Ole’s farewell interview

Dahmmy

nice guy
revived the culture of united, but no idea of tactics or how to use the players to maximise their talent.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He wasn't good enough, and the board left him in charge way longer than they should have, then the outpour of hate and anger was directed at him. Guy was out of his depth.

Love Ole, he is always a legend in my eyes. He had to go, but now the onus is on the board to hire a qualified manager, the best available one.

lex talionis

This is so sad, because I don't know a real United supporter who didn't want him to succeed. It really sucks and hurts to see him gone. No two ways about it. That said, there is nobody who he can blame. He isn't even a bad manager, but his stubbornness in refusing to replace a clearly inadequate coaching staff and sticking with McFred, Shaw + Maguire even when those were playing horribly was the level of favoritism and weak leadership that couldn't have ended differently. Ole is the nicest person but his "loyalty" to friends and favorites ruined the chance of the lifetime he got. Pretty insane that he would allow this.
My thoughts as well. Ole scraped us off the bottom that José put us in, but the favoritism he showed players who were clearly underperforming was his undoing. As for the interview, it’s best that we forget about it and move on.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Although i wanted him out at the end but that interview was still tough watch for me. It just didnt work out and he at least parted ways amicably.

JonnyIreland

So he has made some friends... well done. Now let's have someone who wants to win trophies and not friends
Sadly this is correct… he’s a great fella, but the job was not about making friends. Best of luck to him and I even hope that he can stay connected to the club in some other role, but we need an actual manager next time.

Stretfordender

Absolute legend in my eyes for what he did on the pitch and not only UCL 99 but all the other goals and last minute winners.

The club is rotten to the core and that rot started in 2005 or whatever it was, when those parasites got their grubby hands on our club. The manager’s role Is a poison chalice and with those cockroaches at the helm it’ll be repeat and rinse in two years time.

Hold your head up high Ole, we all know you gave your best for the club at all times and had our best interest at heart not like these parasites who are interested in one thing and that’s profit. Ole you’re better of out of this circus.

Always a legend - LUFHG.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
That question doesn't prove he's built a good squad. Just because it's slightly less shit than his predecessors doesn't make it good. The fact your trying to shut down this down by setting arbitrary reasons suggest deep down you know I'm right.
Quit moving goal posts. The question was is the squad better than what he inherited. The answer is yes no matter how much mental gymnastics you want to perform.

Banat

Load of PR bullshit. I feel a bit sorry for Ole for being put in such an awkward position (a written statement would have been fine), but no doubt it is part of his severance package which he will have agreed to in return for lots and lots of undeserved money.
This 100%.
Can't get too sentimental knowing entire interview is probably staged as part of his severance package.
Thanks for everything, time to move on.
Better work on capable interim than wasting time on this PR bs.

skc_18

Every one at the club loved him and so did the fans. It’s a very disappointing outcome but it is on the club. They should have got a new manager in the summer and convinced Ole to be DOF.
I understand us fans not able to see that he is not good enough but baffled how people at the top missed that after failure of many finals.

BlueHaze

Agreed, forums are like this, it is what it is, and I’m entitled to voice my opinion as well. These dregs of society deserve to be called out and put in their proper place now. I can only imagine what would happen if some of these went round Salford spouting that. They’d get a proper knock that their parents failed to give. Well deserved, too.
Of course, I'm not saying anything otherwise so if there was a misunderstanding sorry.

My point still stands though. Don't let what people say on a forum antagonize you so much that you become agressive. Just relax and let mods deal with them if they need to be dealt with. :)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What did you mean by this then is you agree his squad building hasn't been that great?
Exactly what I said. That the squad today is better than the one he inherited.

It is one that should challenge for the title with a good enough manager. Doesn't mean the squad doesn't have issues. The one he inherited was nowhere near being able to title challenge. So this squad is certainly much better.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This is really hard to watch, especially the full version. Looks devastated and understandably so. Hopefully he'll feel better soon.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Personally think it's a nice touch from the club.

He even mentions that he plans to do zero interviews or talking to the press after. So he wanted to do this now, and go straight back to being a fan from afar.
I'd say that it's a nice touch from Ole, not from the club. He's the one doing the (emotionally) heavy lifting as well as making sure that the club looks as good as possible coming out of this whole ordeal.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Load of PR bullshit. I feel a bit sorry for Ole for being put in such an awkward position (a written statement would have been fine), but no doubt it is part of his severance package which he will have agreed to in return for lots and lots of undeserved money.
This 100%.
Can't get too sentimental knowing entire interview is probably staged as part of his severance package.
Thanks for everything, time to move on.
Better work on capable interim than wasting time on this PR bs.
It was Ole’s decision to do an interview. Stop looking for excuses to slate the club.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Hard watch this.

If the goal of this is to make me feel sad and extremely uncomfortable - mission accomplished. I get the man wanted to say his goodbyes but my god, seeing him like this, red-eyed from crying, and almost/kind of crying...I don't know.

Get over it quickly, Ole, you'll always be loved by the fans.

Kwasetombola

Ole will always be a legend for me for that goal and all the other amazing memories over the years. The club are now a heritage brand being bled by parasites who will discard the husk when it is finished off. Take the money out of it and it is sick how Ole was used as a human shield for the clubs failings it is a great shame that he did not leave after the PSG game as he would be even more of a legend for all time. The last two weeks have been an utter farce and I feel sick about where we are at the moment which is about ten years behind our rivals and going backwards fast.

hn4united

This farewell interview just shows how nice of a person Ole is and in a way a pushover who the upper management and owner wanted. They would have loved for it all to have worked out. They absolutely wanted a yes man who they can do whatever they want to.

They sacked him and still see no issue with asking him to do the interview. They have no care for what that means to Ole. He has basically been asked to bend over.

The one positive I see for Ole is that he has chance to get back on the good side of many fans with that interview. Having said all that, I don’t feel too bad for Ole because i’m sure he’s paid handsomely from the sacking having just signed an extension.

0161_UNITED

Of course, I'm not saying anything otherwise so if there was a misunderstanding sorry.

My point still stands though. Don't let what people say on a forum antagonize you so much that you become agressive. Just relax and let mods deal with them if they need to be dealt with. :)
Fair play and absolutely agree. Bit tough to sit and watch that video though, and then see some of the responses - and not have an aggressive response. Maybe just that's me, but I highly doubt I was alone. There's been some proper nutters posting toxicity for months on end on here, and I feel thoroughly vindicated in finally speaking my mind. He's not the manager anymore, if anyone wants to carry on with that now and twist the knife, it's beyond the pale, beyond annoying, and deserves to be called out. I only wish I could've posted more honestly about what I think of those posts, but we all know that'd be my last post.

There was a time when people like Weaste used to kick the door open in a thread, and call people out for being bang out of out of order. We can't do that anymore, and I understand why, times have changed - but don't bloody expect me to just stand idly by. If they want me to go, I'll take it gladly - but some people on here need a proper sorting out - and honestly, I feel really sad for them.

Last edited:

VidaMata

This is pathetic conduct from the club. Just sacked him but interview him to talk about how great the club is etc etc.

This is the exact sort of mawkish behaviour I would have expected from Liverpool a decade ago.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Ole asked for the interview.

Red_Aaron

What a bizarre set up and situation to be put in. id really rather he hadn't obliged tbh but that's Ole in a nutshell I suppose, always happy to put himself second to the clubs wishes

I've enjoyed his tenure much more than any of the other post saf appointments. Absolute legend

Hope he gets to enjoy his break and then find a good club for his next challenge

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
A club legend and always will be. Love the man and I hate what the club have become and the entirely shit situation they have put us in. We are not out of the woods yet, the clearing isn't even visible yet.

Can7onA

I feel so fecking sorry for him, he just wasn't up to the job in the end and it is time to move on. That doesn't diminish his legacy in my eyes. He brought a good feeling back to the team and that was sadly lacking in recent years.

Time for a clear out properly as well, staff and some players.

Josep Dowling

Not nice to see the guy choked up but I find the decision to allow an interview of a sacked manager an odd one. A man out of his depth and unfortunately had to deal with fan abuse at the end, which could have been avoided had the club acted properly. A sad state of affairs all round.

MoskvaRed

Ole seems a genuinely good guy but I just wish he had not been put in this position after the initial stint as caretaker. It’s one of the reasons I don’t want anymore managers or coaches with United (specifically Fergie-era) connections. Wish him all the best and it’s not his fault he was set a task that he was not qualified to perform.

The Hilton

Fair play and absolutely agree. Bit tough to sit and watch that video though, and then see some of the responses - and not have an aggressive response. Maybe just that's me, but I highly doubt I was alone. There's been some proper nutters posting toxicity for months on end on here, and I feel thoroughly vindicated in finally speaking my mind. He's not the manager anymore, if anyone wants to carry on with that now it's beyond the pale, beyond annoying, and deserves to be called out. I only wish I could've posted more honestly about what I think of those posts, but we all know that'd be my last post.
The vitriol towards Ole and this video in particular has exposed how unconnected a lot of people on this forum are to the club. A lot of plasticity.

Ole is a legend, who clearly loves the club deeply, and people jumping for joy and trying to get in their "I told you so" comments over what is a sad situation, or those claiming he doesn't care about he club, especially after watching the video, simply don't have a particularly strong connection to the club.

Can7onA

Ole seems a genuinely good guy but I just wish he had not been put in this position after the initial stint as caretaker. It’s one of the reasons I don’t want anymore managers or coaches with United (specifically Fergie-era) connections. Wish him all the best and it’s not his fault he was set a task that he was not qualified to perform.
Agreed :)

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I find the interview very weird...but watching it, yeah that was tough to watch as a fan of Ole the player.

0161_UNITED

The vitriol towards Ole and this video in particular has exposed how unconnected a lot of people on this forum are to the club. A lot of plasticity.

Ole is a legend, who clearly loves the club deeply, and people jumping for joy and trying to get in their "I told you so" comments over what is a sad situation, or those claiming he doesn't care about he club, especially after watching the video, simply don't have a particularly strong connection to the club.
That's the way I feel too, mate. Beyond time more than a few of us start to take this narrative back.

::sonny::

It's incredible, crying at the end

Nobody can say anything about him as a human being and top red heart

But in this sport, or business in general, decision have to be taken not considering the emotional aspect

AndySmith1990

It's quite nice to see a goodbye video like that; it shows class from both sides, albeit sad to see him emotional and hurting now the dream is over. Anyway, it's closure and everybody can move on in an amicable way with no hard feelings.