Off to Dubai - 2019 edition

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm interested in what benefits warm weather training actually give you when you go home to play in Manchester freezing your balls off.

Fitness ? Or is it just an excuse for a midseason holiday.

Handré1990

I'm interested in what benefits warm weather training actually give you when you go home to play in Manchester freezing your balls off.

Some team building maybe? Away from their normal routine.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Individual mental boost, team camaraderie. Cold weather usually increases likelihood of muscle issues (so the opposite (warm weather) decreases that likelihood).

And gives them a chance to work on new goal celebrations.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Some team building maybe? Away from their normal routine.
Individual mental boost, team camaraderie. Cold weather usually increases likelihood of muscle issues (so the opposite (warm weather) decreases that likelihood).

And gives them a chance to work on new goal celebrations.
I suppose they deserve a holiday after putting up with Jose for 2 and a half years.

BigBebe

I think that this has come at a good time for us. The players will be elated but knackered but it is much easier to get up for proper training when you've got the sun on your back.

Also, it gives Ole and his staff, a chance to get some proper time with the team. I guess they will take some of the youngsters as well.

All good.

reddevil80

I would say a huge reward for their adapting to OGS' new regime and essential team building.

Patrick08

You should try have a sun bath once if you get a chance. It's addictive.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Few teams in Dubai... Celtic hibs n Aberdeen aswell

reddevil80

Yeah it seems like a good idea i was just wondering on the fitness benefit side of things to be honest.
I might even go as far as to assume that because of the Dubai attitude to alcohol, training in that heat and humidity, your body has full range of movement which can expose any sort of muscle or tissue damage but has the speedy recovery time you can't get back here in old blighty. Your lung capacity can increase when working hard in that atmosphere which would be a good thing for our boys. Harder working lungs creates more oxygen which will speed muscle recovery too.

Gopher Brown

I might even go as far as to assume that because of the Dubai attitude to alcohol, training in that heat and humidity, your body has full range of movement which can expose any sort of muscle or tissue damage but has the speedy recovery time you can't get back here in old blighty. Your lung capacity can increase when working hard in that atmosphere which would be a good thing for our boys. Harder working lungs creates more oxygen which will speed muscle recovery too.
What’s alcohol got to do with it? Alcohol is readily available in hotels in Dubai.

Red Stone

What a dreadful existence for Ole lounging around at that hotel as United manager when he could be home in Molde for the winter.

reddevil80

What’s alcohol got to do with it? Alcohol is readily available in hotels in Dubai.
It's closely monitored and any disrespect shown, specifically as a direct result of alcohol is punished. Much like in SAF's days is my point regarding alcohol.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Winters can get pretty grey and depressing. A quick getaway to a warm and sunny location can do wonders for your mentality.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is it possible to achieve all that in 4 days? I think its more about team bonding and Ole getting his tactical work across.

RedDevilRoshi

Players that were seen boarding the flight were the following:

Goalkeeper: De Gea, Grant;

Defenders: Bailly, Shaw, Lindelof, Jones, Dalot, Young, Smalling, Valencia;

Midfielders: Herrera, Pereira, Garner, Matic, McTominay, Gomes, Fellaini, Mata, Lingard;

Attackers: Sanchez, Greenwood, Chong, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku.

Fred, Marcos Rojo, Matteo Darmian, Sergio Romero, Paul Pogba were not spotted by the MEN photographers. It is understood Pogba may already be in Dubai. The others could travel separately.

Chairman Steve

I'd love to see the staff of Hibernian and Aberdeen say they're going to Dubai for 'warm weather training' with completely straight faces.

red4ever 79

Lindelof looks like he is going on a school trip with that backpack on, either that or he has smuggled his missus in there