Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne Football

Who would have thought that a day would come when Canada is likely better at football than Ireland
Not that hard considering their population size and the fact we've rugby and GAA to compete with, on top of having the biggest self-serving gormless gombeen in charge of the FAI for 14 years.
Anyways we just need patience. There's rumours Liam Delap might declare for us. He's a bona fide Premier league striker in the making.
You'd hope Adam Idah, O'Shea, Knight, Nathan Collins and Molumby will become PL players eventually. Cullen will probably end up in The Championship or at Celtic, then there's that half Cameroon/Irish/Spanish bloke in La Liga.
Fast forward 2 years from now, with all these kids with 20 International caps under their belts, and we might just be able to compete again.

But serious investment from the government needs to happen to develop state of the art academies. We're miles behind other similar sized European nations due to Delaney and his cronies.

Withnail

Anyone been watching Norwich?

18 yr old Leixlip lad Andrew Omobamidele has just broken into the first team and has been very impressive at CB, by all accounts, being awarded MOTM on his first start.

Brophs

The One and Only
On one of the Irish sport podasts recently someone offered the view that Norwich being promoted won't be such a good thing for him in the short term, as it'll likely be a bit too much of a step up at his age.

Brophs

The One and Only
Harvey Neville is taking the Joe Lapira approach to getting selected.

Champagne Football

Ryan Johansson is finally able to declare and is said to be linking up with the under-21 squad in June -

https://www.balls.ie/football/ryan-johansson-ireland-469585
If he can break into the Sevilla team, then I'd start getting excited. Right now still only potential, and we've seen some young players with big potential not able to cut it at the top. Molumby can't get a game at Preston. Troy Parrot struggling to break into the first XI at League One.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I borrowed it off my bro a while back and just started reading it but I'm only a few pages in.
Its just like you’d think how things would be in the mid 2000s. Basically If Fianna Fáil ran the FAI too. Only the corrupt survive long enough to make any difference one way or another.

My uncle owns an Irish bar in Andorra. I’d say they are having the craic there this evening! :)

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Its just like you’d think how things would be in the mid 2000s. Basically If Fianna Fáil ran the FAI too. Only the corrupt survive long enough to make any difference one way or another.

My uncle owns an Irish bar in Andorra. I’d say they are having the craic there this evening! :)
Ali, does be be hiring much, won't be this summer but next summer I was looking at North of Spain/South of France for a summer. 27 with 9 years experience.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think we stick with project Kenny. We're not qualifying for the World Cup so I think we should let him see out the remaining qualifiers. I also worry the FAI would look towards the dial-a-gaffer list for his successor and appoint someone like Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.