Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Another fantastic goal, well done McClean good cross after me thrashing you!

lsd

The Oracle
I think it's fair to say that if Kenny had been given the job proper instead of Mick McCarthy then Ireland would be favourites to win the World Cup next year

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What a ball from McClean, another superb goal.

Really promising performances the last few games. Things are definitely clicking now.

Nick7

Generally what happens when you go all looking for a draw.

Manager should be sacked for pissing about in Dublin the other night and now losing tonight.
To be fair, I don’t think they were pissing about, it was still a strong enough team full of experienced players. I just think he’s a really bad manager.

Brophs

The One and Only
World class save. Shows goalkeepers can be shot stoppers and good on the ball. We can only dream, right?
Really didn't think I'd be giving you my vote for Agenda Poster of the Year. Though, tbf, yourself and Mad Winger were peas in a pod.

Shark

@NotShark
Don't care who we're playing this is the best football I've seen Ireland play since I was 11 or 12. Circa 2003.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
Stephen Kenny looks the part now. Another John Delaney masterstroke.

Oranges038

Beating Ireland and losing against Serbia would still have Portugal second.
I know that.

He just went all out to draw both games, beat Ireland and then Serbia have to come out harder to try and win, it changes the complexion of the game from the start.

To be fair, I don’t think they were pissing about, it was still a strong enough team full of experienced players. I just think he’s a really bad manager.
I agree he is a shite manager, still dining out on the Euros.

It was great for Ireland to get a draw, but the team he sent out was a mess. If he put out a decent team and sent them out to try and win that game they probably would have done.

He's got what he deserved tonight for those decisons, what he should really be getting after that is sacked.

Name Changed

weso26
I know that.

He just went all out to draw both games, beat Ireland and then Serbia have to come out harder to try and win, it changes the complexion of the game from the start.
It doesn't change the game at all. Serbia had to win regardless. It makes no odds if Portugal were two points ahead or level but ahead on goal difference.

Wayne's World

Huge positives after this week. Kenny has done a fantastic job after a rocky start and we are starting to see the benefits.

So many talented youngsters playing in the first team, under 21's, 18's playing across Europe with fantastic clubs. Future is massively bright for us.

Great to see Irish football back on the up again after years of wilderness

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Weird to be finishing a campaign where we were beaten at home by Luxembourg and scraped a late equaliser there against Azerbaijan feeling so incredibly positive. Great stuff altogether. Can't wait for the Nations League. Has anyone said that before? Ever?

Brophs

The One and Only
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned so much is how, at the start of Kenny’s reign, people were talking about how Shane Duffy wouldn’t fit with what he was trying to do and would end up out of favour, despite being our most influential player for years. Not only did he find a way to get him in the side, he brought him along with him and Duffy is now doing things he hasn’t really done before and is, at times, trying to use the ball in a way he hasn’t done before for us. Fair play to both.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned so much is how, at the start of Kenny’s reign, people were talking about how Shane Duffy wouldn’t fit with what he was trying to do and would end up out of favour, despite being our most influential player for years. Not only did he find a way to get him in the side, he brought him along with him and Duffy is now doing things he hasn’t really done before and is, at times, trying to use the ball in a way he hasn’t done before for us. Fair play to both.
It's an astonishing turn around. My brother in law is a season ticket holder at Celtic and said he was one of the worst players they'd ever seen there. He was a goner. I'm delighted for him. He's shown incredible character.

Status
Not open for further replies.