Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d have signed haaland, Clause mino and all and basically doubled his wages next year and raised the feck out of the clause fee. He’d have walked in here and chipped in with enough to get us top 4. He’s going to be one of those what if players for us.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Should've done what Spurs and Chelsea did.
Toché. In fairness to Chelsea, they kept Giroud. Also have batman (however you spell his name). Spurs on the other hand are in trouble.

Tel074

I’d have signed haaland, Clause mino and all and basically doubled his wages next year and raised the feck out of the clause fee. He’d have walked in here and chipped in with enough to get us top 4. He’s going to be one of those what if players for us.

Yeah and so would United if he hadn't choose to go to Dortmund

Greck

You ought to be a professional scout. You can tell so much from a player who has no pre-season and has played all of 25mins so far.

Congrats. You da Man.
That or I've watched him play before today

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I know we couldn’t have kept lukaku as a squad player and the offer was good but currently apart from Rashford he’d be the most consistent forward we’d have... I’m all for giving Greenwood the chance and letting martial step up but I still have no idea why we didn’t try and sign someone else during the summer. Even someone else to develop. Realistically we may never see the best of Ighalo as he simply doesn’t have enough time to get up to speed (if he was ever good enough in the first place)

MrBest

People complaining about a 30 year old guy signed from China after hebhas like 21 minutes since December? Give the lad a chance, we all know he will not be profilic, it is just nice to have some depth in the team. Fat or not, Ighalo will bust his nuts for the team, after a few more games he will be sharper. I would rather him than Lingard coming off the bench because he at least shows a desire to actually do something. Ighalos main strength will be creating space for our wide forwards to run into, something we really miss from a player. FYI, he is not fat or tubby, he is probably more ripped than most of us. He may need to cut down on the weights, but fat? Really? Hope you guys do not start trolling this on social media.

Lee565

I wonder if rather than using as a striker, he is tried out for rashford's place on the left wing, it can sometimes work out well changing a striker's position to a a winger playing as an inside forward because just like rashford he's not the most consistent guy in front of goal but has pace and good movement to get between the defensive lines.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He isn't out of shape. That's how he is.
I complained about his pace when he signed. He's slow.

romufc

That or I've watched him play before today
Clearly, because hes scored 17 goals in the Prem for Watford in one season.

We have a player on loan to help, I don't know what everyone is expecting.

El Jefe

The only people who should be surprised or upset are the ones that had unrealistic expectations. There were actually people thinking he'd replace Martial in the team :lol: His interviews completely blinded people.

Anything Ighalo does should be seen as a bonus. I expect absolutely nothing from him. No point in criticising him because he's nowhere near the required quality. He's an extra body that Ole and the team are hoping can help but in no way are they expecting it.

MadMike

The only people who should be surprised or upset are the ones that had unrealistic expectations. There were actually people thinking he'd replace Martial in the team :lol: His interviews completely blinded people.

Anything Ighalo does should be seen as a bonus. I expect absolutely nothing from him. No point in criticising him because he's nowhere near the required quality. He's an extra body that Ole and the team are hoping can help but in no way are they expecting it.
I couldn’t have said it better.

Some people were even saying they could feel he would make an impact this season and that he’d be signed on for next season after a 5 minute cameo against Chelsea.

Everyone wants the guy to do well for us but come on...

ROFLUTION

I thought he did well. He's a backup, but he brings some physique and fight that Martial doesnt have. I think he also positions himself nicely, seeking space to receive the ball in. Dont think he'll score more than 2-3 goals, but he'd maybe free us up a bit so we can use him and Martial at the same time, now that Rashford is out

romufc

He makes runs, I can see him scoring 5 goals for us this season.

Alfie092

Brilliant loan signing and think he will score 10 - 15 goals by the end of the season if he stays fit. We need to do whatever we can to sign him up on a permanent deal!

How much would he cost? I think around £40m will do?

Greck

Clearly, because hes scored 17 goals in the Prem for Watford in one season.

We have a player on loan to help, I don't know what everyone is expecting.
Never even watched him play for Watford. Have been the one telling people to temper their expectations. I know he received a lot of abuse after the world cup because he looked as coordinated and agile as a baby rhino

bondsname

I see Ighalo as a player who can come in in the latter stages of the game and give other attacking players a rest. Not a player who will come and have a Cantona esque impact.

El Zoido

He’ll score goals for us, he looks decent. I think his shot after he rounded Foster was going in.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I had no expectations of him when we signed him.....rightly so

spiriticon

I like this fella. That anticipation for the defensive mistake which nearly led to a goal was brilliant. Neither Martial nor Rashford would have spotted that.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You can tell he's not only desperate to score, but nervous, too. He's taking shots when he should be playing others in, but we can get away with that at 3-0 up.

I hope he gets his goal soon. Not only will it be a nice moment, but I think once he gets that out of the way his general play will benefit from it as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Think this is showing to be an inspired loan. He's been signed to provide depth to allow for rest and rotation of Martial and Greenwood.

In the very few minutes we've seen him, he's shown good first touch and physical presence and also the strikers instruct to naturally get into scoring positions.

Once he gets some proper game time under his belt, and scores his first goal, I can see him doing well in his prescribed role.

MUFromLTU

Insane what effect he had on Martial, who has started pressing and giving a f**k since the deal got done. For that alone he's worth the wages he's on.

RedDevilRoshi

Desperately want him to score soon. Once he scores his 1st goal for us it will settle his nerves and hopefully he will go on & grab a couple more.

He’s looked decent in the cameos that I’ve seen him play. Good 1st tough and adds a physical presence up top. Hasn’t been with us for very long but you can see he has developed a good understanding with his teammates.

Let’s not forget this is effectively pre-season for him. He hasn’t played a competitive game since early December so his fitness isn’t going to be up to scratch compared to the rest of his teammates. The more training & game time he gets, the better it will do him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think the way he's being used it what we need, he'll get a few goals soon. He's doing the right things in terms of movement.

Water Melon

To be honest, I have not seen from Odion to suggest that he would make any decent impact. Hopefully, I am mistaken

Aarron Swift

He's played around 10 minutes of Premier League football after not playing a game for months, so not sure we should be over analyzing his performances just yet.

Positives are that in those 10 minutes hes ended up with good chances in both games to score.
Negatives...he didn't score either.

Given the situation we're in, I think its good that we have another option on the bench, has different strengths compared to other attackers so he could come in use at some stages over next 3 months, and if he doesn't Its only a short term loan. Its better than looking to the bench in a game where we need a goal and seeing Pereira and Lingard

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
To be honest, I have not seen from Odion to suggest that he would make any decent impact. Hopefully, I am mistaken
You mean you haven’t seen anything in the 20 odd minutes he’s played?

I am shocked.

romufc

Not expecting anything from him and neither is Ole.

Like he said in his post match, it's just good to have someone come on for 30 mins giving Martial a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.