Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hope we sign him up. Exactly what we needed.
He's showing maturity as a center forward. His movement, timing to pass, and when to hold the ball. His finishing is only decent, but he brings so much more. He really reminds me of Larsson's time here. And what I expect a fit Mandzukic would be with us.

He's also on a perfect age to our striking force. He can give at least 3 years as cover for Martial, and to bridge the gap until Greenwood is ready to be Martial cover.

nycender

Love this guy and he's practically living out my dream. Boyhood United fans bagging goals for the club he supported as a kid. And you can tell he would die for the shirt!

Martialfc

Don’t care what anyone says he’s better than Lukaku. I like his touch, control and how he uses his body well. Made up for him every time he scores and he seems like a great humble guy. Things are looking up and thank god we got rid of Lukaku!

Cloud7

Don’t care what anyone says he’s better than Lukaku. I like his touch, control and how he uses his body well. Made up for him every time he scores and he seems like a great humble guy. Things are looking up and thank god we got rid of Lukaku!
His style of play and ability is much easier on the eyes than Lukaku. That guy was painful to watch most times.

Tarrou

completely won me over and I think we should sign him, and I reckon Ole will think that way too

we've basically lucked out here, just got whatever striker we could in the last hours but found a gem

loves the club, took a pay-cut, and is performing very very well

we should sign him and allocate the money we save to other areas

Foxbatt

He brings a different dimension. CBs are only worried about the pace of Martial and his trickery. They know when the ball is in the air, they are supreme. With Ighalo they are not sure what he will do. They cannot bully him and he is good enough to worry them with his control and pace. I really wish Ole would go two up front with Ighalo and Martial with Martial dropping deep and Ighalo staying up front.

MyDevil

Hope this is not his last match for us. Please sign him permanently. How can we pass on a player who will do everything for the chance to wear Man Utd shirt?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Took his goal superbly, i gave him motm. Always a threat up front. At one stage he flat out sprinted 80 yds chasing back a counter attack. Impressed.
I am guessing that this is what they mean by ''wanting to play for the badge'?

sglowrider

I think Ighalo is a prime example for United fans not to shoot their mouths off without having seen a player, or letting a player settle before making their opinions known.

They should have realised by now that the coaching, scouting staffs know a tad more about football than those keyboard warriors.

Tony247

100 times better than lukaku who is nothing but a predend no. 9. Everytime Ighalo gets the ball inside or near the box I get a feeling of goal coming, the feeling last I had with RVN.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great signing. We’d be mad not to sign him as a squad option.
Depends on the wages. Isn't he in an enormous contract in China? I don't think we should be signing a 30 year squad player on huge wages even though he's been really good. Maybe given he's a fan he'd be willing to take a cut?

SAFMUTD

If we can agree a deal that involves a reasonable fee and wages we should definately sign him. Its a shame that because of the virus we didnt have much matches to prove his worth but I believe him when he says he's a fan and he has good qualities to play as a 9, so as long as the money is correct I think its a no brainer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was more of a critique of Ed rather than Ighalo himself, but I'm definitely guilty. The guy has been performing admirably so far, and what a goal tonight!
Yeah I get the criticism for Ed but the way people went on and on as if it's a big scam, like his agent is business partner of Ole's agent, how he is some 27th in goal scoring charts in China, posting the same nonsense everyday without even waiting for him to show what he is capable of and it was a low risk loan signing.

Tbh my post was for few people who twists everything and blame Ole for it. :D

Jibbs

What an smazing signing he's proved to be... he plays with his heart and it shows. The way he is utilizing his strength and experience and long may it continue, we probably wouldn't need to sign a new striker.

RedCurry

Why not just try to extend his loan instead of a permanent deal? A full season with the squad can tell us a lot.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
hes been a great signing. another indication of our improving recruitment or a fluke?

very happy for him. this might be the last game he ever plays for us, if so, cheers man! looks at least a PL level player still and a good option tatically. i much prefer watching him than the sulking and out of shape lukaku pointing into space and throwing his hands in the air

Last edited:

sglowrider

If we can agree a deal that involves a reasonable fee and wages we should definately sign him. Its a shame that because of the virus we didnt have much matches to prove his worth but I believe him when he says he's a fan and he has good qualities to play as a 9, so as long as the money is correct I think its a no brainer.
Wow. All that without a full-stop! You are the Fred of the Caf. Non-stop

;)

shahzy

Depends on the wages. Isn't he in an enormous contract in China? I don't think we should be signing a 30 year squad player on huge wages even though he's been really good. Maybe given he's a fan he'd be willing to take a cut?
he already took a pay cut to join on loan. Either way who cares what he earns, the guy clearly loves utd and will give it his all whether he's paid 40k a week or 150k a week. I can't begrudge a man from earning more as long as he puts the effort in (which he evidently will imo)

sglowrider

hes been a great signing. another indication of our improving recruitment or a fluke?

very happy for him. this might be the last game he ever plays for us, if so, cheers man! looks at least a PL level player still at and a good option tatically. i much prefer watching him than the sulking and out of shape lukaku.
Fluke. As they always say, it's just the fifth time lucky.

Ole Out.

Castia

We laughed when he signed but it’s starting to look like a very good piece of business. Sign him up.

Tarrou

Paul Ince in being a bit of a twat shocker

‘It reminds me of one of those goals you try in training. If it’s a full house, I don’t know. ‘Maybe I’m doing a disservice to him, but I don’t know…’

Mainoldo

Pretty sure its 100k pounds a week. It was 300k pounds a week at the Chinese club but he took a pay cut coming to United.
How can he take a pay cut when he’s not our player? This is why it’s £300k a week.

Eleven-Eighteen

i think he wants to stay at United. has said and done all the right things on and off the pitch. knowing that he comes from a very humble background, the money must mean a lot to him. so as long as signing for United doesn't mean a 50% or higher pay cut, then my gut tells me he'll join if we give him the option

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How can he take a pay cut when he’s not our player? This is why it’s £300k a week.
You can take paycut even when it's just loan deal. ManUtd pay percentage of wages and the rest all he won't get it from his parent club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
he already took a pay cut to join on loan. Either way who cares what he earns, the guy clearly loves utd and will give it his all whether he's paid 40k a week or 150k a week. I can't begrudge a man from earning more as long as he puts the effort in (which he evidently will imo)
Nah we can't afford to pay squad players anything. That's not how a club is run (well at least). Hopefully he accepts a lower wage. He's played his role perfectly so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.