OFFICIAL: Ibrahimovic leaves Man Utd | Club confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvet Revolver

Farewell Zlatan. Had his moments. Proved his critics wrong. Shame it ended in the form of an injury, deserved better. A player who arguably divided opinions, but in the end, he did what he wanted. This was a really small chapter in annals of United history.

Thanks for the league cup!

RedDevilRoshi

Thank you for the short term
memories Zlatan. Pity it ended the way it did with that horrific injury. A player of his quality and confidence deserved better.

Also loved the chant. I’m sure it will get sung in the future.

BaneIsPain

Thanks zlatan. He did a great job for his age as a striker last season. A cult football hero

Gazza

Glad we got to see him play for us. That first game at OT, with Pogba back and Ibra scoring 2 goals vs Southampton (sign of things to come at Wembley) and it felt like an instant remedy to the previous three seasons.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Our most iconic footballer since Eric.

I'll tune in for his MLS games. I think he'll be a big hit providing he stays fit. I saw Beckham play for LA a couple of times and he was obviously superior to everyone else on the field. I think Zlatan will shine.

Thanks for the memories.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Slightly sad that we didn’t get to see him more this season. But wish him all the best. He was fantastic for us in that first season and he must be such an influence in the dressing room. His interviews are always class.

Vernon Philander

An absolute hero of mine. Priveleged too see him wear our red and have such a fantastic season last year with us. Proved class was permanent. #foreverred

I wonder what his wage will be in the US in comparison to here? Either way, helps the club that he's off the books earlier than expected.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Offload the deadwood (it's been nice knowing you) if this means we can get rid of more players whom are surplus to requirements. Then so be it.

Bring in players who will win elite trophies.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Did a great job here, wish we had him when he was in his prime. Glad he has been part of Uniteds history.

Social Madworks

I wonder, if he is such a good leader, and in such good relationship with Pogba, when didn't he "knock some sense" into Pogba since Pogba has been so immature like some here said?

Last edited by a moderator:

Micky Targaryen

Good luck Zlatan and thank you for the trophies. Had a Larsson-ish spell with us and it was a real privilege seeing him play in a United shirt. Surreal stuff.

Ibnu Ramli

Legend
Should've tried horse placenta.

Btw, I really think if we sign injury-prone or aging players there should be a clause where we can deduct their salary to pay for alternative therapy, if the need arises.

Just my 2 cents.

IRELANDUNITED

Not relevant at all to the point I'm trying to make. Evra will be remembered fondly by most too, doesn't mean I want him playing professionally for United again.
You're Norwegian, I get it. you don't like Zlatan

Ashley R1+O

Absolutely phenomenal amount of goals and a total miracle he was able to turn on the numbers last season considering how late he came to the Premier League. I admit I didn't really enjoy watching him play and I have never really liked him much as a personality but you can't deny the true class and the true power of just what that achievement was personally for him and for him to integrate with a club of such prestige as ours.

Fare the well!

Red_Legion

Wow, he took United forming a women's team a bit too personally.

But in all seriousness I think no one outside of Rashford is gonna come out of the post Fergie era smelling like roses. Who knows how long till we get back to our former glory but right now this club is a black hole of talent and the only players that are able to resist getting pulled in are players with enough sheer natural ability that they end up looking at least average....at best.

Golden Nugget

It was a pleasure having him at United even if it was a few years too late. A true character, a true fighter and a brilliant player. Thanks for the League cup Zlatan

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That's a sneaky #foreverred because The Swedish national team shirt is red.
Or... is it? I forgot actually :lol:
Yellow? Orange? Polka-dot?

Best of luck, Zlatan!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Signed for a season, scored 28 goals by March, injured, won 2 trophies. Next season he was injured and completely useless when played.

Overall very good signing. Glad he is going to MLS and play for few season, his career shouldn't end with a injury.

GM K

What an absolute beast!!

I will miss him. Zlatan was made for United. It's a pity he came in so late in his career.

Good luck at L.A. Ibracadabra. Go and finish your career in true Ibra fashion.

Sing you a song

There goes the one and only character and true leader in our squad.last year he was the focal point of our team in every way an inspiration to the youngsters and the one player who seemed to be on the same wave length as Pogba and brought the best out of him.
His after match interviews we'r just brilliant ( far more entertaining than the match in most cases ).
Reminded me so much of Eric.A shame we didn't have him in his best years but this season his sheer presence and personality has been a major miss.
Good luck to him at least we saw him score goals and win things in our shirt.
We desperately need some character brought into the team someone with true leadership skill we are rudderless on the pitch

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's a shame it's finished how it did but will never forget the hat trick v St Ettienne, the noise from the Stretford end was awesome when that penalty went in. Brilliant player and true character.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He succeeded were many big names failed ie come to the EPL at a rather old age and as a striker and still do well.

BenjaminP

I really wished we would win PL + CL while Zlatan was here. Seems we are still years behind.

Kostov

Farewell big man! I never was overly fond of his personality until he joined, then I realized his charisma and quality. Shame we had him for so little time. A Manchester United player from top to bottom.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Absolutley ridiculous the club resigned him in the summer. What a total waste of money.

He was good in his first season, should have left it at that. Can't say I will miss him.

Absolutley ridiculous the club resigned him in the summer. What a total waste of money.
He rushed back, seems lions do recover like humans.
Was a great stop gap solution until Lukaku became available and you can’t blame the club/Mourinho for trying to do the right thing and get another half season out of him. Especially when his recovery seemed to be going so well. The lower salary he was given for the extension is nothing for a club like United.

Eddy_JukeZ

A damn shame he came to us to so late.

He was our best player last season IMO. He was excellent up to the league cup final, but the fatigue set in after that. I don't think Jose managed him as best as he could have.

All the best though.

Will definitely try to watch him live when the Galaxy visit the Fire.

Lowkey

How can you not miss this man??? If our squad had 20% of his mentality we would be so much stronger. You really think Zlatan would have lost to Sevilla? Good one. Only regret is we did not buy him 3-5 years ago. An absolute tank and a figurehead that we desperately need at the club. He is the only one that the pre-madonnas and the new generation of talented, overpaid players like Pogba could not look down on. His injury last year was a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.