6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsville

He has been a brilliant addition, he offers fantastic CF play, hold up, awareness, keeps moves flowing and has an eye for goal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was hopeful that he'd do well after watching videos of him on YouTube when our interest in him became known, and he's been even better.

AshRK

Where are people getting this might be his last game bs? He is going nowhere. To have a 3rd choice/4th choice striker for his calibre is a gold. The guy will easily get you 10 plus goals in all competitions without much fuss. Rather have him than spending 50 odd million in dembele.

Chairman Steve

I wouldn’t mind having him permanently. Note as well he’s retired from internationals so no ACON absence in mid season.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Any indication of how much it would cost to buy him?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
He's been a great signing, has fitted in right away and contributes a lot to the team. He really wants to be here, above any other club. I hope we manage to keep him after the loan ends.

Foxbatt

The team plays better because they know that he will hold up the ball most of time. Then lay off to Bruno who can do something with the ball.

mu4c_20le

Just a reminder on how much he wanted to play for us

Ighalo, 30, will be the first Nigerian to play for United and was so determined to join Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side that wages did not come into it when he told his agent where he wanted to go.

‘A few other clubs had shown interest,’ Ighalo said. ‘I said: ‘‘Please, just pick United, if it’s possible.”

‘At 11pm in Shanghai, my agent called [to say] United want to do the deal so I woke up that night and started looking for a translator to go to the directors’ room and hit his door and all that.

‘So, they started talking and discussing. I didn’t sleep because it was going to end at 7am, Shanghai time, and the transfer (window) was going to close.So, from 11pm, there was paperwork, negotiating for the loan deal, we are talking and other teams are calling, wanting me, but I told my agent this is what I want. I want to come here. He said: “You’re going to get a pay cut.” I said: “I don’t care, make this happen. I want to go to United.”’

Falcow

His first control and touch are really good. I keep expecting it to bounce off him, sort of a lukaku induced form of PTSD.

Mainoldo

Flat track bully. I love it. Just what we needed someone to rotate upfront. Could be a useful option if we want to save money.

Mainoldo

Good addition to the squad, very different player from Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.
And He also won't complain even if he's 3rd choice striker.

What's his current wage?
Too much. I think £300k a week.

Chairman Steve

If it helps, he signed a three year deal with Shanghai Shenhua in February 2019, therefore he has two years left on his current contract.

mu4c_20le

Any indication of how much it would cost to buy him?
Chinese clubs usually won't hold their foreign players hostage when they want to leave, im guessing around 5m or maybe they'll cancel his contract.

RedIan

Took his goal superbly, i gave him motm. Always a threat up front. At one stage he flat out sprinted 80 yds chasing back a counter attack. Impressed.

Steven7290

His touch is deceptively good for someone his frame. Great first touch and dribbling at times that surprised the heck out of me, but that is probably because we had Romelu for a long time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Flat track bully. I love it. Just what we needed someone to rotate upfront. Could be a useful option if we want to save money.
To be fair to him, he's yet to start against quality opposition so he could end up performing just as well against them, too!

Cathy Ferguson

Exactly the type of player that we were missing. Good holdup play, strong and a good finisher. A very astute signing even if Rashford would have been available.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Will be interesting to see what posters who wrote him off before he even kicked the ball thinks of this move now.
It was more of a critique of Ed rather than Ighalo himself, but I'm definitely guilty. The guy has been performing admirably so far, and what a goal tonight!

kirk buttercup

I love him . He really loves playing for United and is a great player to have in the squad . I couldn't be happier with him and Bruno great business both of them

Fetshu

I don't want us to shoot our load too soon, we did that with Solkskjaer
A bit early to say still, but at the moment seems to be finally paying off, no?

This is the best that we have looked after the SAF era when it comes to the spirit of the team and overall gameplay. We had a difficult period once the initial honeymoon phase wore off, but no one can't deny that we're moving in the right direction -whether it's the transfers, mentality or the general feeling around the club.

Even the season when we finished 2nd under Mou, I still didn't have that ''can't wait for the next game'' feeling that I currently have. Although the current global situation couldn't have come at a worse time.

And since this is Iggy's thread, might as well add a couple of words about him - I didn't have any particular feelings when the loan came through. It wasn't a ''wow'' type of signing, but at the same time there still was that sense of mistery around it. As seen now, he's the exact type of squad option that we were lacking for ages. Lukaku was supposed to be that type of player that Ighalo has shown to be in his very short time here.

Everytime he gets the ball, you almost always expect something to happen, because he has proven multiple times now, that when played at his feet, he sure as hell can hold the ball and pick the right option afterwards.

Brilliant bit of business by the club/Ole and really do hope we take him as a permanent option.

Last edited:
Reactions: roonster09

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well he did pretty well in his cameo against city
Yep, but it'd be interesting to see if he could perform like that when starting against the big'uns instead of after coming on in the 90th. From what we've seen so far, I think he could. His general play is very impressive.

I was going to say I'd like to see him and Martial together but it looks like football is done for the season.

Cliche Guevara

A lot of chat, correctly, about how better off we’d be if we had brought Bruno in last summer.

Same has to be said with Big Halo. Some of those shitey results earlier wouldn’t have happened with this guy in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.