Old Trafford revamp/could be torn down and rebuilt according to Glazer plans

What’s your preference for Old Trafford?

• Rebuild

Votes: 714 48.4%
  • Renovate

Votes: 736 49.9%
  • Leave it as is

Votes: 26 1.8%

• Total voters

stw2022

I’m excited for the next announcement that the carpeted areas in the hospitality suites are being refreshed

Seriously though, major work takes time, money and even more time. There’ll be planning permission, costs estimates, consultations, safety considerations and the rest of it. Even if tomorrow we were taken over by insatiable billionaires desperate to offload money we’d be 12-24 months away from hearing anything about major stadium improvements

Iron Tulip

I sit over in E234 and there was a leak in the roof, dripping onto someone a few seats in front of me, should I report this? If so who to?

Also, our concourse ran out of lager and most refreshments before HT, I'm guessing the new prices meant more people had a drink before the game, Does anyone know if we have clarification when they will put some different beers in, Carling is abysmal! :confused:

Thanks!
IT

sp_107

Imagine what a 500M investment on Revamp would do to this stadium. It will look grand

Lenny1810

I sit over in E234 and there was a leak in the roof, dripping onto someone a few seats in front of me, should I report this? If so who to?

Also, our concourse ran out of lager and most refreshments before HT, I'm guessing the new prices meant more people had a drink before the game, Does anyone know if we have clarification when they will put some different beers in, Carling is abysmal! :confused:

Thanks!
IT
W202 ran out of beer as well pre kick off. Disgraceful scenes

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’m excited for the next announcement that the carpeted areas in the hospitality suites are being refreshed

Seriously though, major work takes time, money and even more time. There’ll be planning permission, costs estimates, consultations, safety considerations and the rest of it. Even if tomorrow we were taken over by insatiable billionaires desperate to offload money we’d be 12-24 months away from hearing anything about major stadium improvements
Totally agree, especially the bolded. I used to always think "why don't they just build over the railway" but even taking that massive issue away, as well as any land ownership issues - and strip it back to the not-really-but-folk-think-they-are little things that get missed - you're left with a massive task of building more than just seats for fans. Power, data lines, fecking air conditioning in the private rooms, offices, shared spaces, plumbing, fire exits, health and safety for everything including the blooming door handles. Selling food? Need a gas line now, and talking to those cnuts will take as long as it takes to get BT to even decide to send two blokes in a van to link you to whatever sad hub they call a data center. And then six months down the line all the previous plans need to be scrapped because someone high up doesn't like the layout for the cheese room.

Do a lot of work with the Estates team at my job and, holy shit, I thought my job was difficult. Those folk are fecking machines.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Feck upgrading the away dressing room. Downgrade them and make teams miserable. Something cosy like this...

With pristine toilet facilities...

Loads of NFL teams play mind games with their away locker rooms. Some of them have really narrow spaces, some have too few lockers in the room so players don’t have enough spaces etc.

The Broncos have a carpet fitted in their away locker room that’s almost like a magic eye design, intended to make people feel a kind of motion sickness.

Revaulx

It wouldn’t do much. Sadly.
Really?

A new roof that didn’t leak, provided improved sight lines and gave the stadium a more unified look wouldn’t cost a vast amount but would give the appearance of the stadium a massive lift.

I’m pretty sure that any increase in capacity would absolutely cost more than £500 million, but other than bragging rights with Spurs I’m not sure that’s particularly important. A modest increase in match day income is hardly going to transform the club.

stw2022

Given the club uses other non-football events as a revenue stream, making one dressing room a shithole probably isn’t the best idea

DickDastardly

Loads of NFL teams play mind games with their away locker rooms. Some of them have really narrow spaces, some have too few lockers in the room so players don’t have enough spaces etc.

The Broncos have a carpet fitted in their away locker room that’s almost like a magic eye design, intended to make people feel a kind of motion sickness.
Talk about fair play eh.

I'm all for spicing the away locker room water supplies with laxatives and roofies...

First they shit themselves then we....wait, am i doing this right?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Some football teams have pegs too high so oppositions players might injure their back :lol:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Building over the railway line will probably be the less expensive option. Can't see them rerouting it or making it go underground.

Spoony

The People's President
Need to spend a few hundred million. Ideally they should knock it back to the bottom tier and do a Bernabeu style renovation. Will be interesting to see what architects can muster up.

hungrywing

Need to spend a few hundred million. Ideally they should knock it back to the bottom tier and do a Bernabeu style renovation. Will be interesting to see what architects can muster up.
Usual fee is 10% of total construction. #sothatswhykevinglazersoldhisshares

RUCK4444

What’s the maximum capacity we could expect to reach with a proper expansion of the south stand?

Would be brilliant if we could get 100k seats, modernise the stadium tastefully and re-establish ourselves as having the best stadium in the country.

Spoony

The People's President
What’s the maximum capacity we could expect to reach with a proper expansion of the south stand?

Would be brilliant if we could get 100k seats, modernise the stadium tastefully and re-establish ourselves as having the best stadium in the country.
They'll probably do exec boxes...I can't see them expanding over the railway line.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

In theory if it replicated the north stand you'd get around 95k total capacity, if I remember right.

hungrywing

This isn't going to happen is it, Hungry?
Methinks you know the answer to that, Spoondog. Sadfaceemoji

Rough estimate, what you posted about - reduce to single tier and commence, plus assuming a general level of ‘modern’ quality - would cost between 800m to 1.4bn-ish. Or for simplicity’s sake around the amount that they’ve ‘taken out of the club’. Cryinginglazeremoji.

Spoony

The People's President
Methinks you know the answer to that, Spoondog. Sadfaceemoji

Rough estimate, what you posted about - reduce to single tier and commence, plus assuming a general level of ‘modern’ quality - would cost between 800m to 1.4bn-ish. Or for simplicity’s sake around the amount that they’ve ‘taken out of the club’. Cryinginglazeremoji.
I think they'll fill the South Stand up with exec boxes, anything else will cost them too much.

RUCK4444

In theory if it replicated the north stand you'd get around 95k total capacity, if I remember right.
Nice. Needs to be done, squeeze in some more safe standing and knock it up to 100k.

The roof needs changing as well, I notice somebody mentioned it's part of the structure, I hope they can change that as well as it detracts from the aesthetic of the stadium. Needs to really be stripped back and the tiers built up all around, then put a new 'designer' roof on top :D . That's the way to go but would take a long time and put the stadium out of action for too long wouldn't it?

diarm

Build over the railway line and mimic the North Stand.
Fill in the last two corners.
Raise and restructure the roof.
Put toilet seats in the ladies jacks.

Done.

Let's not overcomplicate this and come up with something that screams "compensating for a tiny penis" like Spurs have done.

Yik

Been a bit of rain about today. Not looking forward to the inevitably leaky roof tonight!

hungrywing

Build over the railway line and mimic the North Stand.
Fill in the last two corners.
Raise and restructure the roof.
Put toilet seats in the ladies jacks.

Done.

Let's not overcomplicate this and come up with something that screams "compensating for a tiny penis" like Spurs have done.
That'd only be around 200-300m.

Roughly speaking it's around 2000-3000 pounds per seat to build a 'top-tier' sporting venue. It costs more/towards the higher end of that range to refurb/deal with existing construction.

Spoony

The People's President
That'd only be around 200-300m.

Roughly speaking it's around 2000-3000 pounds per seat to build a 'top-tier' sporting venue. It costs more/towards the higher end of that range to refurb/deal with existing construction.
I think that it could cost.more because of the railway line.