Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Bazunu is a young keeper isn't it? Looking from the recent performances in the WC qualifiers Ireland seemed to be improving without having those big names known from Premier League squads.
He is and he's very good but that was a joke. A narrow defeat wouldn't worry me as much as how we performed.

Brophs

The One and Only

Not sure I get that from City’s point of view, unless they’ve reached the conclusion that he’s not good enough. Great news for Ireland, though. A very winnable spot in a good PL team.

Brophs

The One and Only
Why are the lads doing punditry behind one of those Lotto stands?

TheReligion

Abusive

Not sure I get that from City’s point of view, unless they’ve reached the conclusion that he’s not good enough. Great news for Ireland, though. A very winnable spot in a good PL team.
I’m not sure they are a good PL team? Pretty awful last season and finished same points as Everton who nearly went down.

Good stepping stone though and he’ll have plenty of work to do.

Brophs

The One and Only
Poundland doing TV props now it seems
I was led to believe he was. That was far from great.
He's almost 24 and he's probably played what, a couple of dozen club games in his career? He looks a little bit short of experience, to me. Lots of talent, but he doesn't look very battle hardened.

Wayne's World

Our passing tonight has been so wayward, it's like they haven't worked on the training ground with their passing at all. Too many players in the team are not capable of passing the ball progressively forwards.

Could end up during this break with 4 losses in a row which would be an disaster

lsd

The Oracle
We go a goal down and it's just one plan after that try and get the ball on Shane Duffy's head in the box

Brophs

The One and Only
Is Stephen Kenny going to set a new record for the most boom-bust cycles in the course of one managerial tenure?

lsd

The Oracle
RTÉ's commentator really said the Ukrainian was bombing forward

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
RTÉ's commentator really said the Ukrainian was bombing forward
They would.

George Hamilton once said something very racist in a Nigeria V Soth Korea world cup game.

I would have just posted it in the olden days. Not any more. You Mary Whitehouse Cnuts.

Jericho

Ah shite, we were so close. 47% to 53% possession. Just a blip, we'll win the next one.

lsd

The Oracle
They would.

George Hamilton once said something very racist in a Nigeria V Soth Korea world cup game.

I would have just posted it in the olden days. Not any more. You Mary Whitehouse Cnuts.

To be fair he obviously realised straightaway and then just stopped speaking for ages

AaronRedDevil

We'd be so good if we had a solid goal scorer. Keane would be banging them in. We play very well but Jesus we can't get the ball in the net.

Brophs

The One and Only
I am not a stylish man so I may be wrong, but Stephen Kelly always looks like he's wearing one of the looks from a trying on clothes montage scene on in a movie. He steps out onto the pitch and Keith Andrews looks up and shakes his head. Then a couple of seconds later it cuts to him wearing a full wetsuit and a beanie hat.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I am not a stylish man so I may be wrong, but Stephen Kelly always looks like he's wearing one of the looks from a trying on clothes montage scene on in a movie. He steps out onto the pitch and Keith Andrews looks up and shakes his head. Then a couple of seconds later it cuts to him wearing a full wetsuit and a beanie hat.
All in all, you have very little going for you. But yes Kenny is a dork.

Keith Andrews can wear clothes well in all fainess.

Brophs

The One and Only
All in all, you have very little going for you. But yes Kenny is a dork.

Keith Andrews can wear clothes well in all fainess.
That's a matter of opinion, regardless of how many people share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.