4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Web of Bissaka

:lol: Strange cameo, thought he's already leaving. Alas, less than a month left.

Good performance to be fair, typical Ighalo good sub performances - strong post play and interchange positions, laying it off to runners, etc. He did it all well. Good call to sub him in when Cavani ran out of gas.

Thing is, we need more though, and we should try to aim more in getting better replacement.

Sylar

Likewise, I'd completely forgot about him. What a strange extension it was.
I could have understood it if we didnt get Cavani. But hes kinda useless here. He did well from January to Lockdown.

I just dont understand the use of him. You either dont bring him on, or you bring him on with more time (with the hope he causes issues at the very least with a ball into the box).

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I could have understood it if we didnt get Cavani. But hes kinda useless here. He did well from January to Lockdown.

I just dont understand the use of him. You either dont bring him on, or you bring him on with more time (with the hope he causes issues at the very least with a ball into the box).
That was probably the point as we were in a bit of a transition and before we got Cavani he was basically our back-up striker. Anyway, I wish him well.

SAFMUTD

With his loan comming to an end how would you rate his signature?

He started really well, better than anyone would have anticipated but at a certain point he was totally erased. I dont know why did we extended his loan if it wasnt on our plans to play him.

I feel bad for him since it was his dream move, he arguably rejected a big contract from China in the summer to stay here and got no chances. Hopefully the huge contract is still in the table for him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Honestly perplexing the way we used him, really liked him pre lockdown, then we extended him and then signed cavani, which rendered him pointless.

Really a shame because he really wanted to be here, but he was well remunerated and can’t really moan.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did the job we needed him to at the time

Shame he never got a league goal but meh whatevs

Saddy

Coming in last year I got the impression he was very motivated and dream move etc - scored some vital goals for us and good hold up play was something different.

This season he looks sluggish and piled on extra pounds in the break - maybe Ole knows this and appears to have marginalised him

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looked really good pre lock down, but then just didn’t look the same after.

will never forget his goal against LASK!

sillwuka

Cavani coming in ended any hope of any more contributions for Odion.

Appreciate the effort he put in when he was on the pitch and I'm glad he made his dream come true scoring for us.

90 + 5min

Did what we asked from him and had some good games.

It was all about squad numbers.

spiriticon

In five years time, his name will be dropped in those "I can't believe he played for that team" conversations

But to be fair, he did well in whatever opportunity he got.

criticalanalysis

Like Fred, McT, James and others, for some strange reason underused beyond reason post (first) lockdown.

Poor management of minutes by Ole where we crashed and burned. We blitzed teams with our energy, got 3rd place by the skin of our teeth, which you can argue was the ultimate goal but got knocked out of the cups and then had exhausted players to start the season.

Charlie Foley

Did well when needed, underused post lockdown , nothing to comment on this season. Lovely guy and glad he got to play and score for us

Tiber

I genuinely forgot he existed until I saw a tweet saying United have no interest in extending his deal.

One of our more bizzare signings

Pace Abuser

He looked heavy post lockdown. I think that's what cemented his end even without Cavani.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Did what we needed him to do when we needed him to do it.

He'll always have that LASK goal, and one of the greatest 5 minute sub cameos (vs. City) that I've ever seen.

Sylar

He looked heavy post lockdown. I think that's what cemented his end even without Cavani.
Yeah agree with this.
Pre lock down he was starting cup matches, post lock down it looked like Ole didn't trust him to have more than 5 minutes in a game

Red Royal

With hindsight, we should have not extended his deal beyond July. He had zero contributions beyond that and James or Lingard could do an emergency fill in for his role.

Matriac

With hindsight, we should have not extended his deal beyond July. He had zero contributions beyond that and James or Lingard could do an emergency fill in for his role.
Hindsight is always great. But what if Martial or Rashford had gotten injured during our final run in for the season.
He was always an insurance policy.

Did what was expected of him as cover.

really pleased he was able to bag a couple of goals.

wish him all the best for the future.

as I’ve said many times, he was an insurance policy. You don’t look back and regret paying your home insurance for 10 years because you paid for it, but didn’t need it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
When does it end? Any chance of him getting a 30 minute farewell in the FA Cup 3rd round? (If the game is going well).

Matriac

When does it end? Any chance of him getting a 30 minute farewell in the FA Cup 3rd round? (If the game is going well).
January 30th, so we would have the entire month to find a replacement if needed. (Was done before Cavani)

slored1

He was excellent before lockdown, scored something like 5 or 6 goals. A much needed signing at the time and a decent one too. Wish him all the best.

Devil81

Will still never understand why Ole didn't give him at least 15 minutes against Seville.

Honestly think his presence would have unsettled them. Other than that it's been over since project restart really.

Actually think Ole has been pretty ruthless with him.

Gypsy-King

Where is this man gone? Not even in the match day squads but a massive United fan I expect to see him walking around Manchester with his camera!
Ole has shown he can be ruthless with players I do kinda like that.

Bwuk

We shouldn’t of extended his loan.

He did well last season but been pointless this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.