OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho is Manchester United manager | Megathread closed, start new Mourinho threads

How do feel about José Mourinho's appointment as Man Utd manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nix

Feck me, the fact that Moyes was out of his depth does not mitigate the job he did here. LVG might have been a stubborn so-and-so, but he at least had the confidence and self belief that's essential for a top level manager. Moyes wilted and never gave the impression that he was in control.

Man-United

Lolz.. Just because everyone is getting all orgasmic about the "New House" comment, now we have added that to title.
Taking the Mou fanfare to a new level.
Every thread title these days on the caf are changed for some reason.

stevoc

That is weird, I can atleast understand loyalty to Van Gaal because the man has his charisma, Moyes on the other hand has the charisma of a wet tissue paper.
I think thats a little harsh on wet tissue paper.

Seriously though thats part of the reason Moyes is still defended, pity. Some people still have this idea in their heads of the poor, hard working, honest chap who tried his best and was just out of his depth. So they feel sorry for him.

The other reason in my opinion is some got so wrapped up in the deluded idea that he was somehow Fergie Mk2 and defended him so much during that season, that they still defend him and try to make out he wasn't actually that bad just a victim of circumstance and an over the hill squad. Because to admit he was absolutely atrocious at United is to also admit they were laughably wrong about Moyes.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Seriously though thats part of the reason Moyes is still defended, pity. Some people still have this idea in their heads of the poor, hard working, honest chap who tried his best and was just out of his depth. So they feel sorry for him.
The absolutely humongous pay-off he probably got due to the ridiculous contract he was given should be where all sympathy ends. He could probably never take a wage again and still live a lifestyle most could only dream of.

Also, when he recently said that if he took the United job again he would do nothing different, that was it for me. I'd actually have held him in high regard if he left and said "It was my fault. I made a bollocks of it. I wasn't prepared for how much was really at stake." or words to that effect, but to state pretty much that everything he did was right is quite astounding.

RedDevil@84

The absolutely humongous pay-off he probably got due to the ridiculous contract he was given should be where all sympathy ends. He could probably never take a wage again and still live a lifestyle most could only dream of.

Also, when he recently said that if he took the United job again he would do nothing different, that was it for me. I'd actually have held him in high regard if he left and said "It was my fault. I made a bollocks of it. I wasn't prepared for how much was really at stake." or words to that effect, but to state pretty much that everything he did was right is quite astounding.
That is bad PR, if he wants to continue in the field of management. You can't say I was out of depth and expect another job.

Oneunited26

I think thats a little harsh on wet tissue paper.

The other reason in my opinion is some got so wrapped up in the deluded idea that he was somehow Fergie Mk2 and defended him so much during that season, that they still defend him and try to make out he wasn't actually that bad just a victim of circumstance and an over the hill squad. Because to admit he was absolutely atrocious at United is to also admit they were laughably wrong about Moyes.
The only pity I see, is? us fans having to put up with the idiot who took off for a long holiday after just getting the job, and when we were under way he went from one extreme joke after another with just fellaini signed. Then there was VG, who took forever like Moyes assess the squad, then it took us forever once again to get our transfers in order and we signed a bunch of players before september 1st, we learnt from our mistakes last year but again sold to many with no enough to cover our bearings. With Mourinho, the euro's have not even started which I find the toughest summers to get anything done with internationals about to happen, and jose already may have tied up zlaten and possibly Bailly. Jose identifies our 2 weakest area's and he has strengthened them, if we can get them all done. This is what a manager is supposed to do, identify our weakest area's and strengthen them, we may not have had this kind of management in nearly a decade where he strengthened area's that needed strengthening, its common sense to some managers

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That is bad PR, if he wants to continue in the field of management. You can't say I was out of depth and expect another job.
Perhaps, but he doesn't have to say he was out of his depth, just that he did things wrong. I don't see admitting to mistakes as bad PR. The whole world saw the job he did at United. To say he would do it all again the same way it surely just as much as a deterrent to future employers? They'll think he is deluded and unable to adapt. For me, he should have shown he has learned something from the United failure, and not think everything went swimmingly.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Going to Sociedad and flopping was worse PR

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Just going to leave this here:

It all depends on personal taste, but for me this is infinitely better to watch than any possession style of football. Fantastic.

Stactix

The thing that's driving me up the wall, is Utd fans defending Mourinho about everything. You can't say anything negative or have any doubts without getting slated. Its pretty pathetic.
Little bit like having doubts on our attack this season in preseason after the San Jose Earthquakes? game I got slated to hell on twitter:(

Some of his evident weaknesses appear to have became his best assets since he became manager.

Also, isn't it just a tad early to be talking about legacy? Not even preseason yet and legacy this legacy that.

I've seen fans defend that PSG game where they got knocked out at home to 10 men psg.. seriously?
Or fans making him out to be some youth utilisation mastermind? He's certainly not as bad as made out but come on!

PS: I'm over the moon hes our manager!

stevoc

Perhaps, but he doesn't have to say he was out of his depth, just that he did things wrong. I don't see admitting to mistakes as bad PR. The whole world saw the job he did at United. To say he would do it all again the same way it surely just as much as a deterrent to future employers? They'll think he is deluded and unable to adapt. For me, he should have shown he has learned something from the United failure, and not think everything went swimmingly.
Definitely shows a man either as you say deluded about his own capabilities or one too proud to admit mistakes and learn from them.

I understand the thinking that he can't admit he was completely out of his depth for fear of limiting future job opportunities. But to say he would do everything exactly the same if given a second chance with the benefit of hindsight in how that worked out the first time round is downright bizarre.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The thing that's driving me up the wall, is Utd fans defending Mourinho about everything. You can't say anything negative or have any doubts without getting slated. Its pretty pathetic.
Little bit like having doubts on our attack this season in preseason after the San Jose Earthquakes? game I got slated to hell on twitter:(

Some of his evident weaknesses appear to have became his best assets since he became manager.

Also, isn't it just a tad early to be talking about legacy? Not even preseason yet and legacy this legacy that.

I've seen fans defend that PSG game where they got knocked out at home to 10 men psg.. seriously?
Or fans making him out to be some youth utilisation mastermind? He's certainly not as bad as made out but come on!

PS: I'm over the moon hes our manager!
This whole thread has turned into an OTT love affair for Mourinho.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why hasn't there been a proper news conference yet? Are we waiting for Jose to have Zlatan and maybe Bailly by his side?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Why hasn't there been a proper news conference yet? Are we waiting for Jose to have Zlatan and maybe Bailly by his side?
I think Mourinho's first press conference is set for the first week of July.

stevoc

Might be the case that he can't do anything official until his Chelsea contract runs out or something like that. I doubt it but who knows.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

It all depends on personal taste, but for me this is infinitely better to watch than any possession style of football. Fantastic.
This is exactly the type of football I want. Just pure sweaty pace, and just attack the shit out of them. I'm so excited.

Martial to match Ronaldo's speed for our break.
Zlatan to be our Benzema, a much better version.
Just need to complete that with some pace on the right, Rashford could do that but I'd be totally for buying a new right wing to fit into Mourinho's system.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds

It also depends on the players. Don't think it's fair to expect our attack to match the Real Madrid attack with Ronaldo at his best, along with quality players like Benzema and Higuaín, being supplied by Ozil and Modric and all in their prime years.

We're more than likely going to have an attack with Zlatan who isn't as quick as he used to be, Rooney who is already dropping deeper with wear and tear, Martial and Rashford who are both developing but far from their best years.

GiddyUp

It hasnt been debunked. Its an opinion. The number of goals doesnt mean a team is good to watch. Stats dont indicate if a style of football is pleasing on the eye to everyone.
I dont like his style of football. His teams throttle the life out of other sides and his teams win. Its very effective and yes there are plenty of goals scored.
But for me personally I dont find his style of football attractive. Now I know I am in the minority here but saying its been debunked is bollocks.
For me counter attacking is one of the most exciting thing in the game. I will be fine with the football as long as the tactics are correct and we actually win.

GiddyUp

Lolz.. Just because everyone is getting all orgasmic about the "New House" comment, now we have added that to title.
Taking the Mou fanfare to a new level.
We all remember Klopp Watch, anything less then that cringeworthy muck is fine with me.

pseudo_canadian

It's clear with how Mourinho has carried himself since we annouced him that he's wanted this job for a long long time. When did he ever refer to Stamford Bridge/Chelsea as "my house"? That, plus his comments about United being a monster club, it's magical, etc. I bet he's been absolutely buzzing.

Can't wait for the season to start.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's clear with how Mourinho has carried himself since we annouced him that he's wanted this job for a long long time. When did he ever refer to Stamford Bridge/Chelsea as "my house"? That, plus his comments about United being a monster club, it's magical, etc. I bet he's been absolutely buzzing.

Can't wait for the season to start.
Before joining Real Madrid,

"It was difficult to leave Chelsea and it will be sad to leave Inter. Inter is my house in the same way Chelsea was my house. But that's life, that's football.

"Now I have two houses, Stamford Bridge, San Siro and now a third house - probably the Santiago Bernabeu.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If any of you has a spare 20 minutes, found this and thought I'd share:

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Moyes was constantly referring to United as 'they' this 'they' that. He never seemed confident enough to take the club on as his own.

Jose turns up and within a few days he's referring to OT as his house. Fantastic to see and I'm really optimistic he'll be here for a long time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Moyes was constantly referring to United as 'they' this 'they' that. He never seemed confident enough to take the club on as his own.

Jose turns up and within a few days he's referring to OT as his house. Fantastic to see and I'm really optimistic he'll be here for a long time.
Don't remember this.

Jose called Inter and Real his house too. Means feck all.

Varun

Staff
We should get the cheapskate a bungalow so that he doesn't sleep on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.