Ole anger with Lingard

Reddy Rederson

Yeah you see Adidas pulling away from our next shirt deal because Lingard acted like a tool whilst on a holiday? :houllier:
Its never going to be one thing, but you know that. Its not been one thing. This is yet another social media blunder for jlingz, only difference is that he cant blame his "staff" this time.

That video is just another tool to vent at Lingard because he's crap on the pitch. Literally no one from our corporate environment will care about it.

Footballers also have private life and can do whatever they want with their lives, especially when on holiday.
Maybe he should keep it private then and stop making it public?

Bwuk

It is these kind of posts that really grate me. You do realize that whatever Giggs or Rooney were doing, it was part of their private lives, that became public accidentally, they didn't intend the whole world to know about it. Lingard does this intentionally, he wants the whole world to see it. Everyone does stupid things but it is going out of your way to broadcast this stupidity to the whole world is what's the issue here.
The video that’s causing the main outroar was on his private snapchat and got leaked. Private.

kiristao

I completely agree what someone does on their personal time is their business but that is the case for regular people like us. Not for celebrities like Lingard.
With fame comes responsibility and he needs to think twice before he posts stuff. No one is stopping him from enjoying himself. Don't go posting it online. It might not sound fair but that's the price celebrities have to pay.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lingard's value on the pitch isn't worth half the trouble he's bringing on himself trying to be edgy and cool. Fergie would have put him on a donkey and pointed him towards Everton already.
Yea totally agree. Ferguson would never have accepted his behaviour.

Reddy Rederson

I understand that but he’s a footballer not a solicitor. The club puts loads of daft shite out on social media
I dont remember the club ever putting out a video about their board rooms having seen "a lot of action". I dont remember seeing woody going from room to room and catching judge humping a photocopier? Theres shit, and then theres shit. Jlingz needs to keep his shit private.

nycender

Just not a single player at our club i truly like. Sick of these cnuts

Robbie Boy

If my boss told me what I could or couldn't do on holiday when I'm not even representing the business, I'd tell him to feck off.
You must have a weird job. I know in my company if we choose to display where we work on social media, we are therefore accepting that we are representing the company and will face consequences if we act like bell ends on said social media.

AshRK

I don't think many people would care if he was a real top player for us.

Let's face it, we regularly sing songs about United legends who are, variously, wife-beaters, alcoholics (those first two are probs linked to be fair!), granny shaggers, familial adulterers.

The fact that he's not up to United standard, and he's making videos like this is what is really pissing people off.
You are right maybe many won't have cared much if Lingard was delivering on the pitch but even then the past players like Rooney were criticised for partying and getting drunk. What I find real issue with Lingard is he is popularizing his image at the expense of United. He is acting like he is this gen's Beckham when he is not, he is trying to become the role model for the youngsters at our club when he should stay away from them.

I may be wrong but he comes across as the guy who does not have a winning mentality. He will be that guy who after a loss would say to teammates, that's fine let us cheer up and play FIFA. It's not a surprise people call him a man child. Again not saying he is a bad human being, he could be a great person to hang out with but trust me if we were running a company and aspiring to reach very top, we won't hire a guy like Lingard.

van Nistelrooy

Can't stand the creature.

I'm all for players enjoying themselves (even if they hardly deserve it), but limit what you put on to social media and never publish absolute garbage like he has been doing.

We know you're a childish idiot. We don't need it thrown in our faces. I never look at Lingard's social media feeds, but how can you avoid it when the media are even covering it.

Manchester United will never get close to being a force again, unless they get the poision like this out! Someone like Lingard will never change.

Enigma_87

You know who
But obviously fans care about it, especially when seeing their club fall from grace. Surely you'd take that into consideration if you played for United? I know I would.

Maybe he should share it on his private Instagram.
They care about it because he's shit on the pitch. You don't see many complaining about Evra constant social media exposure do you?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You are right maybe many won't have cared much if Lingard was delivering on the pitch but even then the past players like Rooney were criticised for partying and getting drunk. What I find real issue with Lingard is he is popularizing his image at the expense of United. He is acting like he is this gen's Beckham when he is not, he is trying to become the role model for the youngsters at our club when he should stay away from them.

I may be wrong but he comes across as the guy who does not have a winning mentality. He will be that guy who after a loss would say to teammates, that's fine let us cheer up and play FIFA. It's not a surprise people call him a man child. Again not saying he is a bad human being, he could be a great person to hang out with but trust me if we were running a company and aspiring to reach very top, we won't hire a guy like Lingard.
A hundred times this. How people don't seem to grasp this and still try to defend him is beyond me. Its not solely about his on-field performances, its about the image he portrays to the world.

Pace Abuser

If my boss told me what I could or couldn't do on holiday when I'm not even representing the business, I'd tell him to feck off.
But you'd drag your balls through a mile of broken glass to kiss his arse for the 100k a week that you knew you didn't deserve.

Enigma_87

You know who
So you don't think anyone at Man United will care that he is posting all this shit and making the club look even more embarrassing that they already do with the stuff going on this summer?

Don't agree with that in the slightest, if I was on holiday and I worked for one of the 5 biggest companies on the planet, I was a name known to millions who followed and purchase stuff from my company, and a video of me was posted looking like as much of a helmet as Lingard does on a monthly basis, would my firm not care and not warn me about my future conduct?

Personally think they would give a shit, but only my opinion.

If I had an employee who was a major name in my corporation who had 6 million followers and he was acting like that, he would be getting the rollocking of a lifetime.
As long as he's harming nobody I see no issues with it. Neymar is constantly on the three major social sites. You will not have him at United because he's bit of a cnut and acting childish there?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They care about it because he's shit on the pitch. You don't see many complaining about Evra constant social media exposure do you?
Was he on it that much when he played for us?
But yeah, it has a bigger effect because he's not good and the team isn't playing well. That's kinda the point. If it was me and I was fighting for a place and for the fan's respect while everyone is questioning player's attitudes at United, I'd reign it in and make sure I come across well, as would any professional I think, which is why questions are asked about him.
I don't think it's the end of the world, it just comes across as thoughtless at a time when you want them to care.

EireRed_GS

Please guys can we stop referring to him as a 'young lad' , just because he looks about 15. Hes 27.

Around 27/28 is the general age where most players reach their peak level and quite mature as players. Hes the same age as Salah, Eriksen, DeBruyne & van dijk. Hes 2 years older than Harry Kane, 3 more than bernardo silva, and all carry themselves and represent their clubs miles better. And so on.. and so on... etc

Im not too bothered about people enjoying themselves in private.. so act a muppet and get drunk with your mates all you like. just dont be an idiot & broadcast pure crap to millions and not expect a reaction.

I think my main problem is just that he is so immature and acts like such a kid. Its cringe. Like really bad.. Alot of my non United fan friends always told me they couldnt stand Lingard and i laughed it off. Kind of get where theyre coming from now.

BiggusCrickus

Sir Alex would not had stood for this kinda crap. Fergie would of layed down the law that when you sign a contract for Manchester United your representing the club 24/7 and he would of finded Lingard for this and for other stuff he has done in the past

Enigma_87

You know who
Its never going to be one thing, but you know that. Its not been one thing. This is yet another social media blunder for jlingz, only difference is that he cant blame his "staff" this time.

Maybe he should keep it private then and stop making it public?
Maybe, maybe not. I's his life especially when on vacation. When he's crap on the pitch he deservedly will get abuse on it, but again not posting on instagram will hardly make him a better footballer. I don't question his effort whilst on the pitch. He's just not that talented.

There are other people to decide if he's good enough for United or whether he should get all those money. It's not his fault we give it to him. Why shouldn't he enjoy his life when he's making ton of money?

Enigma_87

You know who
Was he on it that much when he played for us?
But yeah, it has a bigger effect because he's not good and the team isn't playing well. That's kinda the point. If it was me and I was fighting for a place and for the fan's respect while everyone is questioning player's attitudes at United, I'd reign it in and make sure I come across well, as would any professional I think, which is why questions are asked about him.
I don't think it's the end of the world, it just comes across as thoughtless at a time when you want them to care.
Yeah he was. He was streaming a lot in his later years and his level was not as it once was, but he was always a likeable chap and people found it funny and pleasing (me too as well).

He's just not that good to be United first teamer(even now), but can you question him at training really and not busting his gut when on the pitch?

Jinn

Yeah, but he is representing the club every second of the day. He wouldn't have so many social media followers if he wasn't playing for UTD, and if he didn't have them he wouldn't bother posting stupid things like that because nobody would care.

This fecker knows what he's doing, don't fool yourself into thinking he done it by mistake or innocently without thinking it through. He's riding the UTD wave.

Pace Abuser

At a juncture where the club is in dire straits and reports are surfacing the class player's are turning us down because of the environment at the club, is it too much to expect he keep all this social media shebang decent and professional? While doing what he wants out of sight.

The environment isn't emerging in a vacuum, it's pricks like Lingard that are creating that circus and when we see all this droll from him it just grates.

If he wants the "freedom to do wtf he likes" while earning handsome amounts (underservedly), then as far as I'm concerned, he loses all goodwill and the emotional connection and support that is normally inherent between player's and fans goes out of the window. So we will do wtf we like too and hound him out of the club and jeer the whole club till someone gets a grip on this "Arsenalisation" going on.

United22

That video is just another tool to vent at Lingard because he's crap on the pitch. Literally no one from our corporate environment will care about it.

Footballers also have private life and can do whatever they want with their lives, especially when on holiday.
Key word: PRIVATE

Reddy Rederson

Maybe, maybe not. I's his life especially when on vacation. When he's crap on the pitch he deservedly will get abuse on it, but again not posting on instagram will hardly make him a better footballer. I don't question his effort whilst on the pitch. He's just not that talented.

There are other people to decide if he's good enough for United or whether he should get all those money. It's not his fault we give it to him. Why shouldn't he enjoy his life when he's making ton of money?
Again, dont care what he does with his money or his life. Thats his business. But he cant expect to represent united, make things like that public, and not invite opinion. As has been said, we've had players here that have done much worse. The difference is they didnt advertise it. Jlingz keeps his shit private, and no one will be any the wiser.

Jinn

The video that’s causing the main outroar was on his private snapchat and got leaked. Private.
There is nothing private anymore, especially if you are in the spotlight. I know that, you know that, so why cant a player playing for one of the most popular clubs in the world (and his advisors) not know that?
He's just an entitled idiot who has no regard for anything but himself.

kirk buttercup

These guys live in a bubble . I remember someone ( I think it was Scholes) saying the problem with modern day footballers is they are basically millionaires before they have done anything to justify their wealth. I do find it interesting that we seem to have a culture of this at United at the moment maybe I'm Wrong but City or Liverpool or even spurs players dont seem to be carrying on the same way ? Or maybe I just have noticed .

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I highly doubt Ole will care. Far too much is being made of this.

Wonder if the club issued a warning when Rooney was shagging prostitutes, or when Giggs was shagging his brothers wife. Heaven forbid Jesse film a stupid video.
The club probably overlook such discrepancies when the players doing it are performing at the least to a bear minimum standard. Lingard needs to spend more time growing up and working on his game, and less acting like a arrogant man-child.

Enigma_87

You know who
Key word: PRIVATE
Again, dont care what he does with his money or his life. Thats his business. But he cant expect to represent united, make things like that public, and not invite opinion. As has been said, we've had players here that have done much worse. The difference is they didnt advertise it. Jlingz keeps his shit private, and no one will be any the wiser.
Read up. It was private.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah he was. He was streaming a lot in his later years and his level was not as it once was, but he was always a likeable chap and people found it funny and pleasing (me too as well).

He's just not that good to be United first teamer(even now), but can you question him at training really and not busting his gut when on the pitch?
Not out on the pitch no, but I do wonder if he's been focussed enough on improving outside of games. And I don't just mean because he has a life outside of football.

Didn't know that about Evra at the time. He always seemed very determined with football though, so I guess that helps.

StrettyEnder07

As long as he's harming nobody I see no issues with it. Neymar is constantly on the three major social sites. You will not have him at United because he's bit of a cnut and acting childish there?
So now you are comparing Lingard to Neymar???

If Lingard produced the performances that Neymar would then he can motorboat the queen for all I care.

When he is dire at his job, a bad influence in the dressing room, has zero professionalism and is robbing a living and being a complete helmet in the process, he can make his way out of the door

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I wonder if it's only just now that Ole comes to realisation that he's got to work with a bunch of clowns.
he needs to think about an exit strategy, to keep his reputation in tact. If he takes us into the bottom half of the table, then gets fired. his reputation as manager would be lower than David "damn you" Moyes.