6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

I had this imperfect memory of him as an off the shoulder nippy striker, hadn't realized he was closer to a targetman with a real physical side to his game, with the added bonus of poachers instincts.

Can anyone with a clearer memory of him at Watford recall if he played in this fashion there as well?

Either way he has been a pleasant surprise, far from making up numbers, looks a viable option to start.

Rinnegan240

I'm especially pleased with our new signings this season.

Wan-Bissaka has been phenomenal and his attacking output should only get better.

Harry Maguire has been a calming influence on the backline regardless of his other shortcomings.

Dan James had a blistering start and he's still developing. Not the finished product yet but has still done his bit for us this season.

Bruno...what can I say? In England for the first time and already one of the best PL players (at least the POTM nominations list agrees with me)

Odion has done much better than I expected. I've watched him closely for the national team and what I can commend the manager for is sticking to his mantra of only signing players with strong mentalities.

After the 2018 world cup when Nigeria crashed out at the group stage (thanks to a Marcos Rojo late winner), Ighalo was Nigeria's enemy number one figure. He missed a sitter that would probably have sealed a place in the knockout stages and predictably, Nigerians (who are football crazy) singled him out for abuse. The poor soul received death threats and allegedly had some of his properties vandalized.

To be able to recover from that and top the scorers chart in AFCON 2018 amidst top players like Mane, Mahrez and Ziyech is really impressive both on footballing and psychological levels.

Reactions: roonster09

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I had this imperfect memory of him as an off the shoulder nippy striker, hadn't realized he was closer to a targetman with a real physical side to his game, with the added bonus of poachers instincts.

Can anyone with a clearer memory of him at Watford recall if he played in this fashion there as well?

Either way he has been a pleasant surprise, far from making up numbers, looks a viable option to start.
He was quite good at Watford and would have made the step up to an Everton level side if he did not go to China for ridiculous money. There was a reason LvG was after him when United last had a striker injury crisis.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

That’s what I thought I saw too

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
While he has been okay, people have actually forgot how a decent striker with a good touch looks like. Especially now that we have a team slowly building up, it's not really surprising.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Might not be the general consensus that he is as good as Martial but he nits the front line together with being an actual striker, who moves like a striker and I find that to be way more valuable to the collective. Proud of his efforts so far since he's come in, impressive if he can translate that into Premier League form.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Might not be the general consensus that he is as good as Martial but he nits the front line together with being an actual striker, who moves like a striker and I find that to be way more valuable to the collective. Proud of his efforts so far since he's come in, impressive if he can translate that into Premier League form.
Agreed. Berba was a better footballer than Drogba. But I know which one I want to lead the line.

Devil81

Reminds me so much of Andy Cole in movement and touch around the box. I'd sign him on loan for another season if he keeps up this form.

Snuffkin

He plays well with his back to goal. We haven't had a striker like that for a long time.

432JuanMata

To be fair Drogba had phenomenal technique, frightening player
Not the greatest goal scorer but one of the best strikers I’ve ever seen. Nightmare for defenders and hold up play was phenomenal in getting the wingers involved. Mourinho though Lukaku could do that for us and failed

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How the feck is he so strong? He looks like he's rooted to ground in any challenge

Tarrou

amazing for him as a United fan that he's got his own chant going already

TheRedHearted

I don't think he had "phenomenal" technique.
I don’t know how it can be disputed. The way he would move into space and also his finishing. I felt like every game i caught with him at a certain point he scored. Can’t forget that goal in the champions league as well. But i know what you mean at the fact he wasn’t so graceful - he was more about strength (even though he did have trickery.). It may sound weird but rewatching some of his goals he reminds me a bit of Lukaku in a way. Just more speed and work rate. Made a lot of sense why Jose wanted Lukaku and the hopes he had for him. If you ask me the game has just changed so much a striker like that is less effective. Either that or Lukaku just for some reason was found out so much in the “big games”

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don’t know how it can be disputed. The way he would move into space and also his finishing. I felt like every game i caught with him at a certain point he scored. Can’t forget that goal in the champions league as well. But i know what you mean at the fact he wasn’t so graceful - he was more about strength (even though he did have trickery.). It may sound weird but rewatching some of his goals he reminds me a bit of Lukaku in a way. Just more speed and work rate. Made a lot of sense why Jose wanted Lukaku and the hopes he had for him. If you ask me the game has just changed so much a striker like that is less effective. Either that or Lukaku just for some reason was found out so much in the “big games”
Drogba could hold off ANY CB, and be a nuisance to the opponent entire backline by himself. He also had big game mentality, wouldn't squirm against any opponent in any occasion. Lukaku, I rarely seen him outstrength any centerback. His record on big games were appalling.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Reminds me so much of Andy Cole in movement and touch around the box. I'd sign him on loan for another season if he keeps up this form.
I would imagine the Chinese league would have re-opened by then. We will have to buy him to keep him for a year or two.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How the feck is he so strong? He looks like he's rooted to ground in any challenge
If you look at the training he did at the British Taekwondo training centre when everyone was in Spain, you will see how.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Lukaku was a completely different type of player than Drogba. With his size it looks like he should be that type of player and we tried to use him that way, but in reality his game is more similar to someone like Chicharito. More about finding holes and space rather than really using his size and power to create opportunities and hold the ball up to bring the rest of his team into play.

Ibi Dreams

The feck was that backheel on like the 92nd minute? Was absolutely sick

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This guy is so much better than given credit for. Looks very composed and his hold up play is very good.

MDFC Manager

Shows the importance of having an experienced striker in the squad. Amazing it's taken this long to replace Zlatan

Yagami

Good post resistant
Amazing first touches to go along with his ability to shield the ball and unleashing on-rushing team mates on the counter

Utdstar01

Don't think he did anything wrong. Brilliant hold up play and his touch was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.