Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/fai-stephen-kenny-investigation-1110175

The Board has accepted the explanations provided and considers that the matter is now closed

That's the end of that then.
Was never likely to see him in particularly bad trouble as it would have to have been some video to dismay people who had literally celebrated the 1916 rising on the pitch just a few years ago.

The fact that Alan Kelly came out with such a strong statement to make it clear that the leak didn't come from him is a positive too, as skullduggery within the backroom team would have been pretty bad.

The only remaining question is who exactly in the FAI decided to leak it to the Daily Mail and why are they such a cnut? But why members of the FAI are cnuts is one of those eternal questions.

SirMarcusRashford

Brits, and I'd thank you not to include Ireland in that, don't have a bad reputation abroad in my experience. It's the English, alone, that have a bad reputation. When we go abroad and they hear us speaking english, often we're asked if we're English, not if we're British. When we say we're Irish it's suddenly all smiles which tells you a lot.

Yes there's a shared history that comes with the whole colonisation thing but there are a lot of cultural differences, one of them being the hooligan element.

In an effort not to derail the thread even further this point started with your contention that Ireland hadn't qualified for a International tournament since the 90s and if they had they'd be causing trouble like their English neighbours. You're incorrect on both counts and travelling Irish fans just don't cause trouble. I'd forgotten this but after Euro 2012 Platini came over to present an award to the Irish Fans due to the exemplary behaviour of those who travelled to Poland.

The simple fact is the Irish don't wreck the place when they follow their national team and we don't have a history of hooliganism or a reputation for causing trouble when on holiday.
I’ve never seen such a classic example of ‘my shit don’t smell’ in all my life. Do Irish people really believe this as a whole or am I just talking to 1 or 2 people who live on their own little island (not Ireland)?

Do you really think locals in Ibiza are more relieved when a group of lads from Dublin are going to be neighbours with them for a week instead of a group of lads from Manchester? I've got news for you, they won’t be!

Giving them a choice who they would rather live next door to for a week would be like telling them to choose between ear or tooth ache.

If you really want to know how Ireland is perceived from a stereotypical perspective (as you seem to like stereotyping England), just take a look at your no1 sportsman and the face of Ireland right now on the global stage, Conor McGregor. Angry/arrogant fella who as had multiple arrests for things like criminal damage and exposing themselves in public and been filmed punching old men in Irish bars.

Anyway last I’m replying on this, I don’t want to derail the thread, I have an Irish background myself, but a proud Englishman, but the anti-Englishness I'm seeing in this thread and the labeling of English people as unlikeable thugs is quite frankly its ridicolous and if i carry on biting to it, I have a feeling I’m going to get blamed for it somehow since this is the Ireland thread and I’m a noob :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Withnail

I’ve never seen such a classic example of ‘my shit don’t smell’ in all my life. Do Irish people really believe this as a whole or am I just talking to 1 or 2 people who live on their own little island (not Ireland)?

Do you really think locals in Ibiza are more relieved when a group of lads from Dublin are going to be neighbours with them for a week instead of a group of lads from Manchester? I've got news for you, they won’t be!

Giving them a choice who they would rather live next door to for a week would be like telling them to choose between ear or tooth ache.

If you really want to know how Ireland is perceived from a stereotypical perspective (as you seem to like stereotyping England), just take a look at your no1 sportsman and the face of Ireland right now on the global stage, Conor McGregor. Angry/arrogant fella who as had multiple arrests for things like criminal damage and exposing themselves in public and been filmed punching old men in Irish bars.

Anyway last I’m replying on this, I don’t want to derail the thread, I have an Irish background myself, but a proud Englishman, but the anti-Englishness I'm seeing in this thread and the labeling of English people as unlikeable thugs is quite frankly its ridicolous and if i carry on biting to it, I have a feeling I’m going to get blamed for it somehow since this is the Ireland thread and I’m a noob :rolleyes:
The followers of the England football team have a bad reputation and trouble tends to follow them at large tournaments. English football has a history of hooliganism and that element hasn't totally gone away. No one is saying they are representative of English society as a whole. Mc Gregor's also a cnut and an embarrassment.

These are facts.

Someone made a remark that was probably half in jest and you made a counter-claim that the Irish/Welsh/Scots would also causing trouble if they were lucky enough to qualify. I was pointing out how this was totally wrong and the Irish fans have an excellent reputation based on recent tournaments especially.

To clarify, I'm not saying that English people in general, or people of any nationality for that matter, are thugs. I agree, that would be ridiculous.

lsd

The Oracle

Love how he is trying to tell Irish people how we are treated abroad when people realise we are irish :lol:

Good to now know despite all experience i have had of this that i have been treated totally different than how i remembered.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

Whenever I'm abroad, especially outside of Europe, people sometimes assume I'm American or European due to speaking native English. When I tell them I'm actually Irish, their attitude definitely changes. And often it's not as though before they treated me with disdain - it's just that they become more friendly and interested in conversing. It's definitely a thing that I and many of my friends have experienced.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Whenever I'm abroad, especially outside of Europe, people sometimes assume I'm American or European due to speaking native English. When I tell them I'm actually Irish, their attitude definitely changes. And often it's not as though before they treated me with disdain - it's just that they become more friendly and interested in conversing. It's definitely a thing that I and many of my friends have experienced.
I think literally everyone north or south of the border can relate to this when on holidays.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

We're describing first hand experiences to you and you're trying to tell us they didn't happen?

I have been in multiple situations in multiple countries (particularly when attending football games and musical festivals) where my friends and I have been greeted with hostility because people thought we were English, which then evaporated when we explained we were Irish. And I have to say my impression was that it was much less down to our reputation than that of the English, apart from maybe in America where there is a more direct Irish-American connection.

And you'll note multiple Irish people have already described experiencing the same contrast on this page, because it's a common experience for Irish people living abroad as being mistaken for English happens time and time again.

It's a complete tangent for this thread but it seems weird that you are unaware of that heightened reputation the English carry and weirder still that you'd try to explain to Irish people what being Irish is like. You could try starting a thread in the general forum if you're curious and see just how many Irish posters here cite the exact same phenomenon. Because it will be a lot.

432JuanMata

We're describing first hand experiences to you and you're trying to tell us they didn't happen?

I have been in multiple situations in multiple countries (particularly when attending football games and musical festivals) where my friends and I have been greeted with hostility because people thought we were English, which then evaporated when we explained we were Irish. And I have to say my impression was that it was much less down to our reputation than that of the English, apart from maybe in America where there is a more direct Irish-American connection.

And you'll note multiple Irish people have already described experiencing the same contrast on this page, because it's a common experience for Irish people living abroad as being mistaken for English happens time and time again.

It's a complete tangent for this thread but it seems weird that you are unaware of that heightened reputation the English carry and weirder still that you'd try to explain to Irish people what being Irish is like. You could try starting a thread in the general forum if you're curious and see just how many Irish posters here cite the exact same phenomenon. Because it will be a lot.
I was in Prague before and we were a bit outside the tourist destination and we went into a local and where speaking English and getting dirty looks for a while my friends wanted to leave but I wouldn’t. Then some guy who barely spoke English(most in local bars don’t) said “English” and my mate said Irish. Him and his mates bought us shots of Jameson and played darts, we couldn’t speak a lick of Czech they couldn’t speak a lick of English but we got on great.

I feel bad for the nice English tourist Which is the majority due to some idiots. Most British I’ve met abroad have been sound and no trouble

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It goes without saying but I'll say it for the satisfaction :D but I've had the same experience as everyone else has had here. Everywhere I've travelled in the world, people were far more amenable to the point of fascination in some cases when they know you're Irish.

Don't underestimate the power of PS I Love You :D

What a fecking stupid turn this thread has taken, obviously. The phrase "at it again" comes to mind...

SirMarcusRashford

Maybe they was being friendly in general and the 'are you English?' 'no I'm Irish' was just a ice breaker to get the conversation rolling? I mean the whole 'where are you from?' thing is one of the first things you say to strangers to get chatting, so unless you got a 'thank god, we thought you was English' it seems to me you are reading too much into it.

As an Englishman and a person who has traveled a fair bit abroad i have to say as soon as people heard me speak, namely other English speaking countries (America/Canada) people loved my accent and loved that i was English, was very friendly and welcoming and i know many people who say the same thing, not just English speaking countries.

So i really have no idea what you are talking about, it's something I've never even heard before (in person or online) so i think it's a load of shit to be honest.

432JuanMata

It goes without saying but I'll say it for the satisfaction :D but I've had the same experience as everyone else has had here. Everywhere I've travelled in the world, people were far more amenable to the point of fascination in some cases when they know you're Irish.

Don't underestimate the power of PS I Love You :D

What a fecking stupid turn this thread has taken, obviously. The phrase "at it again" comes to mind...
To be fair it was a survey done in 2016 and by the average of every country Irish people were voted the most loved people worldwide. Maybe because I am Irish and lived here all my life I don’t get it, I think it’s because he behave and get pissed at big events. Also most Americans claim to be some Irish so that might be it

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
To be fair it was a survey done in 2016 and by the average of every country Irish people were voted the most loved people worldwide. Maybe because I am Irish and lived here all my life I don’t get it, I think it’s because he behave and get pissed at big events. Also most Americans claim to be some Irish so that might be it
We definitely don't. I taught TEFL for years and got to saw Ireland through other nationalities' eyes. It definitely gave me more of an appreciation for the place and culture.

432JuanMata

We definitely don't. I taught TEFL for years and got to saw Ireland through other nationalities' eyes. It definitely gave me more of an appreciation for the place and culture.
Most of met visiting Ireland always say I’m Irish my granddad was Irish etc. We are unique people I’ll agree and we our fun on a night out but we have plenty of assholes here. It’s how we are portrayed in the news. I’ll use America as example the news shows all the trump rally’s where they interview stupid people or show loads of shootings which makes it look bad yet every American I met are lovely and very welcoming etc.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe they was being friendly in general and the 'are you English?' 'no I'm Irish' was just a ice breaker to get the conversation rolling? I mean the whole 'where are you from?' thing is one of the first things you say to strangers to get chatting, so unless you got a 'thank god, we thought you was English' it seems to me you are reading too much into it.

As an Englishman and a person who has traveled a fair bit abroad i have to say as soon as people heard me speak, namely other English speaking countries (America/Canada) people loved my accent and loved that i was English, was very friendly and welcoming and i know many people who say the same thing, not just English speaking countries.

So i really have no idea what you are talking about, it's something I've never even heard before (in person or online) so i think it's a load of shit to be honest.
Two examples (both of them in Germany, as it happens).

Example 1: My friends and I are trying to get into a club in Berlin. The bouncers immediately have an attitude, telling us the club is full even though it's really early in the night and to go away. We hear one of them mutter something about the English to the other in German and (having been through this type of shite before) say "we're not English, we're Irish". They laugh, say "sorry we thought you were a gang of English" and let us in.

Example II: At a music festival in Nuremberg setting up our tents. The German guys we're beside start casually dumping their rubbish beside our tents. When we ask them if it's their stuff they ignore us and make clearly sarcastic comments to each other in German, laughing. We don't know what their problem is and think they're assholes (which they absolutely were). However, ten minutes later when we throw an Irish flag on top of one of the tents they come over to us and say (in English) "oh sorry, we thought you were English" , move their trash and invite us over to go drinking with them.

In other words I'm not talking about subtle differences in the way we were treated. I literally mean people treating us badly, suddenly not treating us badly when they realise we're not English, then explaining that the initial bad treatment was specifically because they thought we were English.

It's not limited to Germany either. I've experienced the same dynamic in France, Poland, Croatia, Belgium and Canada (specifically Quebec). As I say, it's a common experience if you're Irish and travelling abroad because people almost always assume you're English at first when they hear you speak.

But hey, maybe my experiences are a complete outlier and a load of Irish posters will say they've never experienced anything like that in all their years travelling. But so far five or six others on this page have alluded to a similar difference in how they were percieved.

Just for the record, I'm not saying it's fair either. Nearly every English person I've met abroad (or in general, really) has been lovely and has done nothing to deserve that reputation. And there are more than enough scumbags in Ireland who are presumably every bit as obnoxious on holiday as they are at home. So it may be an entirely undeserved difference in reception but the difference is there.

Last edited:

Oranges038

Well that's probably because they don't go anywhere, next year will be the first times since the 90's since Scotland have been at a major tournament, similar story with Ireland and Wales.

Make no mistake qualify for every major tournament like England usually do and there will be stories of violence with every nation.

Whilst we are different nations, we share a history and our countries/culture (especially booze culture) and people are the same and you and i both know in normal times (no covid/lockdown), there would be fights in bars and clubs all throughout Ireland on a Saturday night just as there would be in England. Have you seen news this morning of multiple stabbings in Cardiff last night? Drinkers in nearby bars evacuated.

Point being stick thugs (no matter where they are from) who love trouble in a bar with a bunch of other thugs who love trouble, singing nationalistic songs and being all patriotic and as soon as they see someone from another country walk past, it won't all be handshakes and hugs.
No
Well that's probably because they don't go anywhere, next year will be the first times since the 90's since Scotland have been at a major tournament, similar story with Ireland and Wales.

Make no mistake qualify for every major tournament like England usually do and there will be stories of violence with every nation.

Whilst we are different nations, we share a history and our countries/culture (especially booze culture) and people are the same and you and i both know in normal times (no covid/lockdown), there would be fights in bars and clubs all throughout Ireland on a Saturday night just as there would be in England. Have you seen news this morning of multiple stabbings in Cardiff last night? Drinkers in nearby bars evacuated.

Point being stick thugs (no matter where they are from) who love trouble in a bar with a bunch of other thugs who love trouble, singing nationalistic songs and being all patriotic and as soon as they see someone from another country walk past, it won't all be handshakes and hugs.
So what your saying is that every country has thug fans who will fight other thug fans if they happen to be drinking in the same place at the same time.

This thread has taken the strangest turn.

Most of us have been to different places and met nice people. Most of us have encountered people from different countries that we didn't like. It happens.

Asking people where there are from. As an ice breaker is standard when you can hear they are from a different country, the reactions are almost always positive, very few will turn around and tell you to go away because your from England or Ireland.

I spoke to a guy in America once, he thought Wales was in Ireland and that Edinburgh was a town there. He was a nice guy we had a good chat, but I didn't tell him he was wrong.

I was also in bar there when Ireland played Spain in Euro 2012, not a great day. Just out of pure luck that day there was a group of about 20 Spanish people right at the next table. This guy asked the Spanish, why Messi wasn't playing? They kindly told him he was from Argentina. He bought them all drinks.

Now to me that doesn't mean all Americans are nice, kind or not up on world geography. Same way as a few good or bad experiences with people from other countries doesn't mean they are all the same.

If your talking sports fans in general, it's not just limited to supporters following national teams, every team in every country will have an element of thuggish behaviour. In Ireland I've known people to say supporters of the Dublin GAA team were well known for being scummy, and would throw bottles of piss amongst other things at opposing fans in the stands. It doesn't mean all Dublin fans are like that, it also doesn't mean other teams fans aren't. In fact fighting amongst fans and players at GAA matches is not unknown.

Point being, in life everywhere you go your going to meet an element of thuggery and gobshites, especially where big crowds are involved be it a football match or a music festival or whatever. Not everyone is going to be nice and friendly and not everyone is going to react to you the same way as they do others based on where you are from.

caid

My anecdote. Irish guy i met in New Zealand hostel told my i should sew an Irish flag on backpack as you get way, way better treatment if people know your not english. Sorry English pals.

I think Canadians do that too incidentally, lots of backpackers with canadian patch on their backpack.

Champagne Football

I think it's a reflection of the state the national team is in when anything apart from the national team gets discussed here. Not too much to talk about at all when it comes to the Irish national team.

Anyways at least Delaney is gone now so it can't get any worse.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think it's a reflection of the state the national team is in when anything apart from the national team gets discussed here. Not too much to talk about at all when it comes to the Irish national team.

Anyways at least Delaney is gone now so it can't get any worse.
I would nearly be impressed if the FAI did manage to make things worse.

SirMarcusRashford

Two examples (both of them in Germany, as it happens).

Example 1: My friends and I are trying to get into a club in Berlin. The bouncers immediately have an attitude, telling us the club is full even though it's really early in the night and to go away. We hear one of them mutter something about the English to the other in German and (having been through this type of shite before) say "we're not English, we're Irish". They laugh, say "sorry we thought you were a gang of English" and let us in.

Example II: At a music festival in Nuremberg setting up our tents. The German guys we're beside start casually dumping their rubbish beside our tents. When we ask them if it's their stuff they ignore us and make clearly sarcastic comments to each other in German, laughing. We don't know what their problem is and think they're assholes (which they absolutely were). However, ten minutes later when we throw an Irish flag on top of one of the tents they come over to us and say (in English) "oh sorry, we thought you were English" , move their trash and invite us over to go drinking with them.

In other words I'm not talking about subtle differences in the way we were treated. I literally mean people treating us badly, suddenly not treating us badly when they realise we're not English, then explaining that the initial bad treatment was specifically because they thought we were English.

It's not limited to Germany either. I've experienced the same dynamic in France, Poland, Croatia, Belgium and Canada (specifically Quebec). As I say, it's a common experience if you're Irish and travelling abroad because people almost always assume you're English at first when they hear you speak.
I've edited my post down, because i don't want to go into it all to be honest. I've said all i have to say on it, other than this, an Irish thread, where some posters have made their anti-Englishness perfectly clear, automatically discrediting what they have to say (as it will be full of shit and bias), I've never even come across this before 1) experiences myself whilst traveling 2) experiences of family and friends 3) reading online, so i do think (know) its a load of rubbish to be honest with you.

I've never even heard about this great love of Irish people either, but again this is the Irish thread and there's a lot of Irish flag waving in my direction, so this worldwide love of the Irish doesn't hold much credibility to me and I'm sure i won't hear about it again in my life (unless i visit this thread again).

But what i will say is even if it is true that there is a dislike for English people abroad, like the America (who really are not well liked in the world), a large number of people in the world want to come over and live in England, so they can't hate the country and its people that much, I'd put it more down to jealously.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Most of met visiting Ireland always say I’m Irish my granddad was Irish etc. We are unique people I’ll agree and we our fun on a night out but we have plenty of assholes here. It’s how we are portrayed in the news. I’ll use America as example the news shows all the trump rally’s where they interview stupid people or show loads of shootings which makes it look bad yet every American I met are lovely and very welcoming etc.
Oh for sure these visitors are not seeing every facet of Ireland. Language students head for Dublin, Galway, Cork etc primarily. But they did make me take a look at the natural beauty of Ireland and our culture through their eyes and life experiences and get a new appreciation for it.

Withnail

I don't get this anti-english hatred from you lowly Scots/Welsh/Irish.

We qualify for major tournaments and try to win them while you scrabble around hoping to qualify and beating England is like winning the World Cup.

I mean you should be thankful we are so great we can provide you with your best players, which are, our cast offs of course.

What? You don't agree? Well you're all jealous and full of anti-english bias.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
My anecdote. Irish guy i met in New Zealand hostel told my i should sew an Irish flag on backpack as you get way, way better treatment if people know your not english. Sorry English pals.

I think Canadians do that too incidentally, lots of backpackers with canadian patch on their backpack.
It’s exactly the same with Canadians. They’re desperate not to be mistaken for American. And being Irish will 100% get you a better reception in most foreign countries than being English. Whether that’s fair or not is irrelevant. It is what it is.

I think it’s unfair, personally. You do get some “Ingerland” dick-heads on tour, which is why there’s such a bad reputation but the vast majority of English tourists are lovely and some Irish tourists are assholes so jumping to conclusion based on nationality alone is stupid. But it happens. All the time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
You should be grateful that you’re able to watch our football league. What are you even doing supporting MANCHESTER United anyway?

BD

I've edited my post down, because i don't want to go into it all to be honest. I've said all i have to say on it, other than this, an Irish thread, where some posters have made their anti-Englishness perfectly clear, automatically discrediting what they have to say (as it will be full of shit and bias), I've never even come across this before 1) experiences myself whilst traveling 2) experiences of family and friends 3) reading online, so i do think (know) its a load of rubbish to be honest with you.

I've never even heard about this great love of Irish people either, but again this is the Irish thread and there's a lot of Irish flag waving in my direction, so this worldwide love of the Irish doesn't hold much credibility to me and I'm sure i won't hear about it again in my life (unless i visit this thread again).

But what i will say is even if it is true that there is a dislike for English people abroad, like the America (who really are not well liked in the world), a large number of people in the world want to come over and live in England, so they can't hate the country and its people that much, I'd put it more down to jealously.
How would you have experienced people changing their attitude towards you when they realise you're not English, when you are in fact English? Are you really gonna dismiss all the people in this thread sharing their experience as anti-English bias?

That last line is hilarious though, well done.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
The only country I can think of in recent history where Irish were vilified is Australia, where the media went on a witch-hunt after a bunch of fecking eejits wrecked some houses they were renting. I remember Irish folks who'd been living there for years saying that made their lives way more difficult all of a sudden.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

What you should be doing this is taking this as a learning moment, and wondering why Dublin and Galway have been regularly voted in the top five friendliest cities in the world in recent years.

Google a bit. Study some Irish history. Study some English history written not from the point of view of England even. Read about British colonialism.

Instead of rejecting outright what we're saying like the Principal Skinner "No, it's the children who are wrong" meme, maybe open your mind to not being completely aware here? You'll be better off for it.

BD

What you should be doing this is taking this as a learning moment, and wondering why Dublin and Galway have been regularly voted in the top five friendliest cities in the world in recent years.

Google a bit. Study some Irish history. Study some English history written not from the point of view of England even. Read about British colonialism.

Instead of rejecting outright what we're saying like the Principal Skinner "No, it's the children who are wrong" meme, maybe open your mind to not being completely aware here? You'll be better off for it.
He's 100% not going to do any of that. Except for the Principal Skinner thing.

Oranges038

Anyway. I think we can all agree that the only real danger to the stellar reputation of the Irish abroad is the fecking culchies. They must be stopped. Before it’s too late.
Ah now, that's the sort thing you'd expect to hear from a West Brit....

Back to the pale with ya.

SirMarcusRashford

I'm well aware of British history and I'm well aware of Irish history, no country has a perfect past, including Ireland. But 21st century citizens cannot be judged and be made to be accountable for a nations ancestral past.

I can only judge my country since I've been on this planet and as long as I've been alive i feel Britain is a country that tried to do the right thing, I mean you only have to look at news yesterday of the Oxford vaccine, funded by the UK, a none profit vaccine, in the public domain that may go on to save millions of lives and be the most used Covid19 vaccine in the world, that is something as a nation to be proud of in a profit chasing capitalist world.

This will be my last reply on this.

lsd

The Oracle
@SirMarcusRashford I'd also invite you to start a new thread to discuss this topic properly, so we can go back to the true purpose of this thread: the desperate smell of want for Kenny to do well colliding against the harsh gleaming reality of not scoring a goal in 630mins of liquid ugh.

I dream of the day we score a goal and I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'm well aware of British history and I'm well aware of Irish history, no country has a perfect past, including Ireland. But 21st century citizens cannot be judged and be made to be accountable for a nations ancestral past.

I can only judge my country since I've been on this planet and as long as I've been alive i feel Britain is a country that tried to do the right thing, I mean you only have to look at news yesterday of the Oxford vaccine, funded by the UK, a none profit vaccine, in the public domain that may go on to save millions of lives and be the most used Covid19 vaccine in the world, that is something as a nation to be proud of in a profit chasing capitalist world.

This will be my last reply on this.
@BD right you were.

@SirMarcusRashford your posts illustrate how little you actually know, over and over. If you're not willing, I feel sorry for you. I mean, comparing Irish history to the history of a nation that colonized and genocided an empire the sun never went down on. Aiiiiii.

On recent history, it's way too easy to mention examples where Britain has not done the right thing. Are you really oblivious to things like Grenfell? Windrush?

And by the way, noone here hasn't noticed how you just ignore what people say and go off on your own tangent in every single post :D
Not a chance it's his last post.

Last edited:

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
That guy has 19 posts and at least 15 of them are about how great England is. Can you all just ignore him so he can stop posting his shite in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.