Ole anger with Lingard

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Probably a storm in a teacup but having watched the video, the guy giving the running commentary is a tool and the whole thing is puerile. I know footballers aren't Einstein but they come across as nine year olds:
  • Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will issue a warning to Jesse Lingard after he posted a crude video on social media.

Bwuk

I highly doubt Ole will care. Far too much is being made of this.

Wonder if the club issued a warning when Rooney was shagging prostitutes, or when Giggs was shagging his brothers wife. Heaven forbid Jesse film a stupid video.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I wonder if it's only just now that Ole comes to realisation that he's got to work with a bunch of clowns.

Jinn

Which video is this and where can I view it?

dove

Ole angry? Would pay to see that.

Wonder if the club issued a warning when Rooney was shagging prostitutes, or when Giggs was shagging his brothers wife. Heaven forbid Jesse film a stupid video.
He posts at least 1 stupid video per day. Do you think it doesn't affect our brand? If I was a sponsor of United I would never want to see idiots like Lingard doing shit like that. It seems we are the only club in the world tolerating this crap, imagine having clowns like Jesse in the dressing room...

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Lingard's value on the pitch isn't worth half the trouble he's bringing on himself trying to be edgy and cool. Fergie would have put him on a donkey and pointed him towards Everton already.

pablotatt

A stupid video?

I've never seen a high profile role model post anything like that before.

If I posted something like that, my job would be at risk.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He posts at least 1 stupid video per day. Do you think it doesn't affect our brand? If I was a sponsor of United I would never want to see idiots like Lingard doing shit like that. It seems we are the only club in the world tolerating this crap, imagine having clowns like Jesse in the dressing room...
Good point.
Sponsors are not going to be happy with the association.
Lingard is just an absolute twat!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just sell him to Brighton or something. That's his level after all.

Pace Abuser

Basically a half wit who's been given money and fame and has rolled his turd of a brain in glitter with it and this is the result.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Aye. If Ole or the coaches, who are in by far the best position to pass judgement, think his mind genuinely is slipping off football and United then he needs a warning. Fans and those outside of the club have every right to pass comment on the daftness of the videos and their concerns about the state of the current squad but personal abuse and the likes of 'put him on the transfer list' from Holloway are well over the top.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Worth saying xisimon said this back in May

Lingard on thin ice. Work rate isn’t a problem, end product is. People at the club feel like he’s focusing on his brand rather than improving as a footballer and some are actually quite annoyed at him. Coaches are emphasising that he’s 26 and not in the same «young» bracket as Rashford, for example.

SocccerNomics

Ole is right to be angry with Lingard. Sure, go on holiday and have fun but keep it off social media.
Lingard went backwards last season and looked more interested in building his brand than getting fit and improving his game.
Video’s like this leave me thinking he’s one of the problems in our dressing room...

Varun

Staff
He's a grade A idiot. Needs to be fecked off, not given extensions.

lysglimt

Scout
I just don't get the fuzz. It's childish, a really lousy attempt at humour...but that is all it is.

red4ever 79

Ole will likely call Ed and ask him if he is allowed to say anything to Linz.

Ed will likely fine Ole and give Linz a new contract

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's young, he makes mistakes. I'm sure Ole will take that into consideration.
He'll be 27 in 6 months time and been a professional footballer at the highest level for 5/6 years. He aint young anymore

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Report is bullshit. Ole is on holiday. How do they know?

Dante

Average bang
How dare Lingard have a different sense of humour from a bunch of weirdos on an Internet Forum?!?!?!

I have no problem with his social media content in general (at least the stuff I see here since I don't subscribe to anything).

But you have to remember that it's intended for a particular medium and a particular audience. If you took his Tinder profile and posted it in the Redcafe Football Forum, of course it'll look out of place and ill judged to those viewing it out-of-context. Hell, take any scene out of Anchor Man or some similar movie and it'll look just as weird.

In the case of Lingard's posts on Instagram, he's playing to the gallery. I do, however, understand why the last video has raised a few hackles. The sexual element wasn't the best choice given his followers are mostly kids. It wasn't him doing the act, but it was irresponsible of him to keep in.

The reaction to Lingard's social media is really just a way to vent against him not being world class. That's not the guy's fault, though. He always tries his best and he never moans. There's nothing he can do about how much talent he has. Blame LvG for promoting him, Mourinho and Ole for playing him, and Woodward for not buying an upgrade.

Raw

There's absolutely nothing wrong with footballers posting videos from their holidays, but Jesse needs to understand that he represents Manchester United and he can't show himself being a complete feckwit to the world. Tone it down and keep videos like that off social media. If he truly meant to save it without posting it then fair enough, but it seems like a bit of a cop out excuse.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This would never have occurred in the Roy Keane era. He must be turning in his grave.

Jinn

He's young, he makes mistakes. I'm sure Ole will take that into consideration.
He's not young anymore, he just hangs around with people younger than him (Rash).
He's just a man with a lot of money and zero maturity.

Dante

Average bang
Report is bullshit. Ole is on holiday. How do they know?
Take a temperature gauge from Reddit and the Caf, then distill the most talked about topics into an article that provides confirmation bias to the unwashed masses.

It was ever thus.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Young adult uses words everyone in Britain uses. News at 11.

On that note: As a representative of Manchester United, not the best idea to post this. I don't care about us seeing it, no one here should be remotely offended by the language, then I assume you too never curse and talk shite with your mates.

What Lingard should be is a good rolemodel for the children that are fans of the club, and with that in mind he falls short of that standard with this video.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He'll be 27 in 6 months time and been a professional footballer at the highest level for 5/6 years. He aint young anymore
He's not young anymore, he just hangs around with people younger than him (Rash).
He's just a man with a lot of money and zero maturity.
You both realise I said that tongue in cheek right? It's a long-running joke that he's managed to camouflage himself as a youngster.