Ole anger with Lingard

Red00012

We’ve booed Fellaini and he’s gone , Pogba’s got abuse and said he wants to leave should we start booing Sanchez , Lingard, Young and Jones ?

Red For Ever

How dare Lingard have a different sense of humour from a bunch of weirdos on an Internet Forum?!?!?!

I have no problem with his social media content in general (at least the stuff I see here since I don't subscribe to anything).

But you have to remember that it's intended for a particular medium and a particular audience. If you took his Tinder profile and posted it in the Redcafe Football Forum, of course it'll look out of place and ill judged to those viewing it out-of-context. Hell, take any scene out of Anchor Man or some similar movie and it'll look just as weird.

In the case of Lingard's posts on Instagram, he's playing to the gallery. I do, however, understand why the last video has raised a few hackles. The sexual element wasn't the best choice given his followers are mostly kids. It wasn't him doing the act, but it was irresponsible of him to keep in.

The reaction to Lingard's social media is really just a way to vent against him not being world class. That's not the guy's fault, though. He always tries his best and he never moans. There's nothing he can do about how much talent he has. Blame LvG for promoting him, Mourinho and Ole for playing him, and Woodward for not buying an upgrade.
He has a Tinder profile ??

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't find him funny whatsoever and find him very childish but I don't get what he is supposed to have done wrong. He's having a laugh on holiday with mates.

He's not being offensive (unless you're the softest of snowflakes), abusive, racist or anything like that. He's just being a prat and he's entitled to be one if he wants. He's not hurting anyone.

I hate the hysteria football players cause. Let the lad have a holiday and relax ffs.

McUnited

Lingard’s clownish antics are not those which I imagine any parent would want their child to emulate. He is no role model and I suspect that, for many, his behaviour is not the kind expected from a professional athlete who is a representative of what is supposed to be one of the great teams in the world.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
A bit of an OTT reaction in my opinion. I mean he is a childish boring little shit who only plays for our club because of outdated notions of needing local lads but people are acting like he's dragging our name through the mud being abusive etc.
Which is all based on his lack of footballing ability, if prime Evra put out this video he wouldn't get half as much hate. I don't want him playing for my club either but jeez.

Snafu17

*According to the Daily Mail. You really should provide a source in the OP.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
You could almost accept stupid behaviour if his performances on the pitch were amazing. As it is, he's just an overpaid clown that contributes almost nothing to our team and certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He’s not funny and comes across as trying too hard. I actually think he knows a lot of people dislike him and now he occasionally rubs things in his ‘haters’ faces.

Again I ask, has he committed a criminal offence? No... yet such personal outrage to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tenpoless

You could almost accept stupid behaviour if his performances on the pitch were amazing. As it is, he's just an overpaid clown that contributes almost nothing to our team and certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.
Exactly. Neymar is probably the biggest cnut in world of football but He's so good that He can afford acting like one and still have clubs bending over for his signature.

Lingard on the other hand, has done feck all. No top clubs would sign him, let alone bending over for him. I'll be shocked if Everton wants him. I'd rather sign younger talents myself. He'll be 27 next year, this is most likely his top level.

Last edited:

manuchamp88

A bit of an OTT reaction in my opinion. I mean he is a childish boring little shit who only plays for our club because of outdated notions of needing local lads but people are acting like he's dragging our name through the mud being abusive etc.
Which is all based on his lack of footballing ability, if prime Evra put out this video he wouldn't get half as much hate. I don't want him playing for my club either but jeez.
At least Evra had the decency to wait until he'd left before giving oral to a raw chicken :lol:

Lynty

26/27 doesn't change much does it? He's still far from a teenager and doesn't have much time left to mature as the poster I replied to mentioned.
Come on mate, he was obviously making a joke

Velvet Revolver

Lately all our actions have been in present continuous.

United 'thinking' of hiring a new DoF
United 'will' prepare a bid
Ole 'will' issue warning ...

Just do it! Oh wait we are not sponsored by Nike anymore that makes a lot of sense.

TRUERED89

27 year olds are immature as feck. You’ll realise that when you look back on your younger self in another 10 or 20 years time.
No they're not, JLingz is immature, I'm 29 and have never acted like him in my life, whether he's a millionaire or not that is not an excuse. People have kids, houses, mortgages, careers younger than 27, its just individual immaturity from JLingz. Plenty of people in their 20's are much more astute and grown up compared to some of these footballers. Probably because they have to face real life hardships, and are not in a millionaire footballer bubble, sheltered from any real problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ødegaard

thesheriffjw

The video is very immature, especially when you consider his age, club, and his international profile.

He needs bringing down a peg or two.

Hes one of a number of players at the club who think they can do as they please.

Red_toad

A stupid video?

I've never seen a high profile role model post anything like that before.

If I posted something like that, my job would be at risk.
You need to trawl the web far more. There's heaps of shite out there that is far far worse. Taking drugs, doing crude stuff with persons of the opposite sex etc etc etc. But it's a United player who a lot of fans don't like and lets make out like he's done the most obscene thing ever :lol:.
Jesse is an immature prat, but harmless.

Hawks2008

Wow, Ole must be another Old man yelling at clouds. He just doesn't get it!! I love that Lingz is winding him up :lol::lol:

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

27 year olds are immature as feck. You’ll realise that when you look back on your younger self in another 10 or 20 years time.
As senior players at Manchester United at the age of 27, I'm sure Keane, Vidic, Beckham, Neville etc were just as immature.

There's no problem having fun on holiday with your mates but he's a professional footballer for one of the biggest teams in the world that just seen their 2 biggest rivals win the big prizes - just have some level of awareness. It's not like he's just had the season of his life.

He did an interview with MUTV recently and said the history of the club runs through him, or words to that affect - it clearly doesn't.

The munich memorial last year he was sniggering with Rashford - no f*cking respect whatsoever.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Cut the shit Pogue, no 27 year olds are that fecking immature. I'm a year younger than this idiot, I've got friends my age of all types of backgrounds, nobody is this cringe and thick, whether they have cash or not. Just no.

Nobody is asking him to be giving lectures at universities, solving cancer cure or build schools in Africa. Just not be a total moron which is obviously way above his pay grade (hehe) by the looks of it. His behaviour resembles that of my students who are 17 and 18, it really does speak volumes.

SER19

I imagine the story is bullshit but lingard really is an odious character.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Lately all our actions have been in present continuous.

United 'thinking' of hiring a new DoF
United 'will' prepare a bid
Ole 'will' issue warning ...

Just do it! Oh wait we are not sponsored by Nike anymore that makes a lot of sense.
:lol:

The trouble is presenting situations as 'thinking of', 'are about to prepare', 'will happen soon' etc. is the stock-in-trade for football journalists and ITK wankers on twitter, as they can speculate any manner of rubbish from possible transfer to what Ole's having for his breakfast on a given morning knowing they will not have to explain in detail why what they reported didn't happen.

Proposing certain possibilities and discussing them amongst ourselves on the forum in good humour can be fun way to pass the time during the off season but I'd advise against taking any of this social media slurry seriously when so much of it is disseminated in bad faith by people who are uninterested in informing fans of real events.

Ole90+3

No they're not, JLingz is immature, I'm 29 and have never acted like him in my life, whether he's a millionaire or not that is not an excuse. People have kids, houses, mortgages, careers younger than 27, its just individual immaturity from JLingz plenty of people in their 20's are much more astute and grown up compared to some of these footballers. Probably because they have to face real life hardships, and are not in a millionaire footballer bubble, sheltered from any real problems.
Hear, hear

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No they're not, JLingz is immature, I'm 29 and have never acted like him in my life, whether he's a millionaire or not that is not an excuse. People have kids, houses, mortgages, careers younger than 27, its just individual immaturity from JLingz plenty of people in their 20's are much more astute and grown up compared to some of these footballers. Probably because they have to face real life hardships, and are not in a millionaire footballer bubble, sheltered from any real problems.
You've never been on holiday with your mates? Never acted the fool in front of them? People do silly things who cares!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
As a fairly immature 29 year old myself, I think he acts like someone under 20.

I don't buy it when some say that he knows his market. That's not appealing to most United fans.
I couldn't imagine sharing that as a professional footballer looking to get a foothold in a team. Nor do I buy that he's just another young lad doing young lad things. Make a private account for just your mates if so.

That being said, it's not that bad. Just a poor show in my opinion.