4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustanoid

Is he making way for a new signing? Maybe Lewandowski or Kane on the cheap?

Bondi77

Surely he should get a game against his old club or at least be on the bench.
I really cannot see what he has done wrong as he scored a few goals when he played.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I really cannot see what he has done wrong as he scored a few goals when he played.
Had a few too many pies during the first lockdown. Has looked fat and unfit since the restart.

Bondi77

Had a few too many pies during the first lockdown. Has looked fat and unfit since the restart.
I highly doubt that,
Coaching staff would be inept if that was allowed to happen.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's been pretty shit ever since lockdown. He did well before that and it's awesome that he got that opportunity, but unfortunately he wasn't able to maintain it.

Fingers crossed that he has a good appearance against Watford so he can sign off in style.

Member 101269

I’m pleased he lived his dream and scored for us..

I wish him the best

NoPace

He's been fine yeah, just should be the backup 9 at like Everton or Villa or Newcastle or starting at Brighton or West Brom instead of here.

Bondi77

He's been fine yeah, just should be the backup 9 at like Everton or Villa or Newcastle or starting at Brighton or West Brom instead of here.
There have been games when Martial should have been hooked and another striker put on this season and Ighalo would have been no worse but at least he would have been fresh

MS4

Did Ighalo ever start a game and was as bad as martial/rashford.
I mean bad relatively to his capabilities

NoPace

There have been games when Martial should have been hooked and another striker put on this season and Ighalo would have been no worse but at least he would have been fresh
I'd still rather see Greenwood or Van De Beek up there, since I don't think there's a marked decrease in production (VDB might score less but would set up and defend more, Greenwood might do less than Ighalo in terms of occupying CBs or whatever but he'd move wide and open up the middle more and likely score at least as many goals).

Sylar

Ole saying he will take part and then looking at him during the game and going
Ighalol

Ole must really not trust him to bring him on at 1-0 even with 10 minutes left

NoPace

Did Ighalo ever start a game and was as bad as martial/rashford.
I mean bad relatively to his capabilities
He's got a decent floor because he works hard and gets in good positions, yeah. I do think he's a useful #9 (12 in 20 for Nigeria last 2 years) just not at this level. For some Prem side looking relegation dead in the fecking face like Brighton, Fulham (he, Mitrovic and Lookman rotating for 2 spots up top could look decent in their 3-5-2) or West Brom, or a club who needs a backup 9 for a 6 month solution like Wolves, Leeds (backing up Bamford) or Villa (Wesley is their only decent backup option for Watkins and he's probably missing at least 4-5 of the last 20 games and so might not be up to speed for closer to half and that's rehab goes well).

Red & White

Thought he’d get a final run out last night from what Ole had said. Did well when he first came in and wish him well as he‘s seems to be a good guy and lived his dream for a period of time.

el3mel

Well, This ended up being a useless loan business. He scored 5 goals and neither of them were in the league or that memorable. Was hardly used as a squad option either. He must have enjoyed his time at a club he supports and is a nice lad, but few years later I will probably struggle to even remember that he played for us.

klayton88

Well, This ended up being a useless loan business. He scored 5 goals and neither of them were in the league or that memorable. Was hardly used as a squad option either. He must have enjoyed his time at a club he supports and is a nice lad, but few years later I will probably struggle to even remember that he played for us.
That goal in the Europa was one of my favourite United goals. Memorable for me.

UmbroDays

You’re forgetting the Europa League goal at the beginning of the lockdown.

Really forgot about him not getting on last night. I’m sure OLS words were the he’ll get some time.

I guess OGS didn’t expect Watford to still be battling hard until the90th. But it’s still in poor taste. I even think we had 4 subs since Bailly was a concussion

Devil81

Don't care what anyone says or thinks about him, that Europa league semi at 1 nil was crying out for something different in the attacking sense and he could have been the difference.

He could have roughed up their backline and opened the door for the likes of Fernandes and Rashford.

Ole gave him 2 minutes! 2 minutes, what's the point.

dabeast

January 2020: Man Utd is 5th, 33 pts behind Pool.

Ighalo joins for 1 year.

January 2021: Man Utd is 1st, 3 points ahead of Pool.

Ighalo leaves, his work is done.

thank you, Odion!

hungrywing

Ighalo joins for 1 year.

thank you, Odion!
Believe it or not, this is the correct attitude to have towards him; even among the 'he played his part when Rashford was injured' posts.

Ighalo, we know you didn't feature much. But when you did, it was absolutely priceless.

Please always be proud of your time here.

romufc

Nothing but respect for him. He was the type of player we needed to show others passion. He played well when called upon and loved every minute playing for the club.

I don't get the disrespect some fans give him, he was a short term loan to cover us.

TrustInOle

Ighalo joins for 1 year.

thank you, Odion!
Two words. Cult. Hero. :drool:

Will never forget the goal against LASK(?) And him turning into prime Drogba with his holdm up for the last 10 minutes of the Derby.

Dudu

Total respect. Lovely guy. Thank you Odion!

Alemar

Wow, that was truly emotional.
Many thanks to Ighalo for warm words.

what else to say... Once scored for Man Utd - forever in the list of our goal scorers

I don’t think he will be missed a lot as a footballer, but sure he will always be respected as a professional and remembered in a positive sense

Alemar

He scored a few goals for United as a fan which is the dream for millions of us around the world.
He scored 5 goals and helped us get a top 4 finish. Great contribution last season for a loaned player

RedDevilRoshi

Did what he was asked to do and gave his all when he did play.

Huge respect for him and wish him all the best.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Respect to him gave up a lot of money to fulfill his dream of playing for United and never complained about playing time I'm sure he was a popular teammate.

led_scholes

Good luck to him. Unfortunately, our cup games were against strong teams so he didnt have the chance to participate more.

Alemar

Good luck to him. Unfortunately, our cup games were against strong teams so he didnt have the chance to participate more.
But after Cavani hit form, there was obviously no big need, either. Ighalo did well when he was needed and acted professionally - this is why he will be respected by the fans and remembered

led_scholes

But after Cavani hit form, there was obviously no big need, either. Ighalo did well when he was needed and acted professionally - this is why he will be respected by the fans and remembered
Yeah of course. But I am assuming if instead of Liverpool we were facing a 3rd division team, he would have started so to rest Cavani. It would be a nice send-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.