Odsonne Edouard

poleglass red

There will be a concern of where he plays, the SPL isn't a top league. I think those concerns are valid. But certain players you see, you can tell they are destined for the big time. He has the strength, pace needed, he can score but just as important he creates as well. What I like is when he first came to Celtic , he was good, very good in fact hence they broke their transfer fee record on him. But he's gotten even better this season. Always a good sign to see young players improve, and I think in a better league that improvement would continue.

Mark Pawelek

I'm a bit concerned with this hype train going off the rails and into orbit. He game isn't perfect
  • dubious first touch and control,
  • dispossessed too easily,
  • doesn't ever tackle,
  • fouls too often

Ander herrera the warrior

Moussa Dembele looks much better to me. If Ole still in charge at the end of the season I think we would go for Dembele as he looks more like the striker who would break his tooth to score a goal.

poleglass red

I'm a bit concerned with this hype train going off the rails and into orbit. He game isn't perfect
  • doesn't ever tackle,
  • fouls too often
he doesn't tackle but fouls too often, isn't that a contradiction. Maybe you mean his tackling is poor. I've no issue with it to be honest, I've no issue with his pressing either. His first touch at times can be a bit off. The easily dispossessed issue, that applied certainly when he first came. The SPL is a very physical league, he's got more used to it now though and can hold his own. I don't think people are getting carried away with the hype, they see a player who will be available for a good price. Depending on who you listen to on here anywhere from 25 to 35 million. In today's market, that great value for a young player who is constantly improving

pascell

he doesn't tackle but fouls too often, isn't that a contradiction. Maybe you mean his tackling is poor. I've no issue with it to be honest, I've no issue with his pressing either. His first touch at times can be a bit off. The easily dispossessed issue, that applied certainly when he first came. The SPL is a very physical league, he's got more used to it now though and can hold his own. I don't think people are getting carried away with the hype, they see a player who will be available for a good price. Depending on who you listen to on here anywhere from 25 to 35 million. In today's market, that great value for a young player who is constantly improving
The bolder part made me think of Scholes, doesn't tackle because he can't, he just hacks them down :lol:

poleglass red

Moussa Dembele looks much better to me. If Ole still in charge at the end of the season I think we would go for Dembele as he looks more like the striker who would break his tooth to score a goal.
good player as well, would cost a bit more.I'd say just on their Celtic form alone. Edouard this season has impressed me more than Dembele's 1st season at Celtic which was his best. Either or would be good additions and fit the profile of what Ole is looking for. I've a feeling, of the two that Dembele would be the one Ole would target. Nothing to back that up, just a hunch mind.

Fingeredmouse

• doesn't ever tackle,
  • fouls too often
Right. You're dubious. I'm now utterly sold on him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's another in the van Dijk, Dembele, Wanyama mould that is clearly a class above our league and is destined to go on to bigger and better things. I get there's always a reluctance to properly rate players in Scotland because the quality of the league isn't the greatest but this guy is the real deal.
Half the guys I work with are Celtic fans and they think he is the best thing to happen to the club for decades - he is banging the goals in for them, looks class, and is going to make the club a very tidy profit as the fans know he will be sold in the summer.
On the times I've watched Celtic he always seems to be the best player on the pitch, and he gets some real treatment from opposition defenders so managers know how much of a threat he carries. He would walk into to most PL sides below City.
If we are going to do a re-build without going 'big-big' on player purchases then this guy has to be the answer to our forward line.
Agree with these. Would love to see us add Odouard this summer. Would be a very exciting signing.

Dante

Average bang
I caught the last 30 minutes of the Celtic match (before the Spurs game) and Edouard impressed me.

I've never heard of him before and I had no expectations about any player going in. But his general play and technicality stood out.

GledTheRed

This guy should be on the shopping list this Summer.

Man of the match - Odsonne Edouard
The young French striker is a class act who seems to thrive alongside Griffiths. Celtic fans will be desperate to retain him beyond the summer as he has everything.

His goal return is strong but it's Edouard's ability to be calm, to bring others into play that's equally impressive.

He is strong, always in full control of the ball and more often than not picks the right option. An absolute nightmare for any defender and when you consider his youth, this player has much room to get better.

He netted again today and produced another impressive display that went a long way to delivering another league win.

Chairman Steve

I like the look of him. Transfermarkt says he can play right wing too... Not that we should put him there but I’d welcome any player who is able to play this elusive position that the club seem to have a blind spot for.

DVG7

I like the look of him. Transfermarkt says he can play right wing too... Not that we should put him there but I’d welcome any player who is able to play this elusive position that the club seem to have a blind spot for.
not sure why transfermarkt says that but he is a number 9 and nothing else.

Mark Pawelek

Depending on who you listen to on here anywhere from 25 to 35 million. In today's market, that great value for a young player who is constantly improving
I'm not against him. I basically trust the scouts. I'm just taking the Devils Advocate role to pour a little cold water on the hype. His injury record doesn't worry me. It's mostly last season and nothing very serious. Well maybe: 2 knee injuries cost him 37 days (10 missed matches) in total. Those worry a little.

We're obviously looking for a value forward: Edouard, David, or Gaich, ... level. Young, coming from a secondary league.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
He is a great finisher very composed in front of goal, depending on how much he cost would be an absolutely fantastic addition to the squad.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Looked excellent again last night. Unlucky not to score on a few occasions and came up with the assist for Celtic to salvage a point (from 4:10). It's not on the video but he did well to create another chance right at the death too.

His attitude and all-around game look very impressive. I hope we're monitoring him as I fancy him to take the step up to a bigger league with ease.