Odion Ighalo: Manchester United player on loan until the end of the season

Fooza

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Odion is an experienced player. He will come in and give us an option of a different type of centre-forward for the short spell he’s staying with us.

“A great lad and very professional, he will make the most of his time here.”

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We have signed 2 actual living footballers in as many days.

The world has gone mad.

Bratt

Don’t know this lad at all, but I’ll say it’s a good deal.
Top four, here we come!

Irrational.

Smart move considering the circumstances and the lack of options available at such short notice. I think he'll do just fine for the time he's here.

An experienced head with PL experience, hopefully will bang a few in too, until we find someone more suitable in the summer. We can't really lose, unless we sign him up on a permanent deal after a decent run like we did with Ole.

Fooza

Option to buy is still on the cards, Retweeted by Fabrizio

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Snubbed Tottenham to come to us.
We. Are. Massive.

Chairman Steve

Can‘t imagine how over the moon you must feel when your boyhood team come calling for you. I hope he grabs this opportunity and I’d love to see him do well.

We‘ve had marquee names who’ve come here and dazzled us with their status but failed to deliver or had ulterior motives to coming here or just didn’t want to be here in the first place... so here’s hoping a low key name who gives a feck, brings what they couldn’t.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He’s going to give absolutely everything which will be a huge bonus.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Let’s get a poll: Martial, Greenwood, Ighalo or other to score most from now until the end of the season.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I liked Ighalo during his time at Watford. Although it seemed like his head was turned by the interest that was being drummed up in him. Finished top scorer at the AFCON and is a 1in2 striker at international level. Not much too be mad about here considering his age, experience and the fact it is a loan. If he does well enough too earn a permanent deal at the end of it then we can be happy, if not, then we can let him go.

He has said in 2016 that this was his dream move. He now has a shot, work your arse off, score some goals and earn it for real.

davidmichael

If memory serves me right weren’t we interested in Ighalo when LVG was in charge ? Didn’t he have a really good half season and there was reports of us being in for him for £40-£50 million ?

I don’t remember a lot about other players/teams from back then but being half Nigerian myself I do know that he’s good at international level and having played well at Premier League level before it’s a low risk but potentially high reward short term signing.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I've got a funny feeling this guy will go on to be our best signing post-Fergie...

Obvious you can mock me now, but I remember him at Watford, and I liked what he did there and also think that he will connect immediately with Solskjaer's footy and also with Solskjaer in terms of the type of CF that Solskjaer both played with and was.

I really think this is gonna end up being a really, really important signing for Man Utd getting back on the right track.

You can quote me on this, let's 'ave it. Welcome to Manchester, Ighalo.

p.s and may I be the first to name our forward line...

...wait for it...

...it's a good one...

IGGY AND THE STOOGES!

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Just watched a video of Bruno Fernandes's best passes and I can envisage Ighalo getting more out of them than Martial. I hope this signing spurs Martial on, because, while I don't think Ighalo is going to be the player that ousts Martial from the team, I wouldn't be surprised if he highlights Martial's flaws and shows Ole the type of striker we need.

It's good to have options though.

Fts 74

Difficult to get deals done in January especially for real quality strikers so I think this is an excellent move.

No lose situation really, he will be in dreamland at the moment and I'm sure he'll give absolutely everything as he'll be living the dream.

Gives us another option up front which we desperately need I reckon he'll have no problem breaking a nose for us!

sp_107

"There has been speculation from Spain and Italy but I've played there and now want to play in England," he told The Sun back in 2016, per IBTimes.

"I don't think I will be moving but I'm not sure I'd say no if United called. They were my team growing up. I loved watching Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke on TV. They were my idols and playing at Old Trafford has always been a dream.

==hopefully he will be motivated enough to score few important goals in coming months.
==

Irrational.

Another good thing about our signings this winter are that both players are passionate about joining the club. That makes all the difference in the world, attitude is everything.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There’s been an outstanding lack of awareness in the transfer forum today. We’ve had people asking why didn’t we go for the China-based forward that Barcelona were in for and had second thoughts on, not realising that this time last year Barca were after Ighalo for a backup role, the same reason we want him now, and he turned them down wanting to be first choice elsewhere. Ighalo’s turned down Spurs too this window and has only been willing to come back to join United specifically. A hungry, motivated Ighalo, whose China wages have set him and his family for life, and who can now focus on football for his final few good years, will be a bigger asset than the half-arsed Lukaku was.

arthurka

There’s been an outstanding lack of awareness in the transfer forum today. We’ve had people asking why didn’t we go for the China-based forward that Barcelona were in for and had second thoughts on, not realising that this time last year Barca were after Ighalo for a backup role, the same reason we want him now, and he turned them down wanting to be first choice elsewhere. Ighalo’s turned down Spurs too this window and has only been willing to come back to join United specifically. A hungry, motivated Ighalo, whose China wages have set him and his family for life, and who can now focus on football for his final few good years, will be a bigger asset than the half-arsed Lukaku was.
Absolutely true..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm all in. Lolololololo Odion Ighalo... :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
What is the worst that can come from this? The media says it is desperation, but Ighalo can prove everyone wrong because the expectation is so low on him :lol:. It would not have been a signing I would have agreed to, but considering we are in the Europa league, top four trophy and fa cup, having squad depth will benefit us.