Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Randolph is competing against the very best when he puts on an Ireland shirt. Saves our ass time and time again.

Beyond Randolph and Duffy, the rest may as well not be there. I'd struggle to pick a more pathetic bunch of footballers.

Just get Kenny in and be done with this shite.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Mick McCarthy going mental on the sideline is the only thing that made this 2nd half tolerable.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wasn't the pen for handball? Least thats what I thought.

Name Changed

weso26
Mick McCarthy going mental on the sideline is the only thing that made this 2nd half tolerable.
He's a brain dead idiot. Listening to him in the press conference after the Georgia game he answered half the questions from the journalists saying "have you played professional football"... you can't have an opinion if you haven't played professionally. Ridiculous attitude to have.

Brophs

The One and Only
Coleman was behaving like a bit of a weirdo tonight. He seemed to be trying to wind up Embolo, but somewhere along the line lost sight of that and just ended up winding himself up while Embolo watched and, on one occasional, kicked him up the hoop.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
It's nearly 30 years since Italia 90 and sadly over time the quality of our squads have decreased. In hindsight I was too young to fully appreciate the quality of the squad we had in 1990. To think in 1990 we had Bonner, Moran, McGrath, O'Leary, Staunton, Hughton, Houghton, Townsend, Whelan, Sheedy, Quinn, Stapleton, Aldridge etc. Sad to think we played such a primitive brand of football considering the players at our disposal.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Like the last campaign - completely fudged it in the run in. Happy with a draw away to a Georgia team not as tough as previous years.

Mick also really got it arseways tonight. Tried to match their formation, we concede early so he panics and reverts back to 4-3-3. Then leaves lads on that we’re clearly absolutely knackered and not on form.

Real poor showing from the dugout for both games.

berbasloth4

we arent good enough at all. our two best players on paper play the same position.

I think we should grin and bare it like we always have as it looks like there is a nice crop of youngsters coming through. kenny will be very familiar with them and hopefully can keep them together when its his turn.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Not really. We should have beat Georgia. We played like we didn't give a toss. That is the fixture we'll look back on if we don't beat Denmark.
Georgia drew with Denmark as well. On the night they were much better than us. A draw was a completely fair result.
To be still in with a shout going into the last game is a good achievement with these players

Swiss_Red89

Crucial win!!!! Hopp Schwiz!Only two wins left vs Gerorgia and Gibralta to get another big tournamenth for our small country.
Hope you guys will beat denmark because i like your passion

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Crucial win!!!! Hopp Schwiz!Only two wins left vs Gerorgia and Gibraltar away from another big tournamenth for our small country.
Hope you guys will beat denmark.
You're at home to Georgia. If it was away I'd watch it with a bit of hope but not to be.
We're still top of the group tonight though, that's what I'm clinging on to!

Swiss_Red89

You're at home to Georgia. If it was away I'd watch it with a bit of hope but not to be.
We're still top of the group tonight though, that's what I'm clinging on to!
Of course we are. We'll play the home game vs georgia at one of our best stadiums, it will be rockin....ireland and denmark have to battle it out. I hope you guys will win.

Xaviboy

In reality the 2nd half performance tonight is the best you will see with that team, just a bit of fight and effort, nothing more. Lack any creativity all over the pitch. It's like we score a goal with the cheers when we win a corner kick. Desperate. Anyways we all hope for a positive result v Denmark.

lsd

The Oracle
Well McCarthy can't complain anymore anout only getting two years . Was two years too many

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well that's all changed very quickly for Mick. The country can't wait for Stephen Kenny now. I think we'll beat the Danes. Based on absolutely nothing at all.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Can't see it unless we fluke it.
Were shite.
I hear ya but we almost never have an all or nothing game, win or bust, no second chances. I think we'll be better without a safety net. We haven't had a free swing since....well, since the last time we played the Danes at the Aviva. And that turned out ok, didn't it?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I hear ya but we almost never have an all or nothing game, win or bust, no second chances. I think we'll be better without a safety net. We haven't had a free swing since....well, since the last time we played the Danes at the Aviva. And that turned out ok, didn't it?
Yeah that went well. For about half an hour anyway.

Ole olė olė

Status
Not open for further replies.