Ole AZ Alkmaar Press Conference @10 GMT

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How does this week rank in your management?
You don’t get too much time to think. I don’t rank weeks.

:lol:

Darkhorsez

Man Utd manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer, after wins over Man City and Spurs: "Results are the proof in the end. Inside we have always believed in what we are doing. It is going to be ups and downs but we are on the right track."

Darkhorsez

Solskjaer asked if he cares whether United win their Europa League group: "Of course I am bothered. I am not going to send these boys out and say 'I don't care if you win or lose'.
"Every game at Man Utd you have a chance prove to your team-mates, to me, to the supporters that you deserve to be part of this team for a long time."

Darkhorsez

Solskjaer says midfielder Nemanja Matic is fit and will be involved against AZ Alkmaar.

Samid

Mr. Romero - Strong support for the manager?
Back home in Argentina we all used to watch United games back then and Ole was part of that side and so we recognise from those victories and trophies what a role he played and what a strong character he was. Since he took charge as manager we as a group have confidence in what he tries to achieve he has our support.

This season we started well and had a bit of a dip but even in that dip. It’s all about moving forward together.

Darkhorsez

Manchester United's midfield has impressed in recent weeks, even without France international Paul Pogba.
Solskjaer was asked whether Pogba would get into the first XI when he returns from injury.
He said: "Let's get Paul fit first and back in form.
"Paul will plays loads of games. For me he is one of the best players in world. I am looking forward to having him back."

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Call them men, Ole. How will they grow up if you keep calling them boys?

Samid

Phil Jones
Phil is training and training hard and I’m sure he’ll come back. It was a tactical thing I had to change at Sheff United. He’s fine.

:(

Samid

Mr. Romero - How is it to not play?
It’s not easy. But I work every day for this chance to play and then I am ready when it comes. In the last four years I was in difficult situation. I work every day for the chance and if I have my chance I try to do my best. I work and I am in the best club in the world and I see United when I’m young and said I wanted to play one day and I work when I get my chance.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Phil Jones
Phil is training and training hard and I’m sure he’ll come back. It was a tactical thing I had to change at Sheff United. He’s fine.

:(
No love for Phil. :(

Samid

Mr. Romero - Have you accepted being a number 2?
When I got the chance to come to United I knew I accepted that I would be playing a few games but when you get the chance to wear this shirt it’s a dream come true. It’s never intention to be second choice.

Samid

The 4000th game including an academy players is coming up, how proud are you?
It’s a tradition we are very proud of and it’s in our DNA to give young players a chance. You’ve been to Norway too and I like to give young players a chance. They can only surprise and impress when you give them the chance. It will be more than 4,000 and we have a great academy and it’s something to be proud of.

Darkhorsez

More from Ole Gunner Solskjaer: "Consistency is vital in football. If we want to win trophies this young team needs to learn how put performances in when they don't feel great. It doesn't happen that you feel great every time you walk onto the pitch.
"We have had some games this year where we have not been able to perform as well as we would like but that is a learning curve. The young boys will improve that as well in the next few years and hopefully the rest of the year. We are looking brighter now."

Samid

Players not wanting to come to the club
Agents might not want to but players will do. I don’t speak to too many agents. United are the biggest and best in the world and I’m sure there’s so many players in the world who want to be part of the rebuild. Our players and fans enjoy our football and opposition players will like to be part of it as well.

Samid

On Fred's improvement
Fred has had the confidence of the coaching staff for a long time. He’s been working really hard. I’m sure he can keep on improving.

Samid

Top six vs bottom six
We played well (at the weekend) and we have good players and there’s different teams and different opposition give different problems. It’s just different.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How dare you have a sense of humour on here. That should be an automatic bannable offence. :)
You never know with the newbies but I'm disappointed fellow posters don't know my posting patterns after 6 years :(

Samid

Mr. Romero saying he wants to extend. Guessing Deano will be sold with a buy-back clause in the summer.