Ole: Crystal Palace make teams play the way they want them to play...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just imagining Fergie saying "lads" to the press :lol:
:lol: in my imagination Fergie walks into the presser sits down, lines up the mic in front of him. Then calmly just says “lads, it’s Tottenham”, the entire room of journalists stand up and clap and cheers, as Fergie walks out to the room chanting his name.

Tell me that happened right?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
:lol: in my imagination Fergie walks into the presser sits down, lines up the mic in front of him. Then calmly just says “lads, it’s Tottenham”, the entire room of journalists stand up and clap and cheers, as Fergie walks out to the room chanting his name.

Tell me that happened right?
In that universe United are sponsored by Paddy Power and Keane changes his name to "Captain Bantz"

hipperholmesy

Check out Klopp's post match interview yesterday. Nearly losing it throughout, absolutely fuming but still managed a sprinkling of praise for Chelsea and sound technical match appraisal.
Ole Palace post match comments, virtually acknowledges been schooled by Woy and he's a bit concerned about goals drying up.
He's Ed's man though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ole’s post match interviews after yet another tumescent game are always so frustrating.

OleTheGreat

That is such a defensive statement to make on the part of Ole. We're supposed to impose our tactics on the opponents regardless of where we play but instead we start games so poorly that we end up playing into the opponents' hands. The last few results have actually shown where we are at the moment. We are still a long way away from City without Pogba but also we need a few more forward-thinking players with ruthlessness built-in to go on and win anything.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
As much as people like to, we can’t fully blame the manager here. Our players are shattered. We don’t have the depth that City have and every other side is struggling too. Chelsea are the only other team (besides City) hitting form really.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Manchester United make teams play the way they want them to play. If only we had a manager that said that.

OleBoiii

When you park the bus you do in fact force the opponent to play a certain way if they are chasing 3 points. It's not rocket science.

Talk about getting hysterical over such a generic comment :lol:

United Hobbit

I've also just come across this little gem from after the Crystal Palace game

"Attitude and approach I'm very happy with"

So you are really happy to watch that absolute pathetic performance, with no urgency whatsoever with the walking around as if we are 4-0 up? No wonder the players just stroll around if that is apparently satisfactory. Now obviously he may not be privately satisfied but the attitude of most of those players was absolutely not appropriate on Wednesday.

Also:

"It's been a week with no goals and sometimes three games without scoring sounds like a lot. It's a bit of a worry but because we play every few days I know the boys are giving everything."

Are the "boys" really giving everything?

Also, where did the comment that Crystal Palace make teams play that way come from?

If so, while not quite as bad as Moyes saying City are the level we are aspiring to, and Liverpool are favourites, it's still not a comment you would expect from a Manchester United manager. Its not even about prime Barcelona for goodness sake, with no disrespect its CRYSTAL PALACE! Come on, we should be forcing them into having to change what they do. Also, as Manchester United manager if they do indeed force us to play a certain way, that is his job to solve and not allow them to force the issue.

Another comment which concerned me and I raised this at the time, was when we were top of the league and he was denying we were in a title challenge. I know in the long run we probably wouldn't be able to challenge but AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME, we were very much in a title fight. It made me wonder what he was saying in the dressing room.

I've long held the impression Ole, while doing a solid job in fixing some areas, has taken us as far as he can and it's time to move on to the next stage of the project and appoint a world class manager who can challenge for the title.

GBBQ

As much as people like to, we can’t fully blame the manager here. Our players are shattered. We don’t have the depth that City have and every other side is struggling too. Chelsea are the only other team (besides City) hitting form really.
I do agree that the season is taking its toll but it seems all the more strange that we're letting Bruno run himself into the ground and lose his impact in games when we could have taken more chances to bring VDB into the team to give Bruno some down time. There's been a few cup matches where I've been surprised with how strong the selection has been, like Bruno and Rashford both playing 45 mins against Sociedad when we've got a 4 goal cushion seemed strange and ill advised given their anonymous performances in the subsequent games.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I do agree that the season is taking its toll but it seems all the more strange that we're letting Bruno run himself into the ground and lose his impact in games when we could have taken more chances to bring VDB into the team to give Bruno some down time. There's been a few cup matches where I've been surprised with how strong the selection has been, like Bruno and Rashford both playing 45 mins against Sociedad when we've got a 4 goal cushion seemed strange and ill advised given their anonymous performances in the subsequent games.
I’m ole in but I agree with this. It was the same last season. He either never plays the squad players or plays a load of them together. Surely that’s not how rotation works? Lingard pretty clearly could have done a rotation job for us. He’s obviously ready to go and we are paying him a lot of money. Why not? VDB is another. Give Diallo 10 minutes instead of Rashford against palace. He seems to see every game as a must win and it is but when you’ve got such a thin squad surely you need to manage the minutes better even if performances drop. They are dropping drastically though tiredness anyway so I don’t know what he has to lose. Put it this way I was dumbfounded at the Sociadad second leg lineup. Talk about risk averse! Also I saw a list today of players who have played the most minutes in the PL this season. Maguire AWB Rashford and Bruno were all in the top 10 and we hold the top 2 or 3 spots in a row. Jeez man. Give them the odd night off, even if they don’t want it!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To be fair Crystal Palace is the best football club which has 'crystal' in its name on earth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why do people do it to themselves, by insisting on watching the manager's interview after a bad result? :lol:

Giggsyking

What do you want him to say? Do you want him to confess he is shit and has no idea how to beat shit clubs like Palace (two times) WBA and SU ?

diarm

I'd say there are more than a couple of people in here absolutely gutted after that.

Dominos

I honestly don't know why people get worked up about comments to the media like they make any difference.

Ole has found a polite/strange way of saying "Palace get all their players behind the ball and make it ugly", and people are upset about it why?

The issue is we consistently have no idea how to create chances against teams that don't allow us acres of space on the counter. That's what should be frustrating, the interviews are irrelevant.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Check out Klopp's post match interview yesterday. Nearly losing it throughout, absolutely fuming but still managed a sprinkling of praise for Chelsea and sound technical match appraisal.
Ole Palace post match comments, virtually acknowledges been schooled by Woy and he's a bit concerned about goals drying up.
He's Ed's man though.
What about today's? (X2)

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'd say there are more than a couple of people in here absolutely gutted after that.
Well obviously. After these comments that completely destroyed his credibility in the eyes of the players and showed him up as a fraud,Man City let us beat them.

Wittmann45

Why do people do it to themselves, by insisting on watching the manager's interview after a bad result? :lol:
I think people assume it is about mentality building, as if the same emotion/message of the post-match interview will be passed onto the players after the match. I think people interpret the post-match interview as setting the tone for how the players will respond. Really, besides changes in future results, it is the only real evidence people have, even if it is meaningless. Applied to Fergie, I very much doubt his post match interviews complaining about refs in any way defined how he expected the players to respond or learn from a bad result.

Also, it is just another way to complain about results against relatively poor teams that have become worryingly consistent