Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Just got 15. I've spent too much time on this.

That was actually the second time but I didn't screenshot the last one before going for that impossible 16th

Nick7

Djemba-Djemba

Red00012

Decent result last night, they probably rode their luck a few times. It’s still difficult to see where the goals are going to come from though.

Any chance the thread title could be changed? @Damien

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Was anyone actually expecting a goal fest? Lots of poor touches and misplaced passes but you can see they're trying to do the right thing. Can we not give Robinson a go in the middle. I really like him. Made a tonne of nice little runs but rarely was given it at the right time. Coleman disappointing. Weird one for us. He won't be dropped but I'd love to see Doherty with my own eyes and what he could bring. Jeff could be a bit braver. Love McGoldrick. Baby steps but we're improving.

Champagne Football

I'm happy with the result, taking the bigger picture into account. We're playing in a style now that you can enjoy watching for a change. In a short space of time we're unrecognizable to last year. We have a whole summer now to take stock of what's needed moving forward.

Robinson should be a mid-table PL player after the summer. McGoldrick looks like Pele compared to Jonathan Walters.

Luca Connel looks like he'll fit like a glove. Hendrick was woeful in both games. Molumby could make a break through soon. Maybe Nathan Collins will get a big move.

Things are definitely looking a lot brighter, despite a tired performance today.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Jaysus last night was ropey but what a buzz when McGoldrick scored!

Randolph - Decent as always
Coleman - Looked a bit sluggish
Duffy - Solid
Keogh - Solid
Stevens - Not very good
Whelan - Just pointless being in this team, surely there is someone better?
Hourihane - Very quiet last night, although his set pieces are fantastic
McClean - Rubbish, but can not fault his effort which eventually led to the goal
Hendrick - I genuinely feel if we got the ball to him in decent positions he would do well but the system doesn't allow it. Quiet, with a couple of moments
Robinson - Surely he was injured? Rubbish
McGoldrick - World class talent, could kiss his baldy heed

Big Andy

Bloke
Cost me £800 off a £4 free bet that I couldn’t cash out.

cnuts. All other 14 results came in.

diarm

Cost me £800 off a £4 free bet that I couldn’t cash out.

cnuts. All other 14 results came in.
Never, ever bet on Ireland.

We will draw with Holland or Brazil and then the next week, draw with Macedonia.

I'm pretty sure that actually happened once.

Big Andy

Bloke
Never, ever bet on Ireland.

We will draw with Holland or Brazil and then the next week, draw with Macedonia.

I'm pretty sure that actually happened once.
I didn't, I bet on Switzerland to win

lsd

The Oracle
Weird I never thought we would score until we went one down then I was certain we would , seems to be our way lately .

We look a lot better under Mick and way better to watch hopefully we have young players that will come through though as we are still punching above our weight in games like this .

Robinson is talented , McGoldrick is immense , McClean is awful but yet despite that he always seems to do something that bails us out in games like this

izec

That was a good result, looking at that team, a draw against Switzerland is as good as you will get with that starting lineup. I didnt watch the game, but well done. Switzerland are a good and underrated side.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't know if any of ye watch underage football but this u21 team is brilliant. Parrott gets all the attention but the Brighton boys Molumby and Connolly have always looked fantastic whenever I've seen them. 1 up vs Armenia at the moment but the speed of passing and confidence is very refreshing

lsd

The Oracle
Don't know if any of ye watch underage football but this u21 team is brilliant. Parrott gets all the attention but the Brighton boys Molumby and Connolly have always looked fantastic whenever I've seen them. 1 up vs Armenia at the moment but the speed of passing and confidence is very refreshing

Where are you watching it ?

kidbob

Whatever happened to Robbie Brady? McClean is great for the effort but he's just not great anymore. I hope they'll bring Long back to the squad next time around, need goalscoring options in the squad and he's still one of the better ones we have (even if it's off the bench). No complaints so far though, we've done better than expected.

Swiss_Red89

Just back from Dublin, had two very good days overthere.:) Really nice and friendly people and even the weather was good:D

The game was a bit meh, we certainly missed Shaqiri who would have been exactely what we needed against the strong defense line from Ireland. We throw away a good lead for the second time in a row. (after drawing 3:3 with denmark at home last game where we conceded three goals in the last 10minutes)

The group is certainly very interesting now. I think it will go to the last gameday where we fortunatly will play at home. I hope Shaq will be back for the last four games.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yep it's a good squad but that will be a though battle with Sweden and Iceland for the 2nd place/play-offs spot.....Italy should win easily the group.

dbs235

Weird I never thought we would score until we went one down then I was certain we would , seems to be our way lately .

We look a lot better under Mick and way better to watch hopefully we have young players that will come through though as we are still punching above our weight in games like this .

Robinson is talented , McGoldrick is immense , McClean is awful but yet despite that he always seems to do something that bails us out in games like this
I follow youth football a lot and Ireland do seem to have good underage teams at the moment. I know he scored but not sure that McGoldrick and immense should ever be in the same sentence though at international level :lol:.

lsd

The Oracle
I follow youth football a lot and Ireland do seem to have good underage teams at the moment. I know he scored but not sure that McGoldrick and immense should ever be in the same sentence though at international level :lol:.

Yeah well on his day

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
U21s beat Sweden 3-1 apparently playing great football.

Senior side looking as dire as usual. Nice to see Cullen though, been really impressed with him for Charlton. Would help if he had the same quality around him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.