Ole freezing out Juan Mata | He didn’t, Juan’s mother has just passed, RIP.

RashyForPM

Ole clearly didn’t freeze him out then. Going to add a subtitle to the title.

RIP Marta Garcia. To Juan and his family, the whole footballing world is with you. What a great guy.

Condolences as well @Antisocial. The whole Caf is with you.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
RIP Juan's mom. Explains why he was missing since Jan.

Condolences @Antisocial

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Horrible news, hugs to Juan and rest in peace Mrs Mata :(

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Something like this was always the most likely explanation for his absence in the circumstances, but I'm very sorry to see it confirmed like this.

I lost my mother five months ago and I'm nowhere near dealing with it, just getting on with things, so my sincere condolences to the Mata family :(
Condolences to Juan and his family and to you too Antisocial. Loosing a parent is tough, I've lost both my parents and it's been a while now but it never gets easier, you just have to strive through and live the best life you can in honour of them.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Condolences to Juan and his family and to you too Antisocial. Loosing a parent is tough, I've lost both my parents and it's been a while now but it never gets easier, you just have to strive through and live the best life you can in honour of them.
Seems like many of the classy or interesting posts here come from New members.

RIP Mata's mother.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Something like this was always the most likely explanation for his absence in the circumstances, but I'm very sorry to see it confirmed like this.

I lost my mother five months ago and I'm nowhere near dealing with it, just getting on with things, so my sincere condolences to the Mata family :(
Thoughts with you mate, sounds like we lost ours at the same time, bloody hard going isn’t it?

decorativeed

Very sad news. I actually met Mrs Mata a few years back when I worked on an exhibition Juan was doing with his charity. The whole Mata family pitched in to help moving things out of vans and putting everything in place. They were clearly a very supportive close knit group. Thoughts are with the family.

Okey

Of course he wasn't freezing him out. Screamed of one of those behind the scenes things we just didn't need to know. RIP Mata's mum. Much love to you Juan.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think there's something going on we don't know about. He had good form earlier in the season so I'm sure if he was available he'd be taking part.

Is he even training these days?
You absolutely called it.

Few people here owe Ole and the club an apology.

Hope we see Mata again before the end of the season but support whatever decision he makes as I'm sure the club will.

Bertie Wooster

Im 37 years of age, ive been through some hard moments in my life...I don't know how I will cope with my Parents' death. Biggest fear in my life.
Yeah, same here.
I'm 42 and my parents are both elderly and I've recently become a carer for my mum who is still all there mentally, for now anyway, but struggling physically. I'm absolutely dreading anything happening to either, especially my mum.

Very sad to hear about Juan Mata's mother. And condolences to @Antisocial as well. Both suffering through my biggest fear at the moment.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Rip to matas mum. Only have fond memories of his time here. Class pure class the bloke is.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Hey @Antisocial, am really sorry to hear about your loss and the difficult time that you're going through.
Condolences :(
Condolences to Juan and sorry to hear of your loss also @Antisocial. Stay strong mate.
RIP.
Sorry about your loss @Antisocial
Terrible news. Sorry for your loss @Antisocial.
Makes so much more sense, RIP Mrs Mata. She looked like a beautiful soul, just like her son.

Condolences my friend, not many things hit harder than a parent's death. :(
Oh no. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Definitely. Ole's not the 'freeze 'em out' type.

Sorry about your Mum.
Heartfelt condolences.
Ole clearly didn’t freeze him out then. Going to add a subtitle to the title.

RIP Marta Garcia. To Juan and his family, the whole footballing world is with you. What a great guy.

Condolences as well @Antisocial. The whole Caf is with you.
RIP Juan's mom. Explains why he was missing since Jan.

Condolences @Antisocial

RIP Marta Garcia.

deepest condolences to JM and the family .

also Deepest condolences @Antisocial
Thoughts with you mate, sounds like we lost ours at the same time, bloody hard going isn’t it?
Sorry for your loss, @Antisocial
Yeah, same here.
I'm 42 and my parents are both elderly and I've recently become a carer for my mum who is still all there mentally, for now anyway, but struggling physically. I'm absolutely dreading anything happening to either, especially my mum.

Very sad to hear about Juan Mata's mother. And condolences to @Antisocial as well. Both suffering through my biggest fear at the moment.
Thanks everyone; I’m not usually one to post stuff like that online but this news obviously triggered me a bit before - really means a lot to receive so many supportive messages :)

Sorry to hear of your loss as well; I’m still having moments of thinking “I must remember to tell mum about...” and things like that which frustrate me, but otherwise the days just keep coming and going pointlessly.

One interesting thing I realised recently speaking to my sister the day after the four-month anniversary of her passing was that while I couldn’t believe it had been that long despite all that had happened since then, my sister felt completely the opposite - she couldn’t believe it hadn’t been longer given all that had happened since. We are in basically in the exact same position but feel completely different about the passage of time since she passed; strange how something like that has affected us so differently.

Fridge chutney

I checked redcafe after seeing a few players post condolences for Juan on instagram. 57 is no age. So sad.

@Antisocial condolences for your loss. Losing my mother and grandmother is one of my big dreads in life. I can't imagine what you're going through.

jeepers

Sorry for your loss buddy. Sending good vibes your way and to the Mata camp.

Lost my mom about 15 years ago as a teen and I’m still not over it. Time heals, but scars remain.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This shows there are so much that we don't know behind the scene in the dressing room and people in here and media are just making things up and creating unnecessary argument for it.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Im 37 years of age, ive been through some hard moments in my life...I don't know how I will cope with my Parents' death. Biggest fear in my life.
I lost both my parents when I was 34, within 3 weeks of each other. I coped but it changed my whole world.

red thru&thru

Sorry to hear about your losses, Pexbo & Antisocial.

But one thing that people will never learn...not to judge or start theories. Can be a number of reasons why someone maybe the way they are. Look at Jessie. He went through a lot but it still didn't stop people spouting out rubbish...even till now.

Footballers are human beings too. No amount of money can change the sad life experiences a person goes through. Just hope people are more considerate.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You never get over it. You just learn to cope better.

Raveneye

I get a feeling there is lobbying in the team. Ole seems to accommodate certain players way more than others. Rashford being top of that list.
Mata fecked his career joining United and United continues to ignore one of the last truly great pass masters.
It is evidence of his tactical naivety that we simply play with as many forwards as we can. We lack creativity. Martial and Rashford are both too poor and selfish to create. Greenwood too young and still developing and Cavani is there to score not primarily create for anyone else

Our set up is quite juvenile. We’d be more creative and make more chances if we didn’t pile on the forwards
Quite obvious that Ole plays favourites and Mata is the odd man out because he's deemed too nice and won't cause trouble in the media over a lack of playing time.
These aged like fine milk.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Thanks for sharing and being open. I'm of the same age and I have the same fear everyday. My parents are healthy now but the future like most things is unknown.

Just trying to enjoy every moment with them.

Also, my deepest condolences to Mata and @Antisocial

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Thanks for sharing and being open. I'm of the same age and I have the same fear everyday. My parents are healthy now but the future like most things is unknown.

Just trying to enjoy every moment with them.

Also, my deepest condolences to Mata and @Antisocial
What breaks you will be the simple acts -- like making a phone call, watching footie together or even just having brekkie together... never ever, ever again.

Like I said before, you never ever get over it. You just learn to cope.

TheReligion

Abusive
I lost my dad in my teens very unexpectedly. I'm a bit older now and it's brought me much closer to my mum. That said I often fear what will happen when she dies as I'm still young.

One thing I told my mates, and I'll tell you lot who are lucky enough to have both your parents, is make the bloody most of them whilst they are with you. Don't have any regrets. Take them out, go away on holiday with them, turn up at their house randomly and stay for tea.. just little things that you often don't think you have the time to do because you get caught up in life. Do them whilst they are here as you never really know the minute.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I lost my dad in my teens very unexpectedly. I'm a bit older now and it's brought me much closer to my mum. That said I often fear what will happen when she dies as I'm still young.

One thing I told my mates, and I'll tell you lot who are lucky enough to have both your parents, is make the bloody most of them whilst they are with you. Don't have any regrets. Take them out, go away on holiday with them, turn up at their house randomly and stay for tea.. just little things that you often don't think you have the time to do because you get caught up in life. Do them whilst they are here as you never really know the minute.
Amen to that. I would give my right nut for another 30 minutes with my Mum and Dad.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Amen to that. I would give my right nut for another 30 minutes with my Mum and Dad.
I've always had a good relationship with my parents but never superclose. That abruptly changed dramaticly 2 years ago when I was out barbequing with my SO and my mother calls me to say that my dad has had a heart attack and he's being flown with helicopter to a hospital. So yeah, I now go absolutely out of my way to connect as much as entirely possible with my parents for as long as I have them.

Call your parents often, those of you who don't.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Really wise advice. I'm coming up on 2 years since I've seen mine given the combination of my moving abroad and the pandemic - my parents haven't had the chance to meet their second granddaughter and my worst fear is something awful happens that means they never get to.

That said this is small potatoes compared to what others are going through - my heartfelt condolences to @Antisocial and @Pexbo. Hope you're both doing ok and getting the support you need.

Condolences as well to the Mata family - still will always love Juan no matter what.

Oldyella

Wise words.

Dinghy

That was hopefully his last minutes in a United-shirt. Such a fecking pointless player.

dablem_10

That was hopefully his last minutes in a United-shirt. Such a fecking pointless player.
i wouldnt call him by term as you, he was always proffessional, nice person and inteligent player. On other hand its clearly visible he should consider retirement or some retirement league.

Raveneye

Of all the threads you could possibly have picked to slag off Mata's performance, you picked the absolute classless one to do it in.