Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
"I know many footballers say that, when they sign for a team, this is my dream team. Respect to that but my own case was different.

"Anyone who knows me back from when I was young knows me and my siblings supported Man United, we would pay to go and watch Man United play. In Nigeria, you have to have sports channels to watch that but not everyone can afford it. My parents couldn't afford that so you have to pay a viewing centre to watch that. We would pay to watch that.

"I grew up in Ajegunle, which is like a ghetto and it was very difficult there. When it would get to the weekend, everybody was excited because they wanted to watch Man United play.

"You start saving the money they would give you to go to school. You would eat at home and they would give you some pocket money to go to school and maybe eat lunch there. But you would be saving it bit by bit and when you get to the weekend, everybody is ready.

"You have your jersey and you wash it before the weekend. You put them on and go to the viewing centre and it's crazy there. Some other fans want Man United to lose then you're a Man United fan and you want them to win and you start arguing, shouting, screaming and all of that.

"In some there are 200 people in this small room. You go to another one and you see 500 people in there. Some people would stand, you're paying but even then, you're standing and watching it from afar. There's a big screen and a little screen and you have to watch there.

Back then, Manchester United were the best team in England. They won every game, every season you'd see them winning the Premier League when Sir Alex Ferguson was here. Everybody wants to associate with a team that's winning and that's how I associated myself. I was very young then and growing up, I followed the team to today.

"Back then, they also had an association of Man United fans so there would be a meeting once a week to talk about Man United, like a little fan forum. When I remember all that now, I laugh and say 'wow, from Ajegunle to the Theatre of Dreams'. It's a great moment for me and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

"It is the happiest moment of my life, playing for my dream team, the team I supported when I was young."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-my-lunch-money-on-watching-manchester-united

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
His composure today when he came on was perfect for us.

Hold up play excellent, obviously for the second goal as well.

First touch is wonderful, breath of fresh air after Lukaku.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He made Fernandinho look like a DM playing at CB there. We have no other attacker that can do it like that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So did Martial really.

I've been impressed with Ighalo. I always thought that a player with such a love for the club would bring his best level.
I don't think I've seen Martial did this to any CB, by being the stronger on getting a long ball.

dogwithabone

It helps massively that he’s familiar with PL football. A lot of foreign strikers come to the PL and look genuinely lost before heading back to the continent for a loan move. He looks completely at home with it, the pleasant surprise to me is that Manchester United hasn’t looked too big for him. I thought he might be over awed and swallowed up by the pressure but it’s been the exact opposite.

Riz

His hold up play was fantastic today. Must have been 3 or 4 times it was launched to him in the air or fizzed into his feet with a City player over him like a rash. Every time he took a great touch and relieve the pressure, in the end it led to the second goal.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's a funny old game. So many scoffers before he got here. He looks to the manor born. An incredibly sexy cameo today.

Djemba-Djemba

He was fecking brilliant when he came on.

Held the ball up, sensible passing just generally calmed things down.

T_Model101

Performed perfectly when he came on
The ball seemed to stick to him
How much would he cost to permanently sign?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This guys impact is ridiculous. It looks like he's pushing martial to be better, he makes an impact everytime I see him play. He's composed, strong on the ball and showing everything I hoped for Lukaku to be here.

Add to that he is living his dream and loves the club. What a signing. Him and King make sense now, with similar profiles. Big United fans, but offer something completely different to any of our other strikers.

Foxbatt

He is strong too and a very good option to have on the bench. I hope if he plays like this then we get him on a permanent move.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He's on 170k a week and has a contract till Jan 2022
I doubt it the chinese club would loan him to us for a full season
They need to move one of their foreign signings on as they bought another one in and were over the limit. There's also been policy changes in China to stop importing players on silly contracts. There is a deal to be done there, if Ighalo continues to do well.

Full bodied red

Dang it. When you think you couldn't like him more.

Was/is there ANY of our player that showing his love to United as much as this guy? (obviously, other than academies).

I think Gary N had it right today when he said that we seemed to have players out there today who want to play for United - which hsn't been the case for a few years.

Absolutely no doubt that Ighalo could turn out to be the ' out-of-the-blue ' signing that transformed our season.

jem

One of the best 5-minute cameos I've ever seen. He looks like a hell of a loan signing.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think Gary N had it right today when he said that we seemed to have players out there today who want to play for United - which hsn't been the case for a few years.

Absolutely no doubt that Ighalo could turn out to be the ' out-of-the-blue ' signing that transformed our season.
I don't know about "transform our season". That would be Bruno. But agreed with Gary there.

hungrywing

They need to move one of their foreign signings on as they bought another one in and were over the limit. There's also been policy changes in China to stop importing players on silly contracts. There is a deal to be done there, if Ighalo continues to do well.
No-brainer to make him permanent. Especially if we can get him on around 80-90k/week. When he signed they made it sound like the verbally agreed-upon fee-to-make-permanent wasn't too much as well.

He's on 170k a week and has a contract till Jan 2022
I doubt it the chinese club would loan him to us for a full season
Anyone know what the 300k/week talk is about.

Foxbatt

He surely would be a different option. He is fairly strong and quick too. If he holds the ball up and bring other players into the game we should make it permanent if he agrees to his pay and we don't pay over the top.

Icemav

His composure today when he came on was perfect for us.

Hold up play excellent, obviously for the second goal as well.

First touch is wonderful, breath of fresh air after Lukaku.
Composure is the word. 2nd Half when City were dominating possession and stroking ball around easy peasy we needed calm heads. He brought calmness when the rest of the team were bricking it on the ball.

They could learn a lot from that.

Gasolin

If this guy is ready to play this role then by the looks of it he could be quite useful
If we can talk to the fan in him we should ask him to play with us one more season. He's got the right attitude.

Gasolin

No-brainer to make him permanent. Especially if we can get him on around 80-90k/week. When he signed they made it sound like the verbally agreed-upon fee-to-make-permanent wasn't too much as well.

Anyone know what the 300k/week talk is about.
If it's not too much, let's go for it. He will always be happy to play for the team and he's already going to teach a lot on the game with the goals on the back when pressure is on.

RedDevilRoshi

One of the best short cameos I’ve ever seen.

He was majestic when he came on. His first touch, hold up play and shielding the ball from the City players who couldn’t get near him was just a joy to watch! That back heel that led to our 2nd was just class.

Simply sign him up! He hasn’t put a foot wrong when called upon and has shown that he deserves to have his dream extended. Offers something different than what we already have.

izec

Louis saw something in him, rightfully so. People laughed it off though, same with Mane. There are plenty of gems running around that can improve us without necessarily costing 120m.

ricky-romeo

fantastic hold up play by Ighalo. plus he scored some scrappy goals last time around, something Rashford and Martial would probably do only 3/4 times a year. As for Ighalo majority of his goals are scrappy tap ins inside the 6 yard box which is something we didnt have within our team for years now.

if the Chinese League are still suspended come July/August it is a no brainer to offer him another one year loan deal. He is just happy to be in the squad and when he is call upon he is very useful. will also gives us the time and cash to go and get the likes of Sancho, Grealish etc.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I dont get this at all. He's on something like 300,000 grand a week in China and hes got something like 2 years left on his contract. Even if he halved his wage demands that would be a bit much and there is no way he is losing 150 a week to come to us. Then the fee would be what? 30? more probably if he bangs a few more goals in. Not happening.
Yeah, I don't think we should go for him unless we're absolutely convinced of the benefits. It's a huge risk. But I'm happy with his contribution thus far.

Last edited:

Tony247

In those last 10 mins of panick he suddenly brought assuredness and clam. Brilliant display of hold up game in those few moments.

Martial ran so much that he left no legs by 70 mins. Ighalo should have been sent earlier.

Ace of Spades

I would like this signing, especially as a back up this is a no brainer, if we can get him for a reasonable fee.

We can concentrate on other positions, and it also gives time for Greenwood to improve without pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.