Ole’s farewell interview

He'sRaldo

forever and always, despicable the way the club has treated him imho.

You are our Solksjaer! Our Olé Solksjaer…

Honestly will miss him being at the club but it’s been apparent he should of gone after the scousers ripped us a new one
There's no world in which the club treated him despicably. He's got to live his dream, grossly unqualified and for far longer than he should have.

His employers treated him better and gave him more chances than 99% of other employers would.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There's no world in which the club treated him despicably. He's got to live his dream, grossly unqualified and for far longer than he should have.

His employers treated him better and gave him more chances than 99% of other employers would.
Probably

however it’s also clear that a section of our fans are spoilt to put it nicely

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I know I'm late to the party one this one, but that was pretty cringe and sad to watch, and also a very good metaphor or why he never had a shot at United to begin with. When you hear more and more of how he "managed" the team, you have to wonder how in the hell has he stayed at the club this long, and what does that say about the leadership here? This is not a club that is trying to win at all costs, and they are woefully unprepared to compete with City, Chelsea, and Liverpool when it comes to putting out the best efforts for trophies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't get most of the reactions. There's nothing cringey, embarrassing or humilliating about it.

Ole has always been an optimistic and selfless Mr. Nice Guy. WYSIWYG really. The whole "friends" parts certainly shows he lacked as a manager the killer instinct he had when finishing a chance or running the length of the pitch to take out Rob Lee.

That served him well with the main challenges faced initially, but ultimately has been found lacking other tools in his locker.

I've no doubt he wasn't coerced/talked into this but see it as consistent with his character, his love for the club and its fans, that he would have wanted to have that interview (and only that one, as opposed to those before him mouthing off at every turn).

Lovely chap, absolute legend as a player, and it was only a couple of months ago that we were still racking up an unbeaten run record.

Luck run out though, our lack of press resistance got exacerbated this season and fully exploited. Not holding my breath for what the least press-resistant #6 I've seen can do about that.

Rusholme Ruffian

I'm not sure what you think Oles employment contract says, but I can guarantee you it does not contain a section about termination PR interview and lie about its intent.

The severance package is exclusively linked to the terms of his contract as the terms of termination.

The only way your theory works is if the arrangement was made mutual on the stipulation that Ole attends a interview. For that to happen there would have to be: Everyone lies. Ole lies. The club lies. Journalists lie. For very little gain.

Like, what's even the point? Its not plausible, and has no evidence to back it up.
What's the point? To get people talking with misty eyed nostalgia about good old Ole, rather than questioning why the board didn't sack him when it was clear he was a dead man walking 2 weeks ago, leaving 2 must win games for our CL and league hopes being overseen by Michael Carrick. Y'know, standard PR obfuscation.

You're making out like it would be a massive lie, but it could have been as simple as the club saying: "it would be good for both parties if you put out a statement, a video would be most powerful, and are you happy for us to say it was your idea so it doesn't look like we're pushing you into doing it?". Really not the crazy conspiracy theory that you're trying to make it out to be, just standard PR stuff. And at no time have I said that this is definitely what has happened, just that I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

No biggie whatsoever.

stevoc

What’s wrong with making friends at work?

Give the guy a break ffs
Oh haven't you heard?

Serious managers at other clubs, you know serious clubs don't make friends. They don't even talk about to other humans about anything other than winning. In fact every minute of every day, every waking thought is used to concentrate only on winning. There's no time for anything else.

MasterCode

The revisionist history thing going on is really weird. I'm seeing people say he shouldve been fired last season.

It's funny you would think this seasons fallout has been every one of Ole's seasons. The guy got 3rd and a Semi Final and then Second and a Final.

The year we won Europa with Jose; we finished 6th, I remember that season; personally for me it was worse than any of Ole's period seasons.

IDGAF about Europa, talk about lowering standards. Those petty cups say little about your clubs progression. The league is your bread and butter and up until this season he done well.

edgecutter

The fact that he talks about making friends just explains why he made a mess of his tenure.

His favouritism and his lack of seeing the disjointed displays due to inexperienced coaching put him in the situation we find ourselves today. 400 million spent and nowhere near winning a trophy.

I like ole, but he was a horrendous manager who would have been sacked at least 3 times by any major European club.

Rusholme Ruffian

:lol:

You have an 8 year old?

Jesus you are way older than I'd imagined.
Yep, born in Altrincham, first visit to Old Trafford in 1986. Season ticket holder for 12 years until the Glazers came in. That's why I tend to put the club first rather than fawn over 'legends' like a teenage girl.

Have fun cry-wanking into your Ole duvet while the rest of us look forward to a new start with someone who hasn't been massively over-promoted into a job just to protect Woodward and The Glazers from proper scrutiny.

Halftrack

You're making out like it would be a massive lie, but it could have been as simple as the club saying: "it would be good for both parties if you put out a statement, a video would be most powerful, and are you happy for us to say it was your idea so it doesn't look like we're pushing you into doing it?". Really not the crazy conspiracy theory that you're trying to make it out to be, just standard PR stuff. And at no time have I said that this is definitely what has happened, just that I wouldn't be surprised if it is.
No, it's just fecking dumb and makes no sense whatsoever.
Yep, born in Altrincham, first visit to Old Trafford in 1986. Season ticket holder for 12 years until the Glazers came in. That's why I tend to put the club first rather than fawn over 'legends' like a teenage girl.

Have fun cry-wanking into your Ole duvet while the rest of us look forward to a new start with someone who hasn't been massively over-promoted into a job just to protect Woodward and The Glazers from proper scrutiny.
Wow, you're the toppest red.

Fecking bizzarre brag. He asked about your age not your biography, you weirdo.

Rusholme Ruffian

No, it's just fecking dumb and makes no sense whatsoever.
Care to explain why it makes no sense?

Fecking bizzarre brag. He asked about your age not your biography, you weirdo.
Not a brag at all. He didn't ask my age, we know exactly what he was implying in his post. Anyway, who the feck are you, his carer? :lol:

Halftrack

Care to explain why it makes no sense?
It's been explained to you several times, you're just too galaxy brained to understand.

Not a brag at all. He didn't ask my age, we know exactly what he was implying in his post. Anyway, who the feck are you, his carer? :lol:
Yes, he was implying that you're acting like a 12 year old. You responded with your life story and managed to make yourself look insecure on top of immature.

Good job, little fella.

RUCK4444

The revisionist history thing going on is really weird. I'm seeing people say he shouldve been fired last season.

It's funny you would think this seasons fallout has been every one of Ole's seasons. The guy got 3rd and a Semi Final and then Second and a Final.

The year we won Europa with Jose; we finished 6th, I remember that season; personally for me it was worse than any of Ole's period seasons.

IDGAF about Europa, talk about lowering standards. Those petty cups say little about your clubs progression. The league is your bread and butter and up until this season he done well.
Exactly. Good post.

Many here will pretend this season's form was the standard from the moment he arrived which is of course absolute nonsense. The major reason many stuck with him was because there was progression in the recruitment and our position in the league.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well... I, for one, am delighted to learn that Ole has made some friends. Because that's what it's all about isn't it. Making friends

Deary me
""The real trophies are friends we make along the way" - John Rambo" - Gary Neville

Roboc7

He should have been sacked every summer he was here because he was never going to be good enough. Ole is a nice guy and does love the club but that’s not going to win you anything, he wasn’t good enough to do the job he was employed to do. It was obvious he couldn’t take us any further last season, he’d done all he could do.

Club made a terrible decision appointing him, he was never going to be able to get the club to compete at the highest level. It’s a shame he wasn’t just a caretaker as would have saved everyone involved a lot of trouble.

Rusholme Ruffian

It's been explained to you several times, you're just too galaxy brained to understand.
Great answer. Clearly you're unable to explain why it 'makes no sense'.

Yes, he was implying that you're acting like a 12 year old. You responded with your life story and managed to make yourself look insecure on top of immature.
:lol: life story in a line?! You're a card.

wise_old_man

Probably

however it’s also clear that a section of our fans are spoilt to put it nicely
We stuck with Ole through 3 years with every criticism (No matter how small or legit) about him squashed down immediately. I'd say we as a fanbase are far more patient and treat him better than 99% of other fanbases.

Alive She Cried

Insane that people here are hating on him still now after he's gone. He gave everything he had and he fell short, no shame in that. His dedication and love for the club could never be questioned. He took a club on its knees, playing diarrhoea football and with youth being pushed to the side, and gave us many great moments including our first back to back top four finishes since Fergie left. Look at how Rashford and Shaw have thrived since he came in, he gave more debuts than the three previous managers combined.

Yes, things have fallen apart this season, and it was clear he had to move on, but this wasn't like with the previous managers where they'd "lost" the dressing room, he simply is not an elite manager. But he will always be a club legend.

Reactions: Jippy

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We stuck with Ole through 3 years with every criticism (No matter how small or legit) about him squashed down immediately. I'd say we as a fanbase are far more patient and treat him better than 99% of other fanbases.
Maybe, not. There’s still a section which is toxic and went OTT with their abuse. It’s not about who has better fans, it’s about recognizing our own and calling them out on it

norm87cro

People make much of it IMO. Don't see much wrong with this interview to be frank. Going after an already sacked manager tells us a lot about this fanbase and this knee jerk reaction culture that comes along with it. LVGs last interview after the shit show against Palace (game won because of a moment of Rooneys and Lingards brilliance) was much more cringe worthy

Halftrack

Oh right, I must have missed that. But as you've already explained it to me once you can just quote the post for me can't you?
Nah, look back through the thread and find it yourself. As an added bonus, you're liable to stumble upon the other posts explaining it to you while doing so.

stevoc

:lol:

Oh, so angry. Guess that proves me wrong about you being immature.

Look forward to more of your Tinfoil hat theories mate this has been fun.

Last edited:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Love this post. My respect.

forever and always, despicable the way the club has treated him imho.

You are our Solksjaer! Our Olé Solksjaer…

Honestly will miss him being at the club but it’s been apparent he should of gone after the scousers ripped us a new one
Disgrace how the board has treated Man United. Ole has been treated better than any manager in history in regards to money and patients despite his poor cv and regular bad runs every season.

By trying to do right by Ole and not sacking him after the Liverpool, at any other club he would have been gone long before, they’ve made him suffer the further indignity of City and Watford. It’s like a boxer getting battered, clearly being done but letting it go one for an extra few rounds. But worse then that they’ve left the club in the situation where we’re going from person to person begging for an interim to save our season and there’s no guarantees we will even get out first, or 2nd, choice permanent manager in the summer.