Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nice try, it was 4 years ago, not 2, 4 years ago Rooney was playing for us, now he's playing for Derby in the Championship, players regress, that's life, especially when plying their trade at a lower level, there is no agenda bar yours, trying to act like him scoring more than Salah and Mahrez in a competition means he's good, that's so ridiculous as it offers no context like the quality of the teams they are in or the quality of the teams they are playing, if that was the case then why's nobody bothered with him for 3 years and he only became an option when us and Spurs ran out of options with a few hours to go.

You're a fool, I'm not contradicting an opinion, my opinion of a player can change over 4 years, and there is zero proof that he's a good short term option, and the biggest worry is that he'll score 3 or 4 and we'll make it permanent as that's the reactionary shit we do like how we ended up with a novice in charge. I'm not entangled in anything so quit trying to justify sucking off the clubs shite choices by trying to undercut me, that is desperate. The club is badly run, there's no debate on that unless you're fecking stupid so I don't need to show anything, I simply think this guy is a bum and a truly desperate move because we failed to get in any quality up front over the last 31 days.
Nice try? It's not my comparison, it's yours. :lol:

Coincidentally, Rooney is 4 years older than Ighalo, and if you'd look at their respective physiques, you'd guess it's more. As you said, it's life. Some players look after themselves, some don't. Ighalo, to most peoples eyes anyway, has clearly kept himself in shape. His performances outside of China clearly show that, agenda or not, he's still capable of playing at a higher level. To say a player is now trash JUST because he moved to China is just ignorant. Quality of teams they are in? Mahrez's team made it to the final. But that doesn't count, right? Only him playing in China counts. According to you, moving to Asia has made a player you viewed favourably terrible. Zero proves he's capable of being an asset? I've given plenty. You haven't
'Hes in China is all you have. You couldn't think of anything else so you started trying, and failing, to pick apart my own.

And you want to preach about context? Seriously? Shameless hypocrisy. No one bothered with him for 3 years because he's earning 300k a week. It's only the suspension of the Chinese league that's allowed us to make this more. You might call that 'context?'

The club is badly run. I'm not debating that, and no one would claim that unless they were 'fecking stupid.' But I'm disagreeing with your opinion on this particular subject therefore I'm the enemy. I must stand for everything you don't. Big fan of Ben Shapiro by any chance!? The fact you've come to this conclusion just shows how insular your bipolar views are. Incredible that you even think that. I mean, other than me literally writing I think Woody is doing a shit job (which I've done numerous times) what possible clues could you have?

What people who aren't 'fecking stupid' and don't have an agenda can do is judge a situation within context. They are capable of seeing nuance as opposed to a totalitarian view that says unless something fits perfectly within my line of reason it must be wrong.

Your opinion of the player has changed not because of what you've seen, but because of what you've decided this club is. You'd be lying if you said you'd watched even a minute of him live since he left the PL. But according to you, he's now trash. Based on nothing else other than him playing in China. Brilliant.

Trying to undercut you? I'll be honest, that doesn't even make sense. You're getting angry over this, probably because you can't find justification in it. Just chill out. I'm a fool, the player is trash, a bum, the league is 'trashbag.' The irony is largely we should share the same view about many things, but you're so predisposed in making everything fit into your neat little boxes that you just come across as hysterical and agenda driven. It's a little sad in all honesty.

He's a stop gap that has proven he can score in the PL. He's not the Messiah, he's not the answer to all our woes but in our CURRENT situation he's a sensible move.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Surprised how many have said this. Seriously, you don't remember him from Watford?

He (briefly) scored for fun in the Premier League a couple of years ago!
100%. My memory sucks though, so it's no surprise to me.

That's some relief at least, that he has PL experience.

Based Adnan

Some utter nonsense written in this thread. No doubt the majority of these people would have preferred us giving Haaland a release clause and his representatives a big cut of the future fee.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Some utter nonsense written in this thread. No doubt the majority of these people would have preferred us giving Haaland a release clause and his representatives a big cut of the future fee.
:lol: You don't let them off easy if so.

I remember Van Gaal wanted to sign him. Didn't happen and so when his next move was to China I was glad. Feels weird that we get him now because of that, but I guess it's a lot better than spending on a very old striker or use 50m on someone like King.

Wan

I hear dion Dublins contract is up for renewal with homes under the hammer, maybe tempt him back with a loan if it doesn't matter who it is we get?

Seriously though we do need a striker but this guy isn't the answer. I will happily be proven wrong but to leave it this late to make a move for him seems like the club is saving face, and when it doesn't go through, woody can say that at least we tried.
You make it sound as if Ighalo have retired 3 years back and all he does is scratch his backside all day long. A lot of good players have gone to the Chinese league or one of the Arab leagues because of money. He is only 30. Have played in the league before scoring lots of goals in his first season(not sure what happened in his 2nd season). 6 months loan as cover for Martial(and we might need him at LW more) is an ok deal for me. Lingard and Perreira can't play upfront. And if he works out, and we decided to make it permanent, I have no issues with that. But if Martial continue to blow hot and cold, we might need to get a much better striker in.

As Chelsea, Spurs and Barca(they are looking for striker cover) shown, it's not easy to get any players in in such a short period of time.

You can argue that we badly mismanage the situation by selling Lukaku(and a bunch of others) without getting anyone in as replacement. That I agree with.

But as a few others said previously I guess the club already decided to see how Haaland gets on at his previous club and if they get knocked out of the CL we would try to get him. He was the number one target. We had a good chance with Ole having being his ex manager at Molde. But the issues we have with regards to Pogba and Raiola, and the minimum release clause Raiola wanted in the contract(Haaland deal) meant that we backed out and lose him to Dortmund. As with any other players under Raiola you can be sure he will kick up a fuss in 2-3 years to get a move.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah and how well did that all work out? Maybe a different and hungry approach is needed?
You mean by bringing in inexperienced and incompetent people in a job just because they are man United fans or legends?

Status
Not open for further replies.