Ole anger with Lingard

Enigma_87

You know who
Someone else said hacked and leaked, you said leaked. I assumed you were both talking about the same thing. Point is, he uploaded it. He made it public. Thats the death of your argument unfortunately.

As to your other point about him not posting this stuff wont make him a better footballer. I think thats true, but an argument could be made that if he was less focused on his brand maybe hed be more focused on improving his football. Thats only ever gong to be an opinion though.
Yeah I've read that it was leaked by his friends/followers or whatever or he didn't mean to upload it. Doubt it was hacked or of sorts. Anyhow I feel there's a lot of highlight put into this, which frankly we as fans shouldn't care too much.

Righteous Steps

Men tend to be immature, especially millionaires, the money gives them opportunity to act like brats which wouldn’t be allowed with people from poorer backgrounds. Saying that the thing about Lingard that makes him come across as a immature teen, is tact, you can be the most goofy immature person in the world if it makes you happy and you are genuinely happy, but the tact and maturity comes in not having to always document that like Lingard does, he out things on social media that he doesn’t need to, hence when he gets attacked for it, little sympathy is directed his way.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Wayne Rooney is one of the greatest Manchester United players of all time, there’s no place for comparison between the two.
If Lingard played anywhere near as good as Rooney I couldn’t care less if he was doing heroin.
Ridiculous comment. Players have a lot of time and a lot of money. We saw in the 80s and 90s how too much money and time often led to alcohol dependency, drugs, and gambling addiction.

Players that avoid getting drunk every week deserve credit. So players nowadays let of steam by posting silly stuff of SM, so what? So Pogba occasionally gets colourful haircuts ? So what? My only issue is when he gets crucified for his haircuts by people who were part of a drink and drugs culture during their careers... and since becoming saints they stayed quiet to the drinking transgressions of certain players.

End of the day, kids copying Pogba’s haircut is pretty harmless, kids don’t have to copy Lingard because that pretty much how kids acts. But imagine if kids lived like footballers from the 80s and early 90s did ? Or drank like Rooney does.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Imagine that absolute clown moonwalking on your ground, I’d be seething.

Based on Lingard’s behavior I suppose the most logical punishment would be to ground him, no Tv, no Internet for a month.
That’ll show him.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Young adult uses words everyone in Britain uses. News at 11.

On that note: As a representative of Manchester United, not the best idea to post this. I don't care about us seeing it, no one here should be remotely offended by the language, then I assume you too never curse and talk shite with your mates.

What Lingard should be is a good rolemodel for the children that are fans of the club, and with that in mind he falls short of that standard with this video.
If giving a bedroom a point score, presumably based on the number of women they are claiming to have slept with, pretty crap behaviour and I reckon your girlfriend/wife would agree

StrettyEnder07

No you wouldn't. I take it your company loses a lot of lawsuits.
Would not have thought so as most reputable companies now have social media clauses/rules/guidelines/discipline measures written into employee contracts.

simplyared

Everything this guy does is cringeworthy. Obviously zero upstairs and an embarassment to the club. If he had something to offer on the pitch then there could be a reason to keep him. He doesn't so the answer is simple. Time to get rid!

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah not saying that mate, not saying he don't deserve his contract and all that, to be fair his agent deserves a knighthood for getting him 100k a week plus.

All for enjoying your lift, living it up if you have the money but at the same time imo you have to remember who you play for and what that means. Me or you can record videos of us being idiots as about 30 people will see it, he has to remember that playing for United has that added responsibility.

Saying that if he was performing on the pitch I would just ignore all his off the field stuff, but the fact that he is shocking does not come across as caring that much (look at the difference between his attitude and McTom, like chalk and cheese), it does leave a sour taste.

If I was a top player earning loads I would be like Yorkey (front page of the paper ever week sleeping with loads of famous women haha).

If I was a bit shit and robbing a living, I would maybe keep it toned down a bit, maybe haha
His and Young's too :)

I don't like him as a footballer on the pitch, mate. To me he isn't United quality. He can be a rotational player and put an occasional shift - sometimes he's useful, but we shouldn't overly rely on him if we are up to our ambitions.

However on the side though I can understand his actions.

The 20's and early 30's are the best years in your life. You can end up partying for days, at your peak physicality and can enjoy life. Sure it has downsides that you take a flack for your actions and especially if your form dips you are bound to take abuse, but footballers are still like normal human beings and not the same. If Lingard wants to enjoy his youth (26 is still fecking young last time I checked) especially in off season let him be. Doesn't mean that everybody is the Scholes type with your head down and model pro.

All in all if you are in his shoes with all the social stuff going online and you have your interest in fashion clothing and other stuff I see no issue with it. Yeah you can make a clown of yourself sometimes but if that makes you happy we have to accept it.

Now if he's shite on the pitch and doesn't perform and has no resemblance of what United quality should be - he should walk based on that. I mean even during Fergie days we had party animals like Anderson getting rounder with each pre-season and still making 8 seasons at United, so yeah being a player at top club gives you benefits and usually most ride that wave :)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
As England fan I don't see any issue.

Looks like a normal lad from Manchester to me. In fact a pretty tame one...

Should we expect footballers to be robots?

I'd be more worried if he was on the lash constantly like Rooney...

Juvenile SM video doesn't bother me at all. Give him a clip around the ear and move on.
how stupid of me, I should have realised Rooney was really to blame for this

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Would not have thought so as most reputable companies now have social media clauses/rules/guidelines/discipline measures written into employee contracts.
And what does that social media guidance say? Don't be a dick? Good luck with that.

SaintMuppet

Is this guy 14 years old???

Whatever the rights and wrongs of social media is nobody at the club pulling him aside and telling him he has a sign over his head saying ‘grade a dickhead’

StrettyEnder07

And what does that social media guidance say? Don't be a dick? Good luck with that.
Things like inappropriate behaviour, bring the company's name into distribute etc.

Thanks for the good luck message but not required, seems to be common sense to me

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
clearly I am old because 1) I missed some people's irony on social media and 2) I've never heard anyone being called a "melt" (I will now use it in the office regularly so they younger people therein think I'm hip and cool!) :p:lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Oh yeah, the Metro and the Mirror. I assume it's also in the Daily Star, Sun and the Express. All of those prestigious and undoubtedly reliable sources.
maybe the video isn't real either

StrettyEnder07

His and Young's too :)

I don't like him as a footballer on the pitch, mate. To me he isn't United quality. He can be a rotational player and put an occasional shift - sometimes he's useful, but we shouldn't overly rely on him if we are up to our ambitions.

However on the side though I can understand his actions.

The 20's and early 30's are the best years in your life. You can end up partying for days, at your peak physicality and can enjoy life. Sure it has downsides that you take a flack for your actions and especially if your form dips you are bound to take abuse, but footballers are still like normal human beings and not the same. If Lingard wants to enjoy his youth (26 is still fecking young last time I checked) especially in off season let him be. Doesn't mean that everybody is the Scholes type with your head down and model pro.

All in all if you are in his shoes with all the social stuff going online and you have your interest in fashion clothing and other stuff I see no issue with it. Yeah you can make a clown of yourself sometimes but if that makes you happy we have to accept it.

Now if he's shite on the pitch and doesn't perform and has no resemblance of what United quality should be - he should walk based on that. I mean even during Fergie days we had party animals like Anderson getting rounder with each pre-season and still making 8 seasons at United, so yeah being a player at top club gives you benefits and usually most ride that wave :)
Haha yeah I get that mate, as have said it doesn't make me angry or anything like just look at it and think "feck sake, my mates who support city/liverpool etc gonna have a field day with this", he just makes me cringe and think would rather him going out just getting smashed (Grelish passed out on the pavement type haha) rather than all his shite with "beans beans beans" and stuff.

My big worry is not him as to be honest wouldn't bat an eyelid if he fell of the face of the earth tomorrow, can't stand the bloke. It's the fact that when Rash first came on the scene he was grounded, hard working, local lad loving playing for United, now he seems to have turned the same way and his form has gone with it.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If giving a bedroom a point score, presumably based on the number of women they are claiming to have slept with, pretty crap behaviour and I reckon your girlfriend/wife would agree
We gave the room we stayed in during our last trip to Zadar in Croatia a 6 out of 10. -14 out of 10 is usually not referenced to women they banged, but quality of service/standard.

We need the season to start soon, this is such a meaningless thing to spend energy on

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
listen again... and about the action seen in the bed
Even if it was about shagging. He's a famous 20 something footballer on holiday with his mates, what else do you expect him to be doing? :lol:

el3mel

Good job if he's angry with him. Not just a below average player but a stupid one too. These videos aren't funny when we are 6th and shite, not to mention it coming from a 5 goals a season player. He needs to be hit on the head to become realistic again about who he's and the position we are in.

Lee565

Another chance for Ole to show he's not just all talk when it comes to being ruthless, I still expect lingard to be here next season and starting at least half of them games which sucks.

Snafu17

maybe the video isn't real either
This is an outstandingly dumb argument.

How is the existence of the video in any way connected to a few famously unreliable, gossip based, garbage newspapers that routinely invent things and have been exposed as doing so on multiple occasions, running a clickbait story to do a bit of shit stirring in a pissed off fanbase.

Please, explain to me why I should take the words of those rags as gospel.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

No you wouldn't. I take it your company loses a lot of lawsuits.
You were never told by your corporate governance section that by openly stating where you work, you are therefore representing the company? Fair enough.

FYI, couldn’t give a toss what Lingard does on social media. I have zero interest in it myself, personally.

Righteous Steps

But if we did everything wife’s and girlfriends were ok with, what fun would we have?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There are players whose talent allows them to get away with some things and then there are the Lingards. Players like Lingard shouldn't poke the bear for the simple reason that they are so easily replaceable. If you then factor the fact that this nobody is doing these silly things with a player who has actually the talent to be a first teamer with United then the situation gets worse, much worse.

patty123

While I can see both side of the posters on here, what the ones saying "he's young" and on "holiday" fair enough but he is still an employee of this club and even in off season, he has a duty to the club.

This is all about image as remember, why do you think our mangers never wear tracksuits on the sideline even back in the past, because image and appearance still sways the rich (sponsors) to part with their money and this does not impress rich people, as they see it as thug/chav type of behaviour or whatever negative label you want to attach to it.

Last edited: