ball 4 -
Ball 5 -
Ball 6 -

Batsmen - xxxx / xxxxx (Choose two batsmen)
Options - Pull, Drive , Slog (Choose one shot selection against each of 6 hits below.)
Hit 1-
Hit 2-
Hit 3-
Hit 4-
Hit 5-
Hit 6 -

---------------------------
Scoring Rules:
  1. Pull on Bouncer = 6 runs
  2. Slog on Bouncer = Out
  3. Drive on Bouncer = No run
  4. Pull on Yorker = Out
  5. Slog on Yorker = 2 runs
  6. Drive on Yorker = 6 runs
  7. Drive on on good length = Out
  8. Pull on good length = 2 runs
  9. Slog on good length = 6 runs
  10. If two wickets fall then innings is over
  11. The team which scores most run wins, if even that is tied then one with least wickets lost wins, if even that is tied then one with most 6s wins. If even that is tied then we go again.

Changes underlined
Sent

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 2... Holding goes with the bouncer again.. Vivs can't react fast enough this time and the drive yields NO RUNS

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 3.. Holding executed a perfect yorker...Vivs can slog for it for only TWO RUNS.

3 balls - 8 runs, anyone's game right now

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 5.. Good length delivery this time from Holding... PULL results in TWO RUNS.

Great comeback by Holding after the fix ball six. What can Vivs do on the last ball?

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 6.. Holding uses his third yorker of the over..

STUNNING drive over extra cover for a SIX!

Vivs finishes the Mani's innings with style scoring 18 runs.

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 1 AB backs himself and goes for a pull over midwicket.... Bond hints the mark with a yorker..

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 2.. Gayle comes in... Bond is pumped up... it looks bleak but if anyone can score at any rate it's Gayle....

Bond goes back to the yorker........

Driven for SIX!

13 needed off 4. Bond is shook.

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 3.. Bond goes for the bouncer... and Gayle just puts in an empty drive for NO RUNS..

13 needed off 3.

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 4.... Bond goes for a standard good length delivery.. Gayle goes for his standard slog...

SIX!

oh dear.. Bond is melting down..Warne is pissed off in the field.. he wanted to bowl this over.

crappycraperson

Scout
Ball 5... Bond is shitting bricks but he goes back to his yorker which did the trick on ball 1.... this time...

same result.. another pull... and BOWLED.

@Mani wins 18 - 12. Bad luck @2mufc0

crappycraperson

Scout
Super Over Rules

Bowler - Holding (Choose one bowler)
Ball 1 - bouncer
Ball 2 -bouncer
Ball 3 - yorker
Ball 4 - yorker
Ball 5 - good length
Ball 6 - yorker

Batsmen - AB/ Gayle (Choose two batsmen)
Hit 1- pull
Hit 2- drive
Hit 3- drive
Hit 4- slog
Hit 5- pull
Hit 6 - drive
Bowler - S.Bond
Ball 1 -Yorker
Ball 2 -Yorker
Ball 3 -Bouncer
Ball 4 -Good Length
Ball 5 -Yorker
Ball 6 -Bouncer

Batsmen - Viv Richards / MS Dhoni (Choose two batsmen)
Hit 1-Pull
Hit 2-Drive
Hit 3-Slog
Hit 4-Slog
Hit 5-Pull
Hit 6 -Drive