Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Would really rather give Greenwood a go. This season is a write off anyway and at least we could develop our own player.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There's only one ighalo
Thank god there's one ighalo
Only one ighalo
There's only one ighalo

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A loan wouldn’t be a bad idea. I know the name ain’t the sexiest, but he’s actually done well in China and was top scorer in both the AFCON qualifiers and then the finals in 2019. Only really his final half season at Watford was bad, otherwise he has consistently scored.

Better this than spending silly money on either mediocrity or a player over the hill or injury prone.

Thiagoal

Would rather we play Mellor up front as a last resort than getting this donkey

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Jesus have Ole and Ed got some recent editions of Premier League Years on the telly or something? :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Chairman Steve

Wasnt Ighalo an LVG target once? I remember him having one really good season for Watford and then dropped off the radar completely and went to China.

At this point I wouldn’t be too averse to having him on a six month loan. We are a Martial injury away from being completely fecked and I don’t think Greenwood should shoulder the sole responsibility to get goals for us.

CM10

I can't remember a transfer window where we've been linked to so many average players. Arsenalification is complete.

Varun1

Why didn't we go for Bakambu since his club was ready to loan him?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can't remember a transfer window where we've been linked to so many average players. Arsenalification is complete.
It's an emergency loan to cover for Rashford. Chill out for a change.

flappyjay

Would really rather give Greenwood a go. This season is a write off anyway and at least we could develop our own player.
6 points from top 4 still in Europa. Just signed Bruno, Pogba and mctominay will be back some time next month but yeah, let's write it off. Also I don't how it's good for Greenwood to play 60 games in his 1st professional season.

Judas

Open to offers
Writing off this season in the position we are in is such a massive loser mentality. Get a striker in, get players back fit, who knows what could happen, it's not like the rest in the race for top 4 are consistent.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Iggy chop.

I just wanted to type that.

Would much prefer Rondon on the 30 year-old ex-PL striker now playing in China front.

SirScholes

He’ll come and infect the whole team with that virus going by our luck with transfers

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we're going to bring in someone who isn't particularly good, better a loan than a permanent signing.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can’t remember much of him from his time at Watford, but at this point practically any striker would be welcome.
Even if he doesnt end up being good, having someone to come off the bench to rest Martial+Greenwood would be fine.

AndyMUFC

Not much harm in a three month loan when we’re short on strikers. Makes more sense than spending a ton on King really.

Cathy Ferguson

No-brainer really. Rashford might not be back until the season is over. It is a serious injury.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
A loan wouldn’t be a bad idea. I know the name ain’t the sexiest, but he’s actually done well in China and was top scorer in both the AFCON qualifiers and then the finals in 2019. Only really his final half season at Watford was bad, otherwise he has consistently scored.

Better this than spending silly money on either mediocrity or a player over the hill or injury prone.
China league is shit. Who knows how he'll play when games are actually competitive again

Status
Not open for further replies.