Odion Ighalo: Manchester United player on loan until the end of the season

Rafaeldagold

Think he’s actually pretty decent. Everyone saying 4th choice back up, I think he’s a bit more valuable to us than that. Not world class but an Excellent focal point, strikers instincts.

He should be starting a few games, a few as sub, but not totally on the periphery as 4th choice & that could go for next season too.

Member 39557

Nice to have a striker that generally stays within the width of the penalty box and is in the right area to get on the end of things.
On BT yesterday after the game, Ferdinand highlighted how the midfielders were using him as a focal point and making runs beyond him too. So far, he's looking like a very good bit of business.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

How can you be a United fan and not want Ighalo to bang?

Pughnichi

Such a nice humble guy by the sounds of it. Just a likeable personality and great to have around the squad. If only we had a few more Ighalo’s.

the squad is getting better with regard to character and personalities. James, Maguire, WanBissaka and Bruno all come across driven and grounded. Likeable. It’s great to see the prima donnas being shifted out

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I honestly would make him as our main striker for the rest of season.

Yakuza_devils

Ighalo had to take a pay cut to join us. It is not fair to him. The club should compensate him now that it proves he is a very good addition to the squad.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ighalo had to take a pay cut to join us. It is not fair to him. The club should compensate him now that it proves he is a very good addition to the squad.
Of course, it is. No one forced him to sign the contract.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I think the fact he has no pressure at all t succeed here means he will be able to exceed any expectations because the bar is so low. Happy for him and hope he bags a few more goals before the seasons end.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Poor guy. How's he gonna cope with a measly £100k a week? Life is cruel.

predator

Youth NITK
We were crying out for a signing like him and it was headbangingly obvious to me for ages, hence why I haven't felt the need to post lately.

Even with everyone fit he is our only out and out striker and I can only pray that Ole doesn't believe that Rashford and Martial are capable of carrying the burden that is scoring goals for a club like United, by themselves.

Ighalo, may be a quick fix, but I would be in favour of keeping him and if that doesn't work out then definitely replace him with a like for like central striker who has no interest in anything other than scoring.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Such an intelligent signing.

Ole and the club deserve massive credit for this. He will (and has) make a massive difference, cost us barely anything and got people smiling.

MuranoLover

Lovely signing, lovely scenes, lets bang some goals tomorrow!

He seems very concentrate in front of the goal - what is his success rate at taking penalties?

ReddBalls

Lovely signing, lovely scenes, lets bang some goals tomorrow!

He seems very concentrate in front of the goal - what is his success rate at taking penalties?
Why would you want him on penalties? We have Bruno.

matt10000

There are other perks to playing for Man Utd. I doubt he will be out of pocket in the long run.

vidic blood & sand

Doing ok so far.
No way we'll make the deal permanent at the end of the season, because we'll be looking to sign a main striker, and that won't guarantee games for Ighalo next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

justboy68

This guy is damn good to have as a sub. I'd seriously look at keeping him around if it wouldn't cost much.

mu4c_20le

Really clever from him to keep possession instead of going for glory. Experience.

Member 90887

His hold up play is what got us through the last minutes.

He has been an excellent signing.

OverratedOpinion

Played for a few minutes in the most pressure intensive moment in a Manchester Derby and did the following.

• Back heel passes
  • A touch that Berbatov would be proud of
  • Elastico
Confidence definitely isn't an issue :lol:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
i hate this signing. But not for the reasons you might think.

Ighalo has exceeded expectations. So far so good.

But he's just so bloody happy and proud to be here, it's like when we let him go when the season ends, it'll be like punching a 6 month old puppy that loves you to the moon and back in the face with a knife. I can't do it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Was so pleased he could take balls down and have them stick like he did.

He's proving some wrong as he actually looks a player, and a rounded one at that.

He's a crucial component in whatever we do from now until the end of the season.

ManUnitedCanuck

His hold up play was great at end of City match...we haven’t had a striker like that in a bit (maybe Ibra).

He’s been better than I anticipated, and quite impressed. Say keep him on as an option for next season.