6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

My head says he won't do much but my heart says he's going to surprise everyone and bang us into top 4

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This time last year he turned down Barcelona because he didn't want to leave on a loan to be a backup. I guess the situation is China has changed his mind.
I’m sure you’re right, the suspension in China must be having a huge impact. But apparently he’s also a huge United fan as well and his family is based in Manchester. It all fits very well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hope we don't pull the trigger and tie him up to a permanant deal too soon. It's just like us to do that as soon as he scored a few goals. He's 30, we just need him to perform this season. If he does exceptionally and looks like he has 2-3 quality years in the tank, we can revisit. But let's keep this arrangement as it is. Read somewhere that verbally we've agreed to make it permanant. Hope not.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Hope we don't pull the trigger and tie him up to a permanant deal too soon. It's just like us to do that as soon as he scored a few goals. He's 30, we just need him to perform this season. If he does exceptionally and looks like he has 2-3 quality years in the tank, we can revisit. But let's keep this arrangement as it is. Read somewhere that verbally we've agreed to make it permanant. Hope not.
Word. He has to be exceptional for that to be the case. We most likely need to buy a striker in the summer, and we can't have any delusions about that just because of this signing. We can't go into next season with only Ighalo, Martial and Greenwood. The development from Greenwood and Martial has to be insane for that to make sense.

croadyman

My head says he won't do much but my heart says he's going to surprise everyone and bang us into top 4
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, just imagine we are either 0-0 and 1-1 at Chelsea in a couple of weeks time going into stoppage time and then he runs onto a killer through ball from Bruno and slots it past Kepa. The shed end goes absolutely mental and he makes some of these pundits already writing him off eat some serious humble pie.

Chances are he doesn't do much for the rest of the season but just sometimes the players you least expect to do anything really take you by surprise and that is the belief I am going to hold on to whenever he comes on the pitch. Yes I know that I am probably in the minority with this mindset but will back him all the way and hope he pops up with some important goals.

knot_buzz

Desperately needed another body so won't complain.

On a plus side I think competition for the spot could be the boot up the backside Martial needs.

redcafe_reader

I don't know why but I am quite optimistic about him. I think it will be a smart signing that will surprise a lot of people at the end of the season.

SpyLuke10

We really need a tough, PL proven striker upfront and aren't taking much risk with the deal. Greenwood has shown some capability but we'd be well and truly fecked if Martial gets injured at this point which is never a good place to be. Even if Rashford's back, he won't be a drop-in replacement to Martial.

Only complaint is that we should've lined something like this up at the beginning of the season.
spot on

sparky

I was initially downbeat at this, but I really hope he does well. He is a fan and this has come late in his career so hopefully he will go full Henrik Larsson! One of my fav things to do in FM is buy a player late in their career who has decent stats but never really made it and give them a chance.

RyRy11

Would have preferred more quality but nothing wrong with a 6 month loan.

van Persie

Call it nostalgia but the guy will give his heart & soul for this opportunity. United fan just like me & everyone else here. There's no reason to complain signing a player on loan for 6 months while we just picked up another injury which also gives us time to find a long-term solution. I bet you all crooks will be surprised.

BlackBen

Welcome Odion. I’m confident he won’t be a flop here because he won’t half arse it and he’s going to relish every single minute he gets here. Might not be up to the quality we want but it’s January how many teams were able to get a striker?

I’m Ole out but come on guys this is not the stick we should beat him with. We managed to get two players in and that excites me greatly because I didn’t think we could even get one in.

Come on United let’s get into the Champions league places .:keano::keano:

Reactions: Penna

IAmAWinner

Would have been an average signing in 2015. And now we loan him 5 years later, when he is 30. I just don't get this club.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It is the best we can do. So in my book, it is a good move.
People are deluded if they thought a top striker was available now, especially for a loan move

van Persie

Would have been an average signing in 2015. And now we loan him 5 years later, when he is 30. I just don't get this club.
Support another one then. Who would you've got as a temporary solution? There's no pemanent fix available in January unless you're the fecking messiah. It's a god damn loan. fecking hell, I don't even want to be on this forum anymore with all these entitled kids playing FUT with their dads credit card who weren't there before the SAF glory years and got spoilt. It's a temporary cover to a recent injury.

What did you expect?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Support another one then. Who would you've got as a temporary solution? There's no pemanent fix available in January unless you're the fecking messiah. It's a god damn loan. fecking hell, I don't even want to be on this forum anymore with all these entitled kids playing FUT with their dads credit card who weren't there before the SAF glory years and got spoilt. It's a temporary cover to a recent injury.

What did you expect?
Thinking a player isn't good enough isn't a sense of entitlement, though. It's merely an opinion. Just because someone thinks someone may be a poor signing doesn't make them any less of a fan that someone who always gives his clubs players the benefit of the doubt.

It seems to really upset you that not everyone rates every single player we buy. Instead of telling those people to support another club, just ignore them if it cause you this much aggro.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I have no idea why and have nothing to back it up but I just have a feeling hes going to do really well here.

Jacob

I have no idea why and have nothing to back it up but I just have a feeling hes going to do really well here.
He's seems to have the right attitude, very spirited. Fact that the scored buckets with a shit team in PL is also comforting.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Turned down Tottenham to join United, will become a cult hero if he fires United to fourth over Spurs.
And Inter. A journo in the Scandinavian United supporters club did an interview with him when he was 18 years old playing for the Norwegian club Lyn. He said that his dream was to play in the PL, preferrably for his favourite club Man Utd.

He now got his dream move, so I’m expecting him to give absolutely everything. I think this will turn out to be a decent signing.

slored1

Good luck to him. If he can provide a good backup option it will be enough.

fergosaurus

Will he be in time for wolves tonight?
No. Our following fixture is against Chelsea on 17th Feb so he'll have plenty of time to be ready for that.

I read an article and apparently his family is based in Manchester so that should help with settling in. Also BBC have said Barca tried to sign him last year and he turned them down which I thought was interesting.

van Persie

Thinking a player isn't good enough isn't a sense of entitlement, though. It's merely an opinion. Just because someone thinks someone may be a poor signing doesn't make them any less of a fan that someone who always gives his clubs players the benefit of the doubt.

It seems to really upset you that not everyone rates every single player we buy. Instead of telling those people to support another club, just ignore them if it cause you this much aggro.
Name a few better strikers, realistically, we could have got to cover up midseason at deadline because of a recent injury and for a few months - compared to a Premier League proven striker. To say otherwise is just being borderline out of touch with reality and sheer entitlement.

EwanI Ted

Its not a question of quality - he obviously isn't good enough to be a United first teamer - its a question of utility. Will he able to give other strikers a rest in the last 15 minutes of games? Will he be able to play against nobody teams in the Europa when the tie is already won? Will he be able to give opposition defenders something else to think about when we're chasing a late goal? If yes, then he could be a decent signing, not because he's going to score goals (if he even gets 4 I'll be amazed), but because he eased the pressure on others. Such is the value of a deep squad.

However there is a risk that either he won't even reach that low bar. Looking at a quick YouTube vid last night, the thing that struck me most was how dreadful the quality of the Chinese league is. Below League 1 level imo, so its hard to know how he'll adapt to being back at a very high level again. Or there's a risk that the way the season pans out we simply don't get those times when a utility squad player can help others out, because we're continually in games where quality matters and don't get those dead rubbers. In either case the whole exercise is a bit pointless.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Might just work. It's about time we made a journeyman look world class. We normally do it the other way around.

IAmAWinner

What did you expect?
Sorry for not wanting a 30 year old striker from the Chinese league, even if it's on loan. He had 1 good season in the premier league, which was 5 years ago. I'm quite certain there were better options available. ffs Haland was there for the taking. Even Piatek was available. I just have higher standards for this club.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We've historically had 4 strikers under Fergie, and this gets us back up numbers wise (Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, Greenwood). Having at least 1, sometimes 2 forwards on the bench is going to help massively.

Pretty far off some of our truly great squads though!!!

edgecutter

Considering it's Ed Woodward in charge I'm just glad we got somebody. It's a shame that both these deals couldn't have been done earlier in the month considering the fixture congestion.

Ighalo may turn out to be useless, but it's only a loan so worth a punt.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Name a few better strikers, realistically, we could have got to cover up midseason at deadline because of a recent injury and for a few months - compared to a Premier League proven striker. To say otherwise is just being borderline out of touch with reality and sheer entitlement.
Rondon and Bakambu were right there available for loan

Status
Not open for further replies.