Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

superdry

touched by a genius
Not good at all today, although he had about 15 minutes. Was invisible more or less
He's not going to get much of a chance when we've gone in to energy conservation mode for the last 15 mins.

Sylar

Thought he should have come on to hold the ball and bypass the press
Think it should have been for one of Rashford or martial when we brought on James

Morpheus 7

It was a game for him, made no sense not giving him any minutes. Hold up play alone, struggling to beat the press. You go long, we were dangerous in the few occasions we got in there half.

Man Utd 1:3 Chelsea

Bojan11

Next time we start a system like that when we resting players then play a striker and not Dan James. Ighalo should have started today.

el3mel

What exactly is the point of having him on loan when he's not going to start these matches and we'll start James and shite in them ?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Needs to get more game time. Having a player who can hold the ball up would've helped today.

Devil may care

Agree with both the above posts, i was never in favour of bringing him in but since we have surely today was the type of game we got him for, when Ole wants to rest Martial, yet he went with James. :confused:

Devil81

If he's only getting the odd 10-minute cameo appearance in all but lost games it's clear he's not going to see much more action this season.

Feel really bad for him as when he's been given a chance he's been fantastic. He should have come on for James, no disrespect to Greenwood but we lacked a target man to outmuscle the Chelsea defence, I think Martial and Rashford would have done better with the space Ighalo created for them.

Zoo

Should have started him yesterday and gone more direct especially considering how much energy Chelsea had, pressing us all over the pitch.

flappyjay

Needs to get more game time. Having a player who can hold the ball up would've helped today.
It's literally one of the main ways to bypass the press but we had him set on the bench. I could understand some players being on the bench but Romero and Odion were dead set to start this match in my mind. Not trusting these 2 probably lost him the match.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No idea why he didn’t play today, would have been handy today, and maybe made a similar impact to Giroud the other end.

abkmufc92

What was the point of extending his loan if he's not going to start in these sorts of matches when other players need resting.

jem

He hasn't been given many minutes, but in the time he has been on the pitch during this restart, he has looked a lot like the player we were worried about getting, rather than the one who surprised us all during February/March.

el3mel

He hasn't been given many minutes, but in the time he has been on the pitch during this restart, he has looked a lot like the player we were worried about getting, rather than the one who surprised us all during February/March.
Ighalo isn't a class player that's for sure, he's an above average one, however it doesn't make sense to bring him on loan, then extend it, and end up playing him in the last 5 minutes of each game and not even starting him in a cup game when you decide to rest your main striker. Why did we bring him then ?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It was a good sub and one we should have made against Southampton

You don't bring him on for a goal but you bring him on for his hold up

freeurmind

weak willed
Ighalo isn't a class player that's for sure, he's an above average one, however it doesn't make sense to bring him on loan, then extend it, and end up playing him in the last 5 minutes of each game and not even starting him in a cup game when you decide to rest your main striker. Why did we bring him then ?
This.

Josh 76

How do you expect a player to hit the ground running with just a few minutes here and there.

He Probaly needs a couple of full games to get some sort of match fitness. There has been opportunities to give him that since lock down, but Ole would rather run his players to the ground before even considering making any changes.

Mcking

Should have come on earlier. He always seem to miss one good chance every game though.

jem

How do you expect a player to hit the ground running with just a few minutes here and there.

He Probaly needs a couple of full games to get some sort of match fitness. There has been opportunities to give him that since lock down, but Ole would rather run his players to the ground before even considering making any changes.
I agree - he should be getting many more opportunities.

Leicester 0:2 Man Utd

Get In Scholesy

I know a lot has been said about the arrival of Bruno and rightly so.

Odion’s arrival may have lit a fire under the ass of Martial and Rashford. Particularly Martial who’s looked like he is playing with renewed focus.

Hopefully Odion can get a few more goals for us in our Europa campaign.

Based Adnan

Curious as to why he doesn't come on to help us see out games more. I think it was vs City where he came on for the last 15 minutes and provided some much needed composure and hold up play.

Tony247

Curious as to why he doesn't come on to help us see out games more. I think it was vs City where he came on for the last 15 minutes and provided some much needed composure and hold up play.
I am too bit confused. He doesn't only improves hold up game but also provides sufficient threat in the box. A very good attacking sub in last 10-15 mins when we are defending a slender lead.

Man Utd 2:1 LASK

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Felt sorry for Ighalo tonight. He made a lot of good runs and played pretty well with his back to goal. However, in front of that midfield he was starved of service and he's a striker that needs service. He's not a Martial type who can open up a team with a drop of the shoulder and some skill. Probably would've scored if he'd have had Fernandes behind him feeding through balls in behind the LASK defence.

Based Adnan

The amount of easy balls that hit the first man instead of getting to him was frustrating

pascell

Should've had at least 2 tap ins today, what was Mata thinking in the 1st half?! Hard not to feel for him tonight, bet Ole was fuming we didn't get the ball in the box to Ighalo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I felt so sorry for him.

He kept getting into brilliant positions all night and everyone either ignored him or the attempted pass was shite and blocked.
I think Martial was lucky the offside flag went up at the end, otherwise Odion might have legit murdered him... He's got them crazy eyes.

mu4c_20le

Looked a bit rusty today. Really wish we could give him a run of games so we can see him at his best form.

Cabin Clown

Felt sorry for Ighalo tonight. He made a lot of good runs and played pretty well with his back to goal. However, in front of that midfield he was starved of service and he's a striker that needs service. He's not a Martial type who can open up a team with a drop of the shoulder and some skill. Probably would've scored if he'd have had Fernandes behind him feeding through balls in behind the LASK defence.
Exactly this. I can think of only one decent chance we've provided for him since the restart in the limited game-time that he's had. Deserves better. Hope he can make an impact in the coming games.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Felt so annoyed for him. Terrible lack of service, always when he was in the right position and posted to strike.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Hope he starts against Copenhagen. Lead the line and let Martial and Rashford buzz around him, and Fernandes behind him, he should get plenty of chances.

Tony247

A #9 poacher can be only as good as the midfield behind him. Especially #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.