6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Red

Not enough has been said about how well Ole has done this January window. Two signings that have improved us. As supporters we have to be happy with the forward progress. Our transfer strategy is finally making sense

Red Star One

I just love that you can see he is absolutely delighted to be here and to fulfil his childhood dream, it always reminds me how huge club Manchester United is and that there really are things in football you can't buy.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Getting better. Couple of goals against weak opposition but they all count. Would like to see him sharper on the ball though. Been a few occasions where he's resembled a hulking central defender rather than a dangerous centre forward but hopefully his touch improves as the season progresses.

Based Adnan

He's already halfway to what I said would be a successful goal tally for him come end of the season

Hawks2008

I had forgotten what a striker with good movement and positioning in the box looked like.

ghagua

I had forgotten what a striker with good movement and positioning in the box looked like.
Same here. We were not creating much earlier and it used to be frustrating that no one was in the box when we did. Now I am confident Ighalo will be there with his scoring instincts.

TrustInOle

Having an important impact and doing exactly what a true number 9 does. Brilliantly happy for him and if this is Ighalo not fully fit, can only get better.

meamth

I'd sign him permanently.

This is the kind of player that will allow Rashford, Martial and Greenwood to fulfill their potential.

Great performance from him today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd sign him permanently.

This is the kind of player that will allow Rashford, Martial and Greenwood to fulfill their potential.

Great performance from him today.
Really took a lot of convincing for you to want us to sign him permanently.

Tony247

Proper no. 9. Lukaku usually miss at least three chances before he scores. This guy is miles better.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good to see him getting goals. So far this signing is working. He is good enough to slot in if needed, and allows us to rotate and rest our other attacking players as required.

zenith

He was great tonight. Though, I hope the club does not get carried away and waits for the end of the season before taking a call on his permanent contract.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I would buy him if it is cheap, he has shown that he can score goals. Almost snatch a winner against Everton. He is physical and always trying to get in the box. Sign him for 2 years while Greenwood get stronger and physical.

meninred

Typical Andy Cole goals. No wonder he was his childhood hero.

Wing Attack Plan R

I admit I was not impressed when I heard we signed a striker from the Chinese league, but I am delighted to have my doubts proven unfounded! He's looked good when under pressure, good close control, good touch, and he shoots on target = the anti-Lukaku. He's been a real boost to the side so far, long may it continue.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s Doing the business! I’d imagine he’d cost a fortune to get out of a contract where he’s earning so much so realistically it’ll be back to China with him while we look for someone else this summer? It’s Been an inspired loan so far. We’ve really needed him, he allows us to freshen things up in games like this and he offers something different to all our other strikers. Good signing lads.

rollingstoned1

gives us a focal point up front, an extra body and experience which we generally lack around the squad and especially up front, so scoring these goals even in the cups is good. He still doesn't look fully match fit which when he will should see him become even sharper imo. I'm hoping he can score a few crucial goals for us these next few months, we need a striker who can bail us out at times when we are not quite playing that well yet still need to win.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think his general play is underrated, his link up play is very good and also he makes decision very quickly. Can't deny he looks clumsy at times but he is doing better than I expected.

dasty

That's why it is so much better to sign an experienced striker who had a record of scoring goals in the PL before on loan instead of not signing any striker at all you miserable fecks.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He's been good so far. He brings something different up front and I could see him snatching a winner against the teams who are happy to sit back and play for the draw. He has that proper centre forward feel about him with his strength, instinct and finishing in the box.

As an aside, how good is it to see we're signing players who genuinely want to be here? The same can be said of all the signings this season, I think.

UpWithRivers

If he continues playing like this I definitely vote for signing him permanently.
I dont get this at all. He's on something like 300,000 grand a week in China and hes got something like 2 years left on his contract. Even if he halved his wage demands that would be a bit much and there is no way he is losing 150 a week to come to us. Then the fee would be what? 30? more probably if he bangs a few more goals in. Not happening.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Doing what we brought him in for. Great movement yesterday, and as always, he knows how to carve out a chance and score. Add to that the fact that he seems to love the club, and comes off as a pretty decent guy.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Doing his role perfectly. Getting crucial goals and ensuring that Martial isn't overworked. I'm sure we'll see him start in PL soon enough too.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's decent. I predicted he'd get 8 goals anyway so he's on the way. Could have had more.

If he does keep this kind of form up and the numbers are acceptable he'd be worth signing on a 2 year deal as back up.
But there's no way he's getting a monster contract and wage.

MiracleInMadrid

Loved the first goal against Derby. Scrabby as hell, but not all strikers would score in that situation. Just before he recieved the ball he pushed himself away from the defender marking him, giving himself a bit of space to recieve the ball in. Then he showed strenght, balance and composure by wrestling the defenders off the ball only to release the shot at the right time. Not the most powerful shot, but he was aware of where the goalkeeper was and simply outplaced him.

mad1max954

I said this before and completely agree, he is a very intelligent footballer. He just doesn’t have the technique to make at the the top. Though if he keeps these performances going.. difficult to argue

romufc

Exactly what he was signed for. Give us options in these games whilst resting Martial.

He will give us a different dimension when we need to change things up during games too.

Our signings so far this season have been brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.