6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

He's not fat but he's a big lad in build.

He also looks a right handful to control. I think he could be an asset in home games.

Adamsk7

Should have scored but obviously not sharp. Other than that, he was pretty damn good! Looked fast, rolled his defender once but most importantly, was in striker positions!!! Yay!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looked really out of shape.

OverratedOpinion

I saw someone on here say that Martial was "big and strong" the other day, I was confused but no one seemed to disagree with this poster. Then I saw him standing next to Ighalo and felt vindicated.

mu4c_20le

His movement is pretty good and that of a proper centre forward. I was surprised at how easily he found space and timed that run perfectly.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Decent cameo. His hold-up play is light years ahead of Martial’s and I can see him being our first-choice centre-forward within the next few weeks. Martial will go out wide and James will get a well-earned rest.

lsd

The Oracle
Interesting cameo he looks a proper centre forward and it has been a long time since we had one of those

AndersB

Decent cameo. His hold-up play is light years ahead of Martial’s and I can see him being our first-choice centre-forward within the next few weeks. Martial will go out wide and James will get a well-earned rest.
Steady now. He held up two balls and played for four minutes.

RedDevilRoshi

His movement is pretty good and that of a proper centre forward. I was surprised at how easily he found space and timed that run perfectly.
Agree. Decent cameo. He should have scored but I think once he gets more up to speed and develops an understanding with the rest of his teammates, he will make a positive impact.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's not fat but he's a big lad in build.

He also looks a right handful to control. I think he could be an asset in home games.
Yeah he looks like you’d hit him like a wall if you ran in to him. Much better build than another big striker I can think of.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His finishing is notorious for being erratic so I wasn't surprised one bit he missed that chance. :D
But he'll put in a shift and that's all we can ask for.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Steady now. He held up two balls and played for four minutes.
And Martial has been here five years and has ‘held up’ the play about the same number of times.

(I really like Martial but I don’t think he has the all-round game to lead the line at the top level. Ighalo’s strength with his back to goal is a step up from Martial’s. It’s well documented, not just based on tonight.)

OverratedOpinion

And Martial has been here five years and has ‘held up’ the play about the same number of times.

(I really like Martial but I don’t think he has the all-round game to lead the line at the top level. Ighalo’s strength with his back to goal is a step up from Martial’s. It’s well documented, not just based on tonight.)
Martial's hold up play is generally pretty good? The problem with Martial is he seems to only have a passing interest in scoring.

Welbeckham

I don’t really agree with him looking out of shape, few good touches, but you can’t say much about his match fitness based on that.

And it’s not like that chance was some huge miss, did well to get there in the first place, couldn’t quite open his body for a proper finish. Interesting cameo.

Minkaro

I don't think he's going to be a main striker. I might be misremembering slightly, but I'm sure at Watford he typically played WITH Deeney, rather than instead of. Whether it's Martial or Greenwood alongside him, I don't know, but I think his job will be to hold the ball up to play in the more creative players around him.

el3mel

Poor chance to miss but nothing really to talk about. Should be evaluated when he plays a full match or so. TBH I was totally against his signing and think he's a poor player in general but nothing to moan about at the moment. Let's give him his fair chance first. Hopefully he does well next game.

RedIan

Looks an interesting option. Wish he had taken that chance, you can see he’s desperate to play and do well. Hope he does.

Ibi Dreams

I don't think he's going to be a main striker. I might be misremembering slightly, but I'm sure at Watford he typically played WITH Deeney, rather than instead of. Whether it's Martial or Greenwood alongside him, I don't know, but I think his job will be to hold the ball up to play in the more creative players around him.
Hopefully he can still do that as our main striker. Play the ball to him, he holds it up, he plays it back or in to the wide players or the attacking midfielder. He might not score that much but he could still be very useful if he can do this well. Martial doesn't really seem to have the knack for it, despite his talent.

meamth

He is not fat.
That's just pure tank wearing kid's football kit.

I can see him combining with Martial well.

luke511

I was so gutted when he missed that one on one at the end :lol: would've been a scene.

Thepinhead

He is bigger than I remember. It's just the type of target man you need to have in your team either as a starter or an option depending on the type of football you play.

youngrell

Keen to see him play with Martial, I think his strength, running off the ball and hold up play will really work well with Tony a bit deeper working off him.

starman

Obviously people will be talking about his chance, but he had some nice touches and hold up play and the chance came because of his movement so that's encouraging.
Is he out of shape? Maybe, but he's always looked a bit top heavy

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a debut it would have been, not much to judge him. Hopefully he will get match sharp quickly.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Don't know why he didn't belt that chance, he doesn't look the type for delicate finishes. Keeper and all should have been smashed into the back of the net. Didn't matter as it turned out but considering the lack of chances our lot create we need to be scoring those.

Chairman Steve

Would have gone mental if he scored at the end... And so would have the entirety of Nigeria if you follow Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.