Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
It's 50% he's quality and 50% we've had a striker who's movement is so bad it makes Ighalo look god-like. But I love him, top notch professional and so chuffed for him to be genuinely making an impact after working so hard and getting his opportunity.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's 50% he's quality and 50% we've had a striker who's movement is so bad it makes Ighalo look god-like. But I love him, top notch professional and so chuffed for him to be genuinely making an impact after working so hard and getting his opportunity.
He hasn’t put a foot wrong, when he’s in good positions he doesn’t make the wrong pass or he doesn’t blast the ball Rojo style. He knows when to shoot, when to link up and his dribbling and hold up is pretty silky. He plays like how you’d control a player on Fifa.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
LOVE ...... THIS ...... GUY - sign him up. Another transformative and smart signing.
Hopefully Woodward will trust Ole more this coming summer and open up the purse-string. But at the same time, I don't think Ole needs to buy big -- just step by step -- or the chemistry within the squad gets fecked again.
Have a two-year target and buy accordingly.

This summer and next as the final pieces to competing consistently. This will also manage the expectation of the fans. I dont need to hear Ole Out again for a couple of years.

I can definitely see him staying. He's openly said we are his dream club, hes getting minutes and he's scoring goals. It's unfortunate his season is going to be cut short but how can he possibly be ok with going back to China from here?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
But at the same time, I don't think Ole needs to buy big -- just step by step -- or the chemistry within the squad gets fecked again.
Nor do I. I think a genuine RW / RF and a top drawer defensive midfielder and we're good for a tilt at the title. Obviously if Pogba goes we'd need to replace him with another quality MF but I genuinely think we're very close to a top side.

Mainoldo

You can take paycut even when it's just loan deal. ManUtd pay percentage of wages and the rest all he won't get it from his parent club.
Well never seen that before. Never known anyone go on loan and take a pay cut. Would his parent club not be breaching their contract?

sglowrider

Nor do I. I think a genuine RW / RF and a top drawer defensive midfielder and we're good for a tilt at the title. Obviously if Pogba goes we'd need to replace him with another quality MF but I genuinely think we're very close to a top side.
If we are talking about chemistry, I think Pogba needs to be in that conversation. Sell him. We have an equally creative player in Bruno and more consistent and productive. We just another need to double creative pivot like how Mata and Bruno play together. And an RW.

That will do for me. Keep Ighalo for another season so that we can develop Greenwood further and later -- and no pressure to get another striker for a couple of summers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well never seen that before. Never known anyone go on loan and take a pay cut. Would his parent club not be breaching their contract?
Obviously there will be new contracts to agree that as part of loan deal.

Ighalo, his agent and the clubs spent the night negotiating and signing paperwork to get it through before the deadline at 7am Shanghai time.
Meanwhile, other clubs were calling asking Ighalo to sign for them.

"I told my agent 'this is what I want. I want to come here'," added Ighalo.

"He said: 'You're going to get a pay cut to go to United.'

"I said: 'I don't care. Make this deal happen. I want to go to United. I don't care how much is the pay cut, I know that, make it happen.'"
Even before this interview, few reporters reported that Ighalo will earn around 100k-150K at ManUtd.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If we are talking about chemistry, I think Pogba needs to be in that conversation. Sell him. We have an equally creative player in Bruno and more consistent and productive.
I agree but it's a dangerous thing to say without putting a protective helmet on and ducking for cover :lol:

neilv93

I can definitely see him staying. He's openly said we are his dream club, hes getting minutes and he's scoring goals. It's unfortunate his season is going to be cut short but how can he possibly be ok with going back to China from here?
Me too. He's been excellent since rocking up but best of all he offers depth without path-blocking (as Martial/Rashford will always be the main two strikers and Greenwood behind them now) and a different option as a target man. Earning his stripes, that's for sure.

The Original

I think going back to China is the best thing for Ighalo actually. He will leave as a legend of sorts, go back to making more money, and Utd can use his time here as a beta test for the type of striker the club needs to buy. Just a younger version.

Zlatattack

What a performance. If he carries on like this to the end of the season, he deserves a contract offer (assuming his club would sell him). I think if he can maintain this level even for another season, it would give Greenwood time to develop into his replacement. Really happy for him though - the guy is living the dream.

EdinburghDevil

He's done well when he's played and seems to be the right type of player too. Obviously loves playing for the club.

Raul Jimenez would be top of my list, but wouldn't have a problem with the club signing Ighalo as I would imagine the fee involved would be relatively cheap. Maybe a Sanchez swap deal.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
What a performance. If he carries on like this to the end of the season, he deserves a contract offer (assuming his club would sell him). I think if he can maintain this level even for another season, it would give Greenwood time to develop into his replacement. Really happy for him though - the guy is living the dream.
He is indeed.
What an opportunity for a guy of his age.
Good to see that he is making the very best of it.

And by the way. Well done indeed to the person who thought that he was worth signing.

LVGSdive

He hasn’t put a foot wrong, when he’s in good positions he doesn’t make the wrong pass or he doesn’t blast the ball Rojo style. He knows when to shoot, when to link up and his dribbling and hold up is pretty silky. He plays like how you’d control a player on Fifa.
Too bad striker's I play with on Pro Mode don't play like Ighalo.

Rolaholic

If we are talking about chemistry, I think Pogba needs to be in that conversation. Sell him. We have an equally creative player in Bruno and more consistent and productive. We just another need to double creative pivot like how Mata and Bruno play together. And an RW.

That will do for me. Keep Ighalo for another season so that we can develop Greenwood further and later -- and no pressure to get another striker for a couple of summers.
Now what happens, heaven forbid, if we lose Bruno to injury? We go back to playing Pereira and Lingard regularly? :houllier:

I personally believe it's in our best interest to have as many quality creative players in midfield and attack instead of just 1 or 2, all the best sides in the world do.

Also Pogba has never been claimed to be a problem in the dressing room by any current or former teammate irregardless of what the press push. It's been quite the opposite really.

He's also been seen hanging out with Ighalo and others on social media lately already. Ole said yesterday that he expects him to be a part of the squad next season which I would look forward to personally. Him and Bruno will cause fits for opposition midfield and backlines. Add Fred the engine and you have as formidable midfield as any in the league

sglowrider

I think Woodward probably has an annual budget he has to stay within. I bet opening up the purse strings will need a board vote. AKA a Glazer clan decision. I bet they say no.
Unfortunately I agree with you via a vis annual report. The past years of wilderness is biting into our ability to spend.

Nep77

If Jesse Lingard can be on 100k a week than sure we can give a rotation/Squad option CF 100-120k a week. Surely Chinese club won't be asking a huge fee, This means we save money paid on transfer and use it on wages for him instead.

Rolaholic

He keeps scoring in the little amount of gametime he gets and it would be dumb not to sign him up permanently. Not to mention the fact that he'd be more than happy keeping the same role on the bench and his positive attitude and determination is infectious

Haven't been anything but impressed with him on and off the pitch since deadline day, I'd sign him up before the season is over personally. Having him and Greenwood as attack options on the bench has brought on such a sense of reassurance knowing that we still have potential goals waiting whenever the starters come off

sglowrider

If Jesse Lingard can be on 100k a week than sure we can give a rotation/Squad option CF 100-120k a week. Surely Chinese club won't be asking a huge fee, This means we save money paid on transfer and use it on wages for him instead.
Didnt they pay like 20million quid for him? If so, I am sure they will want to recover some of that.

sglowrider

Its a shame our loanee, Alexi has had the same impact. They are only 1 yr apart in age and the difference in their mobility and legs...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Get this lad signed up. Shame we aren't going to be able to get the "Ole, Ole sign him up" chants going anytime soon.

ghagua

I would be more than happy to have Ighalo on a permanent basis. It does not matter if Martial is the first choice, we need capable backups just in case. Ighalo has shown he can be a starter-level player for us. If we get a big-name player, that would mean that Martial is done, which I don't think is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.