Ole gets the rebound

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Was just watching a recap of all Ole's goals for United. And he had a right habit of gobbling up the rebound on what would have been an absolutely incredible goal.

I already remembered the Cantona juggle and volley on to the bar which he scored, and the Giggs chip from near the halfway line which came off the post.

But one I had forgotten (which was between those two chronoligcally) was an absolute thunderbolt from Scholes which came off the bar and he knocked in too.

Of course it's always lauded, a striker who is in the right place for rebounds and keeper spills. But there can't be many who have finished off that typer of chance from such spectacular original shots.
Here's the video:

If I was good at this thread making business, I would have time marked the three specific goals I'm talking about. But I only thought of the thread after the third (which is about 17 minutes in). You'd be mad to not want to watch the whole thing anyway. :D

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Another interesting reason to watch the whole vid is to see just how many different ways commentators pronounced his name over the years!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Anyone sat through the whole 2000 goals vid yet?? :nervous:

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
I was a good few seasons into it, over multiple sittings. But I got distracted.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
There was another cracker from Ronaldo right near the end which he turned in after a rebound.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Watched it over a period of 4 days. Well worth it, really gave me a sense of United in the 90s as a fan who wasn't born then
Ah well done! :) Loved the Prem when it was all shiny and new. Practically every team had some big names and/or star players back then. Camera work is pretty shoddy compared to what it is now but Sky were the business back then especially with Soccer AM and Helen Chamberlain/Tim Lovejoy. What a show that was? :(

alexthelion

Another interesting reason to watch the whole vid is to see just how many different ways commentators pronounced his name over the years!
Almost as many times as the different ways in which Ole scored his goals.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I did it over some days. Really good entertainment. That video was taken away, wasn't it?
Still on YouTube. Think I might go through it as well. Has to be an entertaining and fascinating watch.

0le

Those '99 strikers had a bit of everything. Intelligence, technique, finishing, movement.