Official: Solskjær has left his role as manager

Thiagoal

Very interesting that we are looking to appoint an interim. This to me suggests two things: Zidane is a definite no go, we have identified a manager that is not currently available but would be persuaded in the summer

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Not so
He did what he could. Hope “You are my Solskjaer” will ring loud in the stadium next few games.
Not so sure man after breaking unnecessary EPL records along the way.

or could it be a favourite nursery rhyme “Ole’s on wheel goes round and round, round and round. Ole’s on wheel goes round and round, Out of the door! “

dove

YES, finally. Today is a great day, time for some champagne. 2 years too late but whatever.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Seriously? Couldn’t he have stayed until next weekend?

Walters_19_MuFc

Inevitable. Never nice to see anyone get sacked, especially a club legend such as Ole, but ultimately, he wasn't good enough to guide us where we should be as a club.

Wish him the best of luck!

Dr. StrangeHate

That interview asking him how low he felt was pretty horrifying. He himself will be relieved along with all of us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sad day but it had to happen. Cheers Ole, you did your best.

LARulz

Sad it went this way but had to happen. Should have happened weeks ago

Acole9

Outstanding
Thank god for that. Loved him as a player but he's a terrible manager.

Red Star One

What a mess this appointment was. I’m naive enough to hope we never repeat this nepotism galore and learn a lesson here. Bye

GMoore23

Good luck in the future Ole. Your still a United legend to me.

Castia

One problem done but I feel like the nightmare isn’t over yet….Carrick until they find an interim doesn’t sound very good at all.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It is sad, but had to happen. He'll always be a Utd legend and I do feel we're in a better position now than we were when he took over, but it was obvious that he couldn't take the step up and in fact things were starting to get toxic.

Hopefully he takes his experience here and has a good future in management at a lower level.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He did his best can't blame him holding on to his dream job. Norway NT or back to Molde after a break is my guess.

United492

I have absolutely no animosity towards the bloke, I'd like to thank him for giving us a period of post Moyes-LVG-Jose optimism. I feel for him as he looks broken and obviously loves the club and wanted to succeed, but that is on the club for putting him a "sink or swim" situation with new contracts after his period of lifting the gloom and as someone who is not at the elite level and, unfortunately, he's been sinking for some time.

Part of that is also on him though for not getting in experienced coaches around him, which would have gone some way to addressing the balance. The last few weeks though have completely baffled me with regards to the results, but particularly the performances and lack of fight - and not forgetting the recent badly-conceived holiday.

It's a sad day, but I want the club to be successful, ideally that would have been with Ole, but unfortunately he hit his ceiling a while back.

Cheers Ole, still a club legend in my eyes, especially as a player, thanks for your efforts and I wish you well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He did everything he could of… he came in and made everyone happy again and enjoy playing football after the mourinho days but in the end it was all too much for him and it’s the best decision that he’s gone. Still a legend though! I just hope we don’t make the same mistake with whoever the interim manager is and appoint him. We need to be talking to managers now who will be happy taking over at the end of the season so even if the interim does a good job he won’t be given it.

Name Changed

weso26
Carrick? I couldn't think of anyone worse to take over even temporarily. He was one of the coaches in a regime that clearly didn't know how coach.

James35

Thank goodness. Carrick though!? I hope whoever the new manager will be bins the lot of them.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yup, sounds like a very good decision this.
Carrick is only an acceptable interim for one game. He has 0 credentials. Literally every manager that's ever managed a first division club anywhere in Europe has more credentials than Carrick.

Knowing this board, there's a good chance they'll keep Carrick on as interim if he goes on a run.

Enigma_87

You know who
Absolute disaster.

will be remembered as a player. As a manager I pity the next fool that will employ him.