Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s been an undeniably great signing at this point for what he was brought to do; offer squad rotation, and keep scoring goals whilst doing so. The way he uses his body to sin defenders Is actually quite impressive and is what strikers like Lukaku could have done if he had any technical ability.

sillwuka

He's surpassed everyone's expectations already and he's probably going to score a few morr before the end of the season.

Very dangerous player in the box.

History has been very kind to Henrik Larsson's short spell at United, how will Ighalo be remembered? Because for me he's been better than Larsson.
read up on the impact he had on Rooney. It wasn’t just the matches the Larsson played that were important. If you just look at the headline numbers then you miss most of the story with the Larsson loan.

Both have turned out to be really good loans - and as a club we have had very few. Hopefully Ighalo keeps it up, I’ve been very impressed with him.

DoomSlayer

I was backing this guy from the start. Ighalo's style was always exactly what we lacked. His link-up play, holding of the ball and technique is excellent.

A very experienced and extremely smart player, his vision is also great, always knows where to find his teammates, even with his back to goal and defenders breathing in his neck.

Thiagoal

It’s funny because this Ighalo bares no resemblance to the one I remember at Watford. I always thought of him more as a speedy tricky player rather than an old fashioned number 9. Might have more to do with how little I watched Watford mind you

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s now passed Alexis Sanchez total goals tally.

Not bad for a banter signing eh?

It’s funny because this Ighalo bares no resemblance to the one I remember at Watford. I always thought of him more as a speedy tricky player rather than an old fashioned number 9. Might have more to do with how little I watched Watford mind you
He has lost a yard of pace since his Watford days, but his hold up play & game intelligence has come on leaps & bounds.

RedDevilRoshi

I thought he was superb yesterday, His hold-up play is underrated, He took his goal well too.
Yep, I thought he put in a very good performance again yesterday. Took his goal well and never stopped running.

He offers us something different to what the rest of our strikers in terms of his hold up play and bringing others into play.

Devil81

Exactly what I said to my mate last night, he's obviously lost a bit of pace but has bulked up to compensate for that as his game has adapted.

Gone from comedy signing to a brilliant piece of business. He's the type of striker you could see scoring the winning goal in a cup final, he doesn't seem fazed one bit.

Djemba-Djemba

He’s been brilliant hasn’t he?

I thought yesterday he looked zonked from about the 70th minute
Yeah same, although he did manage to get the Norwich defender sent off and he made a clever run for the winner so he was still contributing even though he looked dead on his feet.

He's been a very good signing.

Adamsk7

I love him. I think he is such a Fergie signing in the mould of a Sheringham, Owen or of course Larsson. He has that old school vibe of just doing the no.9 things well - making clever runs, holding up the ball and most crucially, just getting something on the ball to get a shot on target. His goal yesterday was a prime example as many players these days would have tried to bring that down or do something fancy. He just wanted to stick a leg out and get it towards to goal at all costs. Ended up hitting his shin but it went in.

He loves playing for us and he hasn’t let us down yet. Of course everyone will talk about Bruno leading our unbeaten run but I think Odion has had a huge impact too. Similarly to Fernandes the positives go beyond his performances - he’s a genuine guy, a hardworker and a positive role model for our younger players.

AJ Bullet

Something loveable about this guy, just seems genuinely pleased to be here, can imagine him being great to have around the dressing room. Kind of like Dwight Yorke back in the day.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What are the chances his loan becomes permanent? He's the perfect signing of we intend on nourishing Mason, Rashford and Martial as he won't complain about being a squad striker but can be a lethal player when on the pitch. Love this guy.

mav_9me

Motm yesterday no?
Scored a goal.
Great move, would have had chance to score a 2nd goal but instead at least got the defender sent off
Instrumental in the ball getting played into the box leading to 2nd goal.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's a fan rather than someone joining to raise his profile. He is playing with his heart and wants to do well for the club. What is there not to like.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What are the chances his loan becomes permanent? He's the perfect signing of we intend on nourishing Mason, Rashford and Martial as he won't complain about being a squad striker but can be a lethal player when on the pitch. Love this guy.
He's on huge money in China but if he's willing to take a pay cut then I think he'll end up here on a 1-2 year deal

Gerald G

I just love the way he pins defenders and his hold up play is excellent! Something different to the strikes we currently have. Long may it continue!

always_hoping

He’s now passed Alexis Sanchez total goals tally.

Not bad for a banter signing eh?

He has lost a yard of pace since his Watford days, but his hold up play & game intelligence has come on leaps & bounds.
Level with Sanchez at the moment.

Alexis Sánchez for Man Utd:
• 45 appearances, 5 goals.

Odion Ighalo for Man Utd:
• 11 appearances, 5 goals

Brightonian

Um ... he scored the first one.

This guy is as inspired a signing as Bruno - having the option of a player like him but, just not any player, someone that produces and fights the whole way through - we are incredibly lucky.
:lol: I'm very, very tired.

Agree with your point too. The guy talked a lot of nice talk about United and now he is walking the walk too.

lysglimt

Scout
he was partnering Troy Deeney up front - he probably looked speedy in comparison :)

Man Utd 5:2 Bournemouth

Matriac

Nothing flashy today, but just the difference in what he brings to our attack and the fact that every single time he is given minutes he is a goal threat makes me more and more keen on making him a permanent signing in January.

I was uncertain if we even needed to extend his loan, or that end of season would be enough, but he's winning me over with every touch. Super solid.

My only worry is I'm not sure when his dropoff will be. At 32? 33? 34?
But it's worth the risk for the role in backup he brings if we can persuade his club that they've managed without him for so long they might as well let him stay for a low fee.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We’re effectively looking for a forth-choice striker now and as long as he remains happy to be here there is no better candidate.

Tony247

Not good at all today, although he had about 15 minutes. Was invisible more or less
More than 15 mins it was service to him. Remember rashford chance towards the end? Please watch ighalo's movement. He cleverly dragged a defender with him on the left creating space for rashford to make a run.

It is not always goal or attempt. But how intelligently involved you are also matters for the team.

Mindhunter

Not good at all today, although he had about 15 minutes. Was invisible more or less
Not enough time really. The game was won and the movement wasn't as sharp. It would be different if we were chasing a goal. What I have noticed though that he gets at least 1-2 goal scoring chances almost every game (barring today's).

He obviously has a great workmate and moves around like a proper number 9 playing for a setup like ours. But he lacks the skills and the versatility to be a starting player - but a solid backup.

Web of Bissaka

Harsh.

Less feeding service with Bruno out.

Pogba is also in his "Where's Pogba" and "It's Pogba-show time" when he moved to #10, so extra less service.

Also Ighal did that good hold-the-ball play with two Villa players(?) and started the quick counter at the middle of the pitch. And as others said, his movements also dragged defenders away to create better spaces for teammates. That's doing too much in 15 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.