Ole: Crystal Palace make teams play the way they want them to play...

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He looked like a tired man there tonight. id bet he’s been told by the owners there’s no real cash this summer and he’s already worrying about how he’s going to keep us competitive next season. If that’s the case things are starting to look pretty tricky for Ole already. The PR machine has already started up lowering fans expectations for the summer window. If we struggle next year then Ole is gone and then we go back to square one with god knows managing us.

If we have another bad summer this year then hopefully everyone will finally be on the same page that it’s mission impossible to win a league with our owners current approach. I don’t think any top manger wins the league with this squad in 2 years without some upgrades and a few big changes to our starters. Very weary quotes from Ole tonight but as baffling as I find some of his decisions I can understand if he’s becoming more than a little frustrated at the club and at his players at this stage. I think the players need to hear the fans frustrations in a stadium again. It really looks like they are playing just for themselves most of the time this season.

the forward players continue to let him down when he needs them most and look near disinterested at times. no matter what’s at stake or how much he backs them or tries to play them into form he can’t seem to get a response this season. Remember the owners have also made some of these players untouchable. These are some of the highest paid and most respected players in the world in their positions not able to string 10 yard passes together or make a decent clear cut chance or run enough for each other against Crystal Palace. That has almost nothing to do with tactics. It’s not like they are getting in each other’s way. Chance would be a fine thing.

For example it shouldn’t really matter all that much if we start with 2 holding midfielders against West Brom or whoever else. McT is good for the odd goal and the full backs Bruno and the forwards should be more than good enough to win a game when we have 65% of the ball against a much worse team. Our forwards should be giving them absolute nightmares but they just don’t work hard enough to exploit teams who rely on defending aggressively and they don’t really compliment each other enough to do anything beyond the very predictable most of the time either. How can you do the unpredictable when someone like Rashford totally kills momentum nearly every time he gets the ball and then starts walking around the place when he loses it or Martial strolling around the place hiding looking for 1/2s that aren’t on. What can you build around that at this moment in time? The coach then has no replacements or alternatives so I don’t feel like it’s always a coaching issue letting us down when we can’t break down or outwork or outfight sides. Too many of the players he has just aren’t fighters. The manager should at least be able to threaten these players with being dropped or have a plan B but what is it? We don’t have those players. There’s no repercussions for playing bad and that’s the way the owners set the squad up.

it’s a personnel/recruitment issue that’s been further exasperated with injuries and conveniently papered over by Bruno for the last year. As an organisation we overrate the likes of Rashford and Martial, certainly as a partnership, and try to force them onto a world class pedestal when they don’t deserve it and then it’s not like the team has played really good football under any of the other managers post Fergie either.

The chemistry and overall balance of talent in the squad is lacking and has been for ages. We’ve also stripped away more quality than we’ve actually replaced over the last few years whether you like the players or not. we should almost be coming out the other side of the rebuild now but we are as far away as we were last summer really. I’d say It’s actually a very tricky job managing us. You might be fooled into thinking it’s an easy job because we are spending so much but when you look closely it’s an expensive mess that needs to be sorted out with non present and inconsistent owners who seem to have their own strange ideas about how the club should be run.
Nice fan fiction

Maticmaker

Hate these kind of public comments by United managers, you understand what Ole means but it doesn't come out sounding right and begs all sorts of follow up questions...from fans, about how we prepared, etc.

Remember David Moyes response when asked in a post-match interview why he didn't substitute RVP in a match when Van Persie was really struggling ".. oh couldn't do that, fans would be livid with me"
That was the moment I knew he had to go!

croadyman

Hate these kind of public comments by United managers, you understand what Ole means but it doesn't come out sounding right and begs all sorts of follow up questions...from fans, about how we prepared, etc.

Remember David Moyes response when asked in a post-match interview why he didn't substitute RVP in a match when Van Persie was really struggling ".. oh couldn't do that, fans would be livid with me"
That was the moment I knew he had to go!
Yeah coming out with a quote about not knowing who to bring on certainly doesn't do him any favours at all

el3mel

He looked like a tired man there tonight. id bet he’s been told by the owners there’s no real cash this summer and he’s already worrying about how he’s going to keep us competitive next season. If that’s the case things are starting to look pretty tricky for Ole already. The PR machine has already started up lowering fans expectations for the summer window. If we struggle next year then Ole is gone and then we go back to square one with god knows managing us.

If we have another bad summer this year then hopefully everyone will finally be on the same page that it’s mission impossible to win a league with our owners current approach. I don’t think any top manger wins the league with this squad in 2 years without some upgrades and a few big changes to our starters. Very weary quotes from Ole tonight but as baffling as I find some of his decisions I can understand if he’s becoming more than a little frustrated at the club and at his players at this stage. I think the players need to hear the fans frustrations in a stadium again. It really looks like they are playing just for themselves most of the time this season.

the forward players continue to let him down when he needs them most and look near disinterested at times. no matter what’s at stake or how much he backs them or tries to play them into form he can’t seem to get a response this season. Remember the owners have also made some of these players untouchable. These are some of the highest paid and most respected players in the world in their positions not able to string 10 yard passes together or make a decent clear cut chance or run enough for each other against Crystal Palace. That has almost nothing to do with tactics. It’s not like they are getting in each other’s way. Chance would be a fine thing.

For example it shouldn’t really matter all that much if we start with 2 holding midfielders against West Brom or whoever else. McT is good for the odd goal and the full backs Bruno and the forwards should be more than good enough to win a game when we have 65% of the ball against a much worse team. Our forwards should be giving them absolute nightmares but they just don’t work hard enough to exploit teams who rely on defending aggressively and they don’t really compliment each other enough to do anything beyond the very predictable most of the time either. How can you do the unpredictable when someone like Rashford totally kills momentum nearly every time he gets the ball and then starts walking around the place when he loses it or Martial strolling around the place hiding looking for 1/2s that aren’t on. What can you build around that at this moment in time? The coach then has no replacements or alternatives so I don’t feel like it’s always a coaching issue letting us down when we can’t break down or outwork or outfight sides. Too many of the players he has just aren’t fighters. The manager should at least be able to threaten these players with being dropped or have a plan B but what is it? We don’t have those players. There’s no repercussions for playing bad and that’s the way the owners set the squad up.

it’s a personnel/recruitment issue that’s been further exasperated with injuries and conveniently papered over by Bruno for the last year. As an organisation we overrate the likes of Rashford and Martial, certainly as a partnership, and try to force them onto a world class pedestal when they don’t deserve it and then it’s not like the team has played really good football under any of the other managers post Fergie either.

The chemistry and overall balance of talent in the squad is lacking and has been for ages. We’ve also stripped away more quality than we’ve actually replaced over the last few years whether you like the players or not. we should almost be coming out the other side of the rebuild now but we are as far away as we were last summer really. I’d say It’s actually a very tricky job managing us. You might be fooled into thinking it’s an easy job because we are spending so much but when you look closely it’s an expensive mess that needs to be sorted out with non present and inconsistent owners who seem to have their own strange ideas about how the club should be run.
Yeah we need more money spent to not lose 5 points against the 19th and 20th teams and to hold on a 2-0 lead against Everton.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah we need more money spent to not lose 5 points against the 19th and 20th teams and to hold on a 2-0 lead against Everton.
it’s not just about money. It’s about actually standing back and giving the manager the power to shape the team. Did he really think DDG should be on that deal when he’s pretty clearly blooding Henderson into the team? Does he think the owners are right in not selling martial and labelling him world class when he’s tried to sign haaland and has got ighalo and Cavani since? He can’t rotate Rashford or martial when they stink it up because theres no plan B in the squad. Even if Ole had amazing patterns of play we still don’t have the personnel to play expansive beautiful football while defending flawlessly. We currently have one fit creative player in Bruno and another in Pogba who’s probably off. Do you think he wants to go into a season with only Matic as a DM? Do you think he wanted the Pogba situation to carry over into this season? I’m sure Ole has asked his forwards to work a lot harder and be more clinical? Look at their response to him. Look at their response to Jose. This is what you get for pinning all your hopes on the wrong players as an organisation. From Di Maria to Pogba to Lukaku to not selling martial and fumbling the haaland and Klopp deals. The club has been a total shambles since Fergie left and that’s not Oles fault. We are stuttering but we are still second and people need some patience. Another rebuild is not the answer

Karlos PFC

Does he think the owners are right in not selling martial and labelling him world class when he’s tried to sign haaland and has got ighalo and Cavani since?
I remember when Jose wanted Martial gone and a large portion of the caf went nuts. I like Martial he has great technique and he hasn't peaked yet which means that he can develop even further. BUT at the moment Manchester United aren't a great platform to develop and won't be as long as Ole or a similar caliber coach is in charge.

Ole will never be successful here because of two reasons

a) he's not a very good coach, at least not for a club the size of Manchester United.

b) because of not being a very good coach he needs top players.
We've seen that his top performers are Bruno (a complete player at his peak. Complete in no further or a little improvement), Pogba (as usual inconsistent as he was with Mou), Cavani (as expected for his quality) and in bits Rashford, Martial, De Gea (already 5 or more seasons in PL, which makes them experienced really and not that "young lads"), AWB, Maguire, Fred, McT (with lots of if's and but's). I'll give you Shaw but for feck's sake he's been playing here for 6-7 years, at some point he should have performed. And before you say the same for Pep let me counter that by saying that he never actually used many lads from the academies except Barca which is the equivalent of what Ole does here. But it says a lot that players like Robben, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Lahm and so, say that Pep changed the way they understood football. From the most complex tactics to the most simple movements like the body positioning when they receive a pass.

He can’t rotate Rashford or martial when they stink it up because theres no plan B in the squad. Even if Ole had amazing patterns of play we still don’t have the personnel to play expansive beautiful football while defending flawlessly.
There is no plan B because he doesn't have one, that's simple. I guess you started watching football the past 3 years because not everyone needs top quality players to actually play beautiful football. Defending flawlessly ? What does that even mean? He build his defence by going all in for Maguire and AWB. These are his choices you know and made one team captain in under 6 months.

The club has been a total shambles since Fergie left and that’s not Oles fault. We are stuttering but we are still second and people need some patience. Another rebuild is not the answer
Sure Ole isn't responsible for the mess he inherited and he steadied the ship and all that. But he took us as far as he could, so the sacking is a step in the right direction which was the plan all along.

And another thing, teams rebuild and develop all the time. This whole rebuild myth that Ed pushed to lower our expectations but at the same time not lowering their dividends has really paid off with our fanbase.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I didn't hear the interview - I wanted to go to bed given that Ole and United had magically cured my insomnia. But if that's what he really said, he should be told to leave the job before the weekend. He is admitting that he didn't have a clue of what to do and has no control over the team. I did see his quotes where he said we were "a bit off"... yeh and my bank balance is a bit off that of the King of Saudi! Oh and my looks are a bit off Robert Redford when he was in his twenties.

Utter disgrace. Not the man for the job - never was. Go - and go now

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Did they make us deliberately waste our own time in the last 10 minutes by being in no hurry at all to take any set pieces or throw ins?

Ali Dia

I remember when Jose wanted Martial gone and a large portion of the caf went nuts. I like Martial he has great technique and he hasn't peaked yet which means that he can develop even further. BUT at the moment Manchester United aren't a great platform to develop and won't be as long as Ole or a similar caliber coach is in charge.

Ole will never be successful here because of two reasons

a) he's not a very good coach, at least not for a club the size of Manchester United.

b) because of not being a very good coach he needs top players.
We've seen that his top performers are Bruno (a complete player at his peak. Complete in no further or a little improvement), Pogba (as usual inconsistent as he was with Mou), Cavani (as expected for his quality) and in bits Rashford, Martial, De Gea (already 5 or more seasons in PL, which makes them experienced really and not that "young lads"), AWB, Maguire, Fred, McT (with lots of if's and but's). I'll give you Shaw but for feck's sake he's been playing here for 6-7 years, at some point he should have performed. And before you say the same for Pep let me counter that by saying that he never actually used many lads from the academies except Barca which is the equivalent of what Ole does here. But it says a lot that players like Robben, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Lahm and so, say that Pep changed the way they understood football. From the most complex tactics to the most simple movements like the body positioning when they receive a pass.

There is no plan B because he doesn't have one, that's simple. I guess you started watching football the past 3 years because not everyone needs top quality players to actually play beautiful football. Defending flawlessly ? What does that even mean? He build his defence by going all in for Maguire and AWB. These are his choices you know and made one team captain in under 6 months.

Sure Ole isn't responsible for the mess he inherited and he steadied the ship and all that. But he took us as far as he could, so the sacking is a step in the right direction which was the plan all along.

And another thing, teams rebuild and develop all the time. This whole rebuild myth that Ed pushed to lower our expectations but at the same time not lowering their dividends has really paid off with our fanbase.
im talking about everyone complaining about playing 2 dms against the likes of palace and WBA. It shouldn’t matter no matter who the coach is. These are top players doing the basics wrong. That’s a lack of mentality. A midfielder starting 15 yards back to where the fans would like to see him shouldn’t matter when you’ve got 65% of the ball. Ole can’t come on and score for martial or run for Rashford but you’d agree he’s been a great goal scorer and would know a thing or two about playing the strikes role? He’s doing a job with a clearly flawed but overly expensive and hyped squad.

We have no plan B because there’s no other players which is mental giving what we are spending.

Jose and LVG were top coaches and they needed Di Maria, Pogba, Lukaku and how many others to play bad football that got them the sack so I don’t see your point there to be honest. Klopp needed top players to finish his thing. Pep has top players covering his top players. Only really Rodgers is punching above his weight and he gets a few injuries and his squad Is thrown into disarray. They have a nice first 11 and seem to have their house in order when it comes to recruitment but they still have to sell their best players and they’ve invested nothing close to the top teams.

Last edited:

Shimo

Did they make us deliberately waste our own time in the last 10 minutes by being in no hurry at all to take any set pieces or throw ins?
Of course they did, that's how good they were at making us have no desire to go win the game. They had glued Ole to his seat so he couldn't fire a rocket up the team's ass from the sidelines to go for it.

izec

Ole is just spouting some shite to save his ass. Hope this summer is the end for him at United, seen and heard enough stupidity from him.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck me that’s embarrassing. Didn’t he say something similar a while back about another shite team, Newcastle maybe and it was along the lines of “Their going to come at us and we going to have to be at our best to stop them” or something like that. :lol:

DoomSlayer

I think unfortunately Ole is out of ideas. We have hit the same slump after a short-term peak. No sustainability in the general play after almost 2 and a half season is not acceptable.

We have to make tough decisions this summer. I hope we don't loose out on top 4 or it could be a total bloodbath at the club and amongst the fanbase.

patty123

He looked like a tired man there tonight. id bet he’s been told by the owners there’s no real cash this summer and he’s already worrying about how he’s going to keep us competitive next season. If that’s the case things are starting to look pretty tricky for Ole already. The PR machine has already started up lowering fans expectations for the summer window.
I cant argue with that as his response the other day when asked was 2021 version of no value in the market AF use to harp on about.

"Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted his club will not be spending big this summer, after admitting big-name target may be out of reach.

The Borussia Dortmund duo of Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland have been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks, but Solskjaer has conceded signing players of that magnitude and value may not be realistic as the financial cost of the Covid-19 crisis takes its toll.

There are going to be less and less transfers happening with all these changes.

The lack of income, the finances has affected everyone. We have to be realistic and responsible in the way we do business on and off the pitch.

croadyman

it’s not just about money. It’s about actually standing back and giving the manager the power to shape the team. Did he really think DDG should be on that deal when he’s pretty clearly blooding Henderson into the team? Does he think the owners are right in not selling martial and labelling him world class when he’s tried to sign haaland and has got ighalo and Cavani since? He can’t rotate Rashford or martial when they stink it up because theres no plan B in the squad. Even if Ole had amazing patterns of play we still don’t have the personnel to play expansive beautiful football while defending flawlessly. We currently have one fit creative player in Bruno and another in Pogba who’s probably off. Do you think he wants to go into a season with only Matic as a DM? Do you think he wanted the Pogba situation to carry over into this season? I’m sure Ole has asked his forwards to work a lot harder and be more clinical? Look at their response to him. Look at their response to Jose. This is what you get for pinning all your hopes on the wrong players as an organisation. From Di Maria to Pogba to Lukaku to not selling martial and fumbling the haaland and Klopp deals. The club has been a total shambles since Fergie left and that’s not Oles fault. We are stuttering but we are still second and people need some patience. Another rebuild is not the answer
I don't want another rebuild and have been clear about that for a long time, have always said he should never have been appointed on a permanent basis in the first place but he could have maybe changed my mind if there was a willingness to bring in some coaching from outside of the club but he's too stubborn to do it.

croadyman

Ole is just spouting some shite to save his ass. Hope this summer is the end for him at United, seen and heard enough stupidity from him.
Yeah he will do whatever it takes to avoid the sack even if that means setting us up to not lose games rather than win

Ali Dia

I cant argue with that as his response the other day when asked was 2021 version of no value in the market AF use to harp on about.

"Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has insisted his club will not be spending big this summer, after admitting big-name target may be out of reach.

The Borussia Dortmund duo of Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland have been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks, but Solskjaer has conceded signing players of that magnitude and value may not be realistic as the financial cost of the Covid-19 crisis takes its toll.

There are going to be less and less transfers happening with all these changes.

The lack of income, the finances has affected everyone. We have to be realistic and responsible in the way we do business on and off the pitch.
yup its sounding like this summer is totally dead already and this squad isn’t challenging without a bump in quality. No manager wins the league with this squad and no transfers. Not even close. Part of me would actually like to see Ole walk for not being backed and a modern coach type is brought in to just to show the Ole doubters that the grass isn’t always greener. The system doesn’t matter. The group of players still don’t have enough about them to deliver consistently in any system but they aren’t far off. I wish he’d make a sub and use his squad better for sure. Take a few more risks. But I think he manages setbacks quite well and in this job you either get used to it and keep going or pull a Jose.

Maybe the realisation we weren’t going to improve this summer has hit though to the squad too over the last few weeks. They would obviously know way before any of us and they’ve gone very flat for whatever reason. If you’re Bruno you’re probably thinking I’ll give them till the following summer to get it together and then im gone unless there’s something major afoot. You see stuff like Rashford to Maguire last night. I knows it’s just handbags but nobody is going to be happy with recent results and performances and they are all looking more than a bit tired and frustrated with each other. There definitely should be more quality available to rotate in and try new things though.no player of ours should have to be dead on their feet by March. Ole certainly looks shattered these days too. Very disappointing about the summer but totally expected. It’s probably a bit melodramatic but if we give city free reign again this summer it’ll be like when we let them get Aguero Silva and Kompany while we signed dross or didn’t act at all. That could potentially set us behind for another generation pretty much. Ugh that’s very grim to think about

Last edited:

Ali Dia

I don't want another rebuild and have been clear about that for a long time, have always said he should never have been appointed on a permanent basis in the first place but he could have maybe changed my mind if there was a willingness to bring in some coaching from outside of the club but he's too stubborn to do it.
I agree. If new coaches are the answer hire them all! A coach is a relatively cheap appointment. Maybe the club will give him coaches instead of players this summer! :)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You should post the full quote, he said Palace could do that when you don’t have the quality and tempo we should have had in our play. He went on to criticise how cheaply we gave the ball away and how slow we were. Standard managerial speak. Nothing like Moyes.
This should have been the end of the thread.

croadyman

I agree. If new coaches are the answer hire them all! A coach is a relatively cheap appointment. Maybe the club will give him coaches instead of players this summer! :)
Nothing gives me any belief he sees any issue whatsoever with his coaching staff and that is damning

Eternitiy

Moyes would have been destroyed for comments like that.

Ole doesn't have the ruthless mentality required. Seems content with mediocrity. Maguire's comments after the West Bromwich game were also very peculiar.

croadyman

Moyes would have been destroyed for comments like that.

Ole doesn't have the ruthless mentality required. Seems content with mediocrity. Maguire's comments after the West Bromwich game were also very peculiar.
Yeah but you have to remember his club status gets him a pass with so many

Red00012

I didn't hear the interview - I wanted to go to bed given that Ole and United had magically cured my insomnia. But if that's what he really said, he should be told to leave the job before the weekend. He is admitting that he didn't have a clue of what to do and has no control over the team. I did see his quotes where he said we were "a bit off"... yeh and my bank balance is a bit off that of the King of Saudi! Oh and my looks are a bit off Robert Redford when he was in his twenties.

Utter disgrace. Not the man for the job - never was. Go - and go now
4 hours since your post and no replies , I think everyone in the caf has you sussed. Quite the achievement .

NoPace

To me, we'd be better off playing like this against a team like Palace:

---------Cavani-Mason-----------
Bruno-------------------Rashford

Since Bruno would be in position to shoot or cross and have 3 strikers ahead of him for those crosses most of the time, and Rashford can threaten going down the wing with 2 strikers up top. We'd have opened up the game and that would suit Eze and Ayew, but also allow us to counter a bit.

Alternatively, I think you play Diallo from the start. We've seen that Greenwood against packed defences on the right is just a striker playing out of position and struggling.

Coops73

Haven’t personally heard those comments but they’re pretty worrying, he just comes across as devoid of ideas and when you run out of ideas at a football club there’s only one way that’s going.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A manager trying to deflect after a poor result? I've never seen anything like it!!!!

diarm

I reckon we have the worst fans in football. Take 2 or 3 sane posts out of this thread and I'd say you could add up everyone else's IQ in double digits.

Absolute bloody clowns the lot of you. I'd say you should be ashamed of yourselves but with opinions like these, shame isn't something that concerns you.

Eplel

A manager trying to deflect after a poor result? I've never seen anything like it!!!!
Other managers can do it all they want, but a United manager shouldn't do it, unless it's to shit on bad referees. We went from Fergie's "Lads, it's Tottenham" to "It's alright fellas, Palace is a great team anyway"

I reckon we have the worst fans in football. Take 2 or 3 sane posts out of this thread and I'd say you could add up everyone else's IQ in double digits.

Absolute bloody clowns the lot of you. I'd say you should be ashamed of yourselves but with opinions like these, shame isn't something that concerns you.
We also have the most pharisaic and self-righteous fans in football too. It might make you feel better for yourself to pretend you're a "better fan", but to everyone else outside your circle you sound like a lunatic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It takes an even lower IQ than that to fail to realise that these kind of comments coming from the manager of one footballs greatest clubs, are bound to attract cricism.

diarm

It takes an even lower IQ than that to fail to realise that these kind of comments coming from the manager of one footballs greatest clubs, are bound to attract cricism.
What comments?

That a shit team drags other sides down to their level if they don't play well enough to counter it?

This is like the bums who prefer drinking their dole money and beating their wives to holding down a job but then allow the Daily Mail headline writers convince them that immigrants are the reason they're not rich and successful.

Some mouth breather has cherry picked a sentence from the middle of an answer where the manager pointed out exactly what was wrong on the night, has told you all it meant something it didn't and you have all lost your collective shit.

Every manager who has ever played the game has made the same comment about being dragged down to someone else's level. It is not the same as the comments Moyes made but hardly anyone in this thread took the 3 seconds it would need for any sane person to read the comments properly and understand that.

Everyone just leapt in to pile on and tell us all how the the first manager to have us qualify for the Champions League two seasons running since Fergie left is out of his depth. How the guy who is outperforming two of the highest profile coaches in football history is a joke and laughing stock.

There are things you can criticise Ole for. He's issues with substitutions and game management, or his failure to punish poor form in selection. I've done it myself plenty.

But there is a difference between rational, balanced criticism and the hysteria in this thread, where a load of idiots put 2 and 2 together and got 967 and spent a morning trying to one up each other on who could belittle and besmirch a club legend the most.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What comments?

That a shit team drags other sides down to their level if they don't play well enough to counter it?

This is like the bums who prefer drinking their dole money and beating their wives to holding down a job but then allow the Daily Mail headline writers convince them that immigrants are the reason they're not rich and successful

Some mouth breather has cherry picked a sentence from the middle of an answer where the manager pointed out exactly what was wrong on the night, has told you all it meant something it didn't and you have all lost your collective shit.

Every manager who has ever played the game has made the same comment about being dragged down to someone else's level. It is not the same as the comments Moyes made but hardly anyone in this thread took the 3 seconds it would need for any sane person to read the comments properly and understand that.

Everyone just leapt in to pile on and tell us all how the the first manager to have us qualify for the Champions League two seasons running since Fergie left is out of his depth. How the guy who is outperforming two of the highest profile coaches in football history is a joke and laughing stock.

There are things you can criticise Ole for. He's issues with substitutions and game management, or his failure to punish poor form in selection. I've done it myself plenty.

But there is a difference between rational, balanced criticism and the hysteria in this thread, where a load of idiots put 2 and 2 together and got 967 and spent a morning trying to one up each other on who could belittle and besmirch a club legend the most.
:lol: What a trainwreck of a post. Somehow going from criticism of Oles comments to wife beating and bigotry. Get a grip of yourself ffs. And nobody cares about his legend stats when it comes to his managerial stint. The moment you bring sentiment into it you lose level headed rational you seem to pine for.

tomaldinho1

I get you don’t like Ole and those who want to keep him but this is harsh. Lowest IQ is about 50 so you’re essentially calling them single cell organisms.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Other managers can do it all they want, but a United manager shouldn't do it, unless it's to shit on bad referees. We went from Fergie's "Lads, it's Tottenham" to "It's alright fellas, Palace is a great team anyway"
Fergie didn't say that to the media.

diarm

:lol: What a trainwreck of a post. Somehow going from criticism of Oles comments to wife beating and bigotry. Get a grip of yourself ffs. And nobody cares about his legend stats when it comes to his managerial stint. The moment you bring sentiment into it you lose level headed rational you seem to pine for.
I reckon I might have been overselling your IQ.