Abusive

Date of birth/Age: Jun 16, 1989 (30)

Nationality: Nigerian

Height: 1.83 m

Position: Centre-Forward

Agent: Emefie Aneke Atta

Last edited by a moderator:

podurban2

It would be great if this turned out good! Will be opened minded - head says no but still hoping.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'll be honest, I have a feeling he's gonna absolutely bang

1 - it's a loan so there's not any pressure, we'll be happy if he hits the target

2 - he seems a decent bloke

3 - this transfer reminds me of a trademark fergie signing. Not sure why.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbf he was class that one year in Watford (though a while ago). Good luck to him! Incredibly random and funny how it came to this but genuinely think he'll end up being a decent loan signing.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I'll be honest, I have a feeling he's gonna absolutely bang

1 - it's a loan so there's not any pressure, we'll be happy if he hits the target

2 - he seems a decent bloke

3 - this transfer reminds me of a trademark fergie signing. Not sure why.
Several similarities to the Larsson loan I suppose. Stop-gap loan for an older striker, from a smaller club, who had played in the UK before, in a young team very much in transition.

Teja

We really need a tough, PL proven striker upfront and aren't taking much risk with the deal. Greenwood has shown some capability but we'd be well and truly fecked if Martial gets injured at this point which is never a good place to be. Even if Rashford's back, he won't be a drop-in replacement to Martial.

Only complaint is that we should've lined something like this up at the beginning of the season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Guess who his OT debut is likely to be against ;)

OverratedOpinion

We desperately needed a body up front with 24 hours left in the window. We have managed to sign a striker who has history of scoring goals in the Premier League, offers something different and won't effect our summer targets. I am actually chuffed with this personally. Also whatever level it is, there really is nothing as exciting as signing a striker for me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
In the year 2029 this will be remembered in the top 10 weirdest PL 'transfers' of the decade.

AshRK

Not a fan of this signing but I will back him and hope he helps us finish top 4. The best thing is if it doesn't work out then there is no loss.

OverratedOpinion

In the year 2029 this will be remembered in the top 10 weirdest PL 'transfers' of the decade.
Really? I am really perplexed by people saying this is strange.

We needed short term cover and ideally someone with Premier League experience. With the Chinese league being suspended I am surprised more people didn't predict it.

Relevated

Everyone who isn't happy with this signing is just saying so because he isn't a huge name and not a long term player. It doesn't matter if he's not better than lukaku, I bet he desires this more. I bet he's a better professional. I bet he is a better team player and I bet you he has a better touch.

He's gonna get the lads, martial and greenwood, involved. He will feed of Bruno Fernandes and pogba. He will bust his ass for us.

However, I just hope he stays fit.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Who would have thought that he's going to be the first Nigerian to play for United after the Mikel fiasco?
I pray he succeeds for us
We should unveil his squad number ASAP ,I'm ordering my Ighalo Jersey .:D:D

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really? I am really perplexed by people saying this is strange.

We needed short term cover and ideally someone with Premier League experience. With the Chinese league being suspended I am surprised more people didn't predict it.
It's just random, that's all. I don't think anyone would have predicted on the 1st of January that Ighalo would be playing for United at any point.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We didn't have many options, 6 months loan deal is fine. If he plays well then we will negotiate buy option (as per Romano, there wasn't time and will be negotiated in coming weeks), if he doesn't then he will be back to China.

He is one more option for attacking position.

roonster09

Scout
It's just random, that's all. I don't think anyone would have predicted on the 1st of January that Ighalo would be playing for United at any point.
Even on 29th-30th, I don't think anyone would have predicted.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He looks strong, fast, and a fighter. Experienced in PL and Serie A. All things considered, this is a decent loan coup.

Dante

Average bang
He's very much a counter-attacking striker rather than a fox-in-the-box whose movement can turn a poor pass into an assist. The same as Rashford and Martial who need the ball to come to them, rather than them going to the ball.

I would have preferred a Chicharito type for the sake of variety. But Ighalo's going to be wearing a United shirt so he gets my full support from now on.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Even on 29th-30th, I don't think anyone would have predicted.
This time last year he turned down Barcelona because he didn't want to leave on a loan to be a backup. I guess the situation is China has changed his mind.

DeGea

Apparently he turned down quite a few other clubs because he wanted to play for United. Go on son!

roonster09

Scout
This time last year he turned down Barcelona because he didn't want to leave on a loan to be a backup. I guess the situation is China has changed his mind.
Yeah, I was reading BBC article on that. He said he is second top scorer and don't want to be back up. Hopefully he will score many for us.

I dont know much about him but lets hope he does well. He will get plenty of chances, with Rashford out I can see Martial moving left and him playing centrally.

Xaviboy

Happy for the chap. Will give it his all and will give his heart and soul to play for the club. He grew up knowing how big a club we are and will work hard next 6 months to make this his dream come true. Let's get behind him lads.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Turned down Tottenham to join United, will become a cult hero if he fires United to fourth over Spurs.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Tbf he was class that one year in Watford (though a while ago). Good luck to him! Incredibly random and funny how it came to this but genuinely think he'll end up being a decent loan signing.
Based on that video the guy absolutely loves a dummy (or two, or three).

Let’s hope he turns out a better loan signing than Falcao.

DoomSlayer

What an embarrassing signing, does the barrel even have a bottom, banter club, blah blah blah BLAH!

I'm fecking sick of all the moaning shite amongst our whole fanbase. Everyone is so entitled and at the same time doesn't want to do anything to change the situation.

I'm fully in the Ighalo FC, supporting this guy no matter what, just to piss off all the moaning brigadiers.

Nigerian R9, the PL ain't ready, all of that. Huge United fan, dream come true for him, first Nigerian to play for the club, the whole deal will only cost us £4 million. Let's go!

Relevated

What an embarrassing signing, does the barrel even have a bottom, banter club, blah blah blah BLAH!

I'm fecking sick of all the moaning shite amongst our whole fanbase. Everyone is so entitled and at the same time doesn't want to do anything to change the situation.

I'm fully in the Ighalo FC, supporting this guy no matter what, just to piss off all the moaning brigadiers.

Nigerian R9, the PL ain't ready, all of that. Huge United fan, dream come true for him, first Nigerian to play for the club, the whole deal will only cost us £4 million. Let's go!
Although I reckon he'd bang both the Paul brothers put together. So let's smash this and finish the season strong

Status
Not open for further replies.