Official: Solskjær has left his role as manager

Ixion

Good luck for the future Ole, I look forward to the reception he gets when he next returns.

Leg-End

Carrick and then interim manager to the end of the season is fairly telling isn’t it.

Giggs' right foot

He did what he could. Hope “You are my Solskjaer” will ring loud in the stadium next few games.

RonaldoVII

This is a sad day, despite the fact it had to happen. He's still a huge legend for ne and has left us in a better position than when he started. The job was too big for him, as it is for most.

Meh, way too late. Should’ve hired Tuchel or Klopp when they were available as anyone without the blinkers on could see this coming a mile off. Hell it’s even a month too late this season.
Waste of at least 1.5 seasons for me, on an utterly stupid experiment that was doomed to fail.
Hopefully now we make a good move fot the right kind of manager.
It’s a relief at least, and until the next appointment at least it gives us hope.

Silverman

"Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season."

Good decision. Don't rush appointing the next manager. Erik Ten Hag in the summer.

Newtonius

Yeah thanks but 2 years too late, get rid of the rest of nepotism FC too and never hire another legend again.

Addled

Best of luck for the future Ole. You tried your hardest but ultimately you were not good enough to achieve what the club should aspire to.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
all the work he has done over the past three years to rebuild the foundations for long-term success.
Our front line is Ronaldo and Cavani, mate.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thank God.

No thanks for the worst run of performances I've ever seen in my lifetime.

kps88

So Carrick as an interim until we can find another interim. We were really well prepared for this huh.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Needed to be done.
Still, hope for the best with Ole.
Still a legend. :devil:

Bratt

"Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season."

Good decision. Don't rush appointing the next manager. Erik Ten Hag in the summer.
Yup, sounds like a very good decision this.

United Hobbit

That's actually a well worded statement.

It needed to be done, I think we all romantically wanted him to succeed and win a trophy with us, unfortunately he just didn't have the ability, and should never have been made permanent, although I think as fans we were all caught up in the excitement after PSG

He did lay some green shoots of recovery in his first couple of years, I could see a niche for him going into broken clubs and restoring the culture.

I will always remember him for that goal, and he was definitely thrown to the wolves by the board here. I wanted him out as it was clear he was out of his depth but sad for him it ended this way

I hope when the dust has settled he's invited back to watch a game and gets a cheer and a thank you from the fans

Now he should have some time out with his family it's aged him horribly so he should spend time relaxing

Carrick as interim is concerning

red_sun

What a sigh of relief. It didn't have to end this way. Let's see what we can salvage from the season.

No Love

Realistically, I don’t think he could’ve done any more than he did during his time here. All the best, Ole.

SER19

Carrick surviving better than solskjaer. Part of 2 failed regimes now and is temporary boss.

The club statement re interim manager being sought would suggest there's a real target for summer

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he will have Successful career.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Its the right decision he absolutely had to go but I still feel sad I really wanted him to be a success.

According the Sky Sports News we are looking for an interim manager till the end of the season so I guess they have a target in mind.

AndySmith1990

I'm pleased it's finally over and everyone can move on.

Despite his poor performance as manager and being vastly underqualified, it was sad to see him yesterday giving that interview. He looks to have aged 10 years since joining us and he looked thoroughly broken and devoid of confidence.

All the best to him with the rest of his career.