Ole AZ Alkmaar Press Conference @10 GMT

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Mr. Romero saying he wants to extend. Guessing Deano will be sold with a buy-back clause in the summer.
Henderson was never going to settle for being second choice. He'll still harbour dreams of playing for us, but sale with buy back is probably the best way of going around it depending on how his career progresses.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The club would probably love Henderson to stay but being realistic he isn't going to be happy being second choice and we've got De Gea.
Yeah, also going by his tweets and interviews Henderson loves being Sheffield United player. I think it's better we sell him with buy back clause. Better for all parties.

DoomSlayer

The club would probably love Henderson to stay but being realistic he isn't going to be happy being second choice and we've got De Gea.
If Henderson performs better than De Gea, he should be first choice. We need to think what is best for the club here, competition is vital and I see Dean pushing DDG to his limits.

Judas

Open to offers
Wish this game didn't exist, its an annoying bump in the road inbetween league fixtures. Not saying it isn't important, as I still think the EL is massive for us, its the timing which is a pain.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You never know with the newbies but I'm disappointed fellow posters don't know my posting patterns after 6 years :(
I'm a newbie and it isn't too hard to work out your posting patterns except when you confused everyone and swore on the match day thread. :nono::D

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Henderson was never going to settle for being second choice. He'll still harbour dreams of playing for us, but sale with buy back is probably the best way of going around it depending on how his career progresses.
We can keep loaning him until he's ready to take over from DDG.

If he's happy doing that, I don't see why Sheffield wouldn't be happy either. Not sure why we would have to sell him as long as he gets paid and he's a first choice player somewhere else.

lysglimt

Scout
That would be disgusting. Henderson is the next big thing in terms of GK talents.
Absolutely not disgusting. We have DDG who could be here for 7-8 years. Henderson is worth £30-40 million probably - it would make total sense to sell him to sign players we need more, but include a buy back clause

Judas

Open to offers
Absolutely not disgusting. We have DDG who could be here for 7-8 years. Henderson is worth £30-40 million probably - it would make total sense to sell him to sign players we need more, but include a buy back clause
It's the most logical thing and best for everyone. No point Henderson sitting on our bench as a number two.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If Matic is back I'm guessing he'll come in for McTominay against AZ, bit of a shame because I was hoping we might give Garner another shot.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If Matic is back I'm guessing he'll come in for McTominay against AZ, bit of a shame because I was hoping we might give Garner another shot.
Could be Matic & Garner. Although Matic has been poor for about a year now, in terms of experience he could be the right man to play alongside Garner.

Paul_Scholes18

Damn I hope Lingard is fine. He is a key player for us right now given the other options we have.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Could be Matic & Garner. Although Matic has been poor for about a year now, in terms of experience he could be the right man to play alongside Garner.
I'd play Garner and Fred personally, while Fred contributes defensively McTominay does a lot of the dirty work so Garner should be able to slot into that pairing quite well. My issue with playing Matic is that we'll be torn to shreds due to his immobility.

top1whoisman

Scout
I'd play Garner and Fred personally, while Fred contributes defensively McTominay does a lot of the dirty work so Garner should be able to slot into that pairing quite well. My issue with playing Matic is that we'll be torn to shreds due to his immobility.
He sure is slow as hell. Think AZ will not play their best XI as they face Ajax in a super important top-of-the-table clash on Sunday and have already qualified to the next round in Europa League. So I could see us resting both McTominay and Fred. Although I'm sure we'll field a much more experienced (and better) eleven than we did in Kazakstan.

AZ4life

Supports
AZ Alkmaar
He sure is slow as hell. Think AZ will not play their best XI as they face Ajax in a super important top-of-the-table clash on Sunday and have already qualified to the next round in Europa League. So I could see us resting both McTominay and Fred. Although I'm sure we'll field a much more experienced (and better) eleven than we did in Kazakstan.
Az coach Arne Slot said today they play with there best eleven against United because he thinks AZ can play 2 topgames in 4 days time.wants to be nr 1 in the group he also said.Players are very focused on both United and Ajax.

top1whoisman

Scout
Az coach Arne Slot said today they play with there best eleven against United because he thinks AZ can play 2 topgames in 4 days time.wants to be nr 1 in the group he also said.Players are very focused on both United and Ajax.
Ah fair enough.