Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sounds like he was 4th choice at best. Possibly 5th if the Rondon rumours are to be believed.

I think Ole prioritised PL experience so as to ensure a quick adaptation to the PL. I reckon the likes of Gaich were probably further down the list.
Makes sense right? Its a loan move, so you cant afford to bed him in for next season.

Ranchero

I think this is a great signing . Low risk, easy to move on if it doesn’t work out, or we find better, and a reasonable chance he succeeds. Didn’t expect anyone to join the squad and then get a couple more injuries in the next game. So a loan win for me.
Absolutely. If he doesn't do it, he is gone in a few months. Having said that, Manchester United Football Club should not be involved in undignified scramblings to find someone at the last minute. I mean we knew there was a vacancy up front when Lukaku said he was off.

el3mel

Well it can't be helped I guess. He's really ours now. Oh well, best of luck to him and let's just hope he will prove us wrong and turn out well even if I am predicting the opposite but it's useless to moan now that he has become our player. Hopefully he does well here.

RedIan

The moaning on here is off the scale and so boring.. We have signed Bruno Fernandez the best player in Portugal and a cover striker in the January window. bloody great news. we still have a chance of top 4 if Bruno hits the ground running and pogba gets fit soon... optimism Reigns.

sglowrider

I'm probably mad but this may end up being a signing that surprises us . He may just do well. We got Sanchez and Falcao before who were underwhelming this might go the other way . Fingers crossed
Our Hollywood signs have not worked out too well. So lets try a different tack.

OverratedOpinion

The moaning on here is off the scale and so boring.. We have signed Bruno Fernandez the best player in Portugal and a cover striker in the January window. bloody great news. we still have a chance of top 4 if Bruno hits the ground running and pogba gets fit soon... optimism Reigns.
If we had of signed Haaland we would have had some on here moaning about him getting in the way of Greenwood's process or some nonsense. People will always find something to moan about.

Renegade

How is he even similiar to Lukaku? He's got pace, a good first touch and good dribbling technique and works hard to create space.
Sounds like you’re suggesting his actually better?

sglowrider

Absolutely. If he doesn't do it, he is gone in a few months. Having said that, Manchester United Football Club should not be involved in undignified scramblings to find someone at the last minute. I mean we knew there was a vacancy up front when Lukaku said he was off.
We fecked up on Haaland. So even in the upcoming Summer, we are on our Plan B.

Tiber

:lol: what a spectacular fall from grace, and a reality check for those who think project-Ole is our best way back to the top...

Jose attracted Zlatan and Pogba here. LVG convinced the likes of Di Maria, Falcao & Basti.... Ole failed to get Haarland (who played under him!) failed to get a 27 year old Norwegian United reject from Bournemouth... so settled for a 30 year old ex-Watford player from the Chinese league who shares his agent...to replace the 20 goal top flight 26 year old he sold in the summer!

But apparently we shouldn’t even dare to expect more...lest we be spoiled, or unbecoming of a true fan!

Welcome to Man Utd 2020.
And how did those work out?

RedTiger

Half mast
We really have. We got in a goal scoring mid and an epl ready striker to help with injury crisis. I would have but off your hand for that 2 weeks ago
This is probably the happiest I've been after a transfer window for a good few years now.

We entered the window needing an attacking midfielder and a back up striker... We've finished the window with both positions covered, how many times can we say that?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: what a spectacular fall from grace, and a reality check for those who think project-Ole is our best way back to the top....!

Jose attracted Zlatan and Pogba here. LVG convinced the likes of Di Maria, Falcao & Basti.... Ole failed to get Haarland (who played under him!) failed to get a 27 year old Norwegian United reject from Bournemouth... so settled for a 30 year old ex-Watford player from the Chinese league who shares his agent...to replace the 20 goal top flight 26 year old he sold in the summer!

But apparently we shouldn’t even dare to expect more!...lest we be spoiled, nay, unbecoming of a true fan!

Welcome to Man Utd 2020.
Not much point arguing the case here as you seem fully balls deep into the Ole Out/Everything Man Utd do is cr*p brigade

But United rejected Haalands stupidly low release clause that Raiola wanted inserted into the contract - it’s £68M

Hence why the bigger clubs like Us & Juventus rejected if and a feeder club like Dortmund accepted the deal

Plus i remember something IIRC that Raoila wanted a HUGE agents fee too?

Okey

We've had many transfers where people questioned the player's desire to play for United. Ighalo is a massive United fan, that much I can confirm with inside knowledge. Rejected Spurs and pretty much whoever else was going to ask once he heard we were interested. Going by those previous yardsticks, that should make this a good transfer under the terms right?

dasty

Ignore the moaning guys. Even in Bruno’s thread there were tonnes of idiots moaning about how he is not good enough or how any farmer can get his stats in the Portuguese League. This place is dumb like that.

sglowrider

Not much point arguing the case here as you seem fully balls deep into the Ole Out/Everything Man Utd do is cr*p brigade

But United rejected Haalands stupidly low release clause that Raiola wanted inserted into the contract - it’s £68M

Hence why the bigger clubs like Us & Juventus rejected if and a feeder club like Dortmund accepted the deal

Plus i remember something IIRC that Raoila wanted a HUGE agents fee too?
This.

Ole Out brigade are so blinded by their hatred they can't see straight anymore.

GoldanoGraham

I’m happy with this.....this is a low cost short term fix - big strong forward, something we don’t currently have so gives a different option - this doesn’t affect long term plans and we’ve got someone that has had PL experience and done ok - also, very importantly he is a Utd fan so will give 110% every time he is asked - something that many of our current players haven’t done this season.

might not be the big name some were hoping for but let’s not forget all the big names, bar Zlatan, that we have signed in recent times have all been shite for us.

if you’d told me 5 days ago that we would have Bruno and Ighalo by the end of the window I’d have bitten your hand off - I fully expected nothing!

Beggars can’t be choosers!

Xeno

Taking heart from the fact Haaland was first choice and so after missing we have brought in a temp solution whilst we wait for another top player rather than spunking £30-40m on our second or third choice.
If he gets us three points we otherwise would have dropped, it’s worth the loan fee.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Follow follow follow
Eddy Woodward has bought Ighalo
He’s way better than you
And a red through and through
And he’s got the chinese flue
Ighalo!
(ighalo!)
Is wonderful!
(is wonderful)
Ighalo is wonderful!
He's eaten rats, bats and hedgehogs
Ighalo is wonderful!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Our Hollywood signs have not worked out too well. So lets try a different tack.
Our Hollywood signings didn’t work out because they didn’t work out. Not because they were or weren’t sufficiently “Hollywood”... We can’t not sign high profile players anymore, just because some of them didn’t work! (and many would say the same applies to managers)... by that logic we’d never have bought Ronaldo or Rooney after Veron flopped?... or indeed anyone after Gary Birtles!

The unfortunate reasoning behind this kind of excuse making attitude, is that Ole simply isn’t a remotely attractive notion for big players...the kind of players we’ll eventually need to attract at least a few of. But are for some reason pretending we won’t? Or that that we somehow will be able to, against all current evidence...

I mean, even the big Norwegian players aren’t convinced by him. Even when they’ve played for him! Hence why we’re scraping the barrel for a 30 year old from the fecking Chinese league who shares his agent, and are being told to clap and dance and be grateful for it, because apparently that’s all we deserve now!

Dance little bitches, dance!!! That’s it!! La di la do la la... lap it up!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Feck it, we needed a back up and were stuck trying to bring someone in during a notoriously difficult window. No, he's not a long-term option but past mistakes led us to this or Josh King, so he'll do.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Quarantine period + travel ban from China + worsening virus situation: he could be available to play from around late March/early April onwards.

Oh sweet Jesus. That stadium still ain’t pulling anyone in.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Bruno and Ighalo is feckin' excellent business. Can. Not. Wait. To see Bruno in that shirt tomorrow! Ighalo is a welcome addition - lots of people in the game say only good things about him and he's a huge United fan with a terrific work rate. Excellent business.

always_hoping

:lol: what a spectacular fall from grace, and a reality check for those who think project-Ole is our best way back to the top...

But apparently we shouldn’t even dare to expect more...lest we be spoiled, or unbecoming of a true fan!

Welcome to Man Utd 2020.
15 goals he got 45 appearances last season for United. Its 2020 under Woodward who was keen to sign Ighalo when LVG was manager.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Okay, friend of mine who is a massive Watford fan talking about Ighalo used a word to describe him joining United: "Unbelievable."

"He was brilliant for Watford but not sure he is United quality. I'd have gone all out for Cavani or Mertens. Even Giroud. Watford fans were sad to see him go when he did. We got £30m for him and he went for big wages. I'd have him back at Watford, yes. Good enough for us. Villa turned him down, apparently.
"It is Plan Y. Smacks of a bit of panic."
Your friends knows that Cavani doesn't want to come to England, Chelsea would never sell us Giroud, and Chelsea tried to sign Mertens and was rejected, yes? No chance in hell we could get him on a loan to buy deal anyway.

We aren't picking up a player to be a permanent fixture in this side. It's a temporary solution to an injury problem. If he does really well then who knows? But he isn't who we plan to go into next season with.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Weirdly, I’m actually not... well, not entirely...

I just find this particular transfer absolutely hilarious.... and subsequently the desperation to pretend it isn’t somehow super sonically bat shit mental, genuinely tickes me.

I mean, come on now! Think about it?.... it’s right up there with the silliest of them really, isn’t it?

A 30 yo from the Chinese League! FML... as they say.

OverratedOpinion

Our Hollywood signings didn’t work out because they didn’t work out. Not because they were or weren’t sufficiently “Hollywood”... We can’t not sign high profile players anymore, just because some of them didn’t work! (and many would say the same applies to managers)... by that logic we’d never have bought Ronaldo or Rooney after Veron flopped?... or indeed anyone after Gary Birtles!

The unfortunate reasoning behind this kind of excuse making attitude, is that Ole simply isn’t a remotely attractive notion for big players...the kind of players we’ll eventually need to attract at least a few of. But are for some reason pretending we won’t? Or that that we will be able to, against all current evidence..:

I mean, eveb the big Norwegian players aren’t convinced by him. Even when they’ve played for him! Hence why we’re scraping the barrel for a 30 year old from the fecking Chinese league who shares his agent, and are being told to clap and dance and be grateful for it, because apparently that’s all we deserve now!

Dance little bitches, dance!!! That’s it!! La di la do la la... lap it up!
Jesus wept, all this 2 days after we signed the second highest profile player we have ever signed in the January window.

When Real Madrid needed backup and signed Faubert on loan did that mean that they had lost all appeal as a club?

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
I’m happy with this.....this is a low cost short term fix - big strong forward, something we don’t currently have so gives a different option - this doesn’t affect long term plans and we’ve got someone that has had PL experience and done ok - also, very importantly he is a Utd fan so will give 110% every time he is asked - something that many of our current players haven’t done this season.

might not be the big name some were hoping for but let’s not forget all the big names, bar Zlatan, that we have signed in recent times have all been shite for us.

if you’d told me 5 days ago that we would have Bruno and Ighalo by the end of the window I’d have bitten your hand off - I fully expected nothing!

Beggars can’t be choosers!
I agree, well said, we're hardly in a position to be fussy.

Marzo

Welcome to Man Utd 2020.
Yeah and how well did that all work out? Maybe a different and hungry approach is needed?

Geekie

So will Martial play on the left now because I believe he is a much better player there

Status
Not open for further replies.