Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffthered

Finishing in 5th place might get us a CL spot.

I guess Ole's luck is turning?

Lets actually get our full team out there and see what we can do. Maybe a late season push.
[/QUOTE]

This is where OGS has taken this great, great, great club. Hoping for Fair play ruling to get us into the CL via some back-door-stroke-of-luck. We are now suggesting being fifth may constitute a good season.

We are becoming Arsenal under OGS. Going nowhere. Feeble, hopeful and without rage, bite or an edge.

Son

Lets actually get our full team out there and see what we can do. Maybe a late season push.
If his luck turns or not we should shake his hand & say he tried his best but next manager please.

We can’t keep doing these experimental seasons. It’s like shock treatment for the fans.

The fact Sheffield United are ahead of us tell us everything we need to know about we haven’t found the right guy.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If Ole gets CL football, it would mean a huge upswing in results from now until May with a depleted squad so yeah, if he was able to do that I'd rethink my stance. He isn't winning the Europa League, not in a million years for me, so it'd mean sustained league form which would be impressive given the pressure and circumstances. I would bet anything on that NOT happening, though - we're finishing around 8-10th.
Honestly i think we have a better chance at qualifying for the CL through EL than we do through the league and that is even considering City's ban and the fact that 5th place will be enough.

We've done fairly well in the cups. Still in the FA cup, won our EL group easily and got to the semis of the league cup. Seemingly we up our game quite considerably when the stakes are high (hence our decent results vs the big sides).

I also think people underestimate the relative strength of the EPL right now. Last year 3/4 semi finalists in the CL were from the EPL

We've done fairly well in the cups. Still in the FA cup, won our EL group easily and got to the semis of the league cup. Seemingly we up our game quite considerably when the stakes are high.
Astana, Alkmaar, Partizan

Rochdale, Chelsea, Colchester, City = out

Wolves, Wolves, Tranmere.

I don't consider that "fairly well" at all. In 10 cups games we've won just 2 games of note, nothing there suggests so far that we're a "good" cup side. Here's hoping though, as you say, we are fairly good game raisers so you never know.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Liverpool won the Champions League again and Ole manages to get this squad to a 6th place finish and then through the qualifying rounds into the Champions League next year then he deserves to show what he can do next season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If Liverpool won the Champions League again and Ole manages to get this squad to a 6th place finish and then through the qualifying rounds into the Champions League next year then he deserves to show what he can do next season.
Along with Pool winning the CL we can also pray that Wolves win the EL and finish ahead of us, that way 7th will also get CL.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Along with Pool winning the CL we can also pray that Wolves win the EL and finish ahead of us, that way 7th will also get CL.
Maximum of 5 spots from any nation. If we're going to get CL football, we're going to have to damn well earn it.

Mainoldo

You’ll have to break this one down. It doesn’t make no sense.

You want a manager to stay because our nearest rivals had there best season in decades whilst we’ve done the total opposite.

Mainoldo

End of Ole?

If City‘s Europe’s ban is upheld Pep will leave, I’m certain.

City will be looking for a new manager. Enter Pochettino into the mix.

It‘ll force Utd’s hand early if they’re serious about Pochettino.

Let the games commence...
We can hope!!

dove

We are not finishing 5th, Ole is that useless. If I had to bet, I would say 10th.

Enigma_87

You know who
We’re not finishing 5th.
Spurs are, especially when they get Kane back.

with City banned he can have shot at EL place but he will feck up that too.

Jeffthered

We’re not finishing 5th.
Spurs are, especially when they get Kane back.

with City banned he can have shot at EL place but he will feck up that too.
The sad thing is that OGS has created a climate where some fans aspire for Manchester United to finish 5th. Think about that. And he (OGS) has achieved this in a year.

That is not the hallmark of any manager I want at Manchester United. We are way behind Leicester City right now, let alone Pool' and Citeh'...

Enigma_87

You know who
The sad thing is that OGS has created a climate where some fans aspire for Manchester United to finish 5th. Think about that. And he (OGS) has achieved this in a year.

That is not the hallmark of any manager I want at Manchester United. We are way behind Leicester City right now, let alone Pool' and Citeh'...
He will ultimately fail, make no mistake. This is clear to his most brown nosed supporters as well.

L1nk

This is a decent analysis.

But despite overhauling the club as Howson says, we STILL have a better squad than Everton, Sheffield United etc and yet they are above us, how can you excuse that? How can you excuse 11 points from the relegation zone. Nobody is expecting us to keep up with Liverpool or City. As well at Pochettino not being an obvious upgrade? Come on, he's won nothing yet he's still achieved remotely more than Solskjaer has done his entire managerial career by getting to a CL final, you can't slag a man's career off as a reason for him not to be United manager but then excuse the fact Solskjaer not only got a team relegated but that he's barely done anything in the Norwegian league of all places and his team got better and won a league after he left.

It just smacks of Ole favouritism, and I'm not even all in on Pochettino, even though I'd prefer him.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ole's luck is amazing. Now he needs to be 5th and will keep the job.
I agree actually that his luck as Utd manager (and as a player, albeit to a far lesser extent) has been incredible - but we're currently 8th...

We're sat behind Spuds, Wolves, Sheffield United and Everton.

All these sides have superior managers and some have better fixtures also.

I certainly would presume that Ole is capable of getting 5th. He might, but it's far from a given.

SteveW

But despite overhauling the club as Howson says, we STILL have a better squad than Everton, Sheffield United etc and yet they are above us, how can you excuse that? How can you excuse 11 points from the relegation zone. Nobody is expecting us to keep up with Liverpool or City. As well at Pochettino not being an obvious upgrade? Come on, he's won nothing yet he's still achieved remotely more than Solskjaer has done his entire managerial career by getting to a CL final, you can't slag a man's career off as a reason for him not to be United manager but then excuse the fact Solskjaer not only got a team relegated but that he's barely done anything in the Norwegian league of all places and his team got better and won a league after he left.

It just smacks of Ole favouritism, and I'm not even all in on Pochettino, even though I'd prefer him.
Didn't he win the league for the first 2 times in Moldes history?

Ole is miles better than Poch in the big games. He needs to be given a chance to get the right players in. He's signed well so far.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Ole is miles better than Poch in the big games. He needs to be given a chance to get the right players in. He's signed well so far.
It's good to see you continuing to set an example for the rest of the clown show to follow.

Greck

Man keeps getting lifelines like it’s a GTA game or something
I know the board aren't the brightest but the anomalous circumstance of City getting banned didn't suddenly change what he is as a manager. If one didn't previously think he was good enough how does uefa's decision change that? If contact has been made with Poch I don't think they will call it off. Hopefully next season it's Poch benefitting from City's ban only having to come 5th to qualify. Ole already blew his shot and I don't see him making 5th even this year

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Cherry picking stats there. Did he bring up Ole's win rate? If you want to win the league it's pretty important how to do against all teams overall. Poch has led Spurs to their highest point tally in the PL ever and their highest position. Similiary he has led Southampton to their highest point tally ever in the PL. He took Spurs further in CL than any other Spurs manager have. If you want to cherry pick stats, you can bring up that he knocked out Pep's city in the CL while without Harry Kane.

And when you bring up spending, netspend is quite important when you work on a budget.

Ole has interim had the best 15 game start ever. Fact. Ever since PSG we've mainly been dire fact. Ole has broken negative records. that is also facts.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Also, without defending Moyes here, it was clear that Moyes squad was also in need of a rebuild. All the serial winners he mentioned like Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Carrick were on their last legs. Rooney was hitting his twillight form, RVP was entering the final stages of his career and his recurrent injury problems returned. Kagawa was never really a succes here. I'm not defending Moyes, he should have done much better, but that was a squad where the all the top players were on their last legs.

Kurton

He just speaks shit in that video. He attributes the new manager bounce to Ole also citing overturning 2-0 deficit away from home in Europe, but conveniently ignores the shit that we are seeing ever since. All the shit performances is down to crap players. It's the same stupid Ole in arguments we see here.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Howson is one of the most disingenuous people you'll ever hear on this type of topic. Don't listen to him much, but when i have he don't half talk some utter nonsense. Cherry picks his stats to suit whatever type of agenda he wants to drive, then when he gets called out on it he doubles down even though he's completely wrong. You can't debate someone like that, or take them seriously. They will never admit they're wrong.

I also love how he thinks that he's destroyed the "myth" of Pochettino :lol:

The myth of Pochettino ffs. He's an utter helmet. His acolytes lap it up though.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

What happened to you? Has someone else took over your account?

I'm sure i remember you used to be level-headed in the past.

Fooza

Howson :lol: To be fair i used to listen to him until Ole's time in management, he's got progressively worse over time. Mckola is much level headed and less delusional.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Howson is one of the most disingenuous people you'll ever hear on this type of topic. Don't listen to him much, but when i have he don't half talk some utter nonsense. Cherry picks his stats to suit whatever type of agenda he wants to drive, then when he gets called out on it he doubles down even though he's completely wrong. You can't debate someone like that, or take them seriously. They will never admit they're wrong.

I also love how he thinks that he's destroyed the "myth" of Pochettino :lol:

The myth of Pochettino ffs. He's an utter helmet. His acolytes lap it up though.
The bolded makes me cringe. Simply look at where Spurs are now to when he first came in... achieved on a fraction of the budget of their rivals. It's obvious.

They got a new stadium built whilst staying in the top 4, when we have spent a fortune and have finished no where near... Imagine Utd fans trying to downplay his achievements, when we know the most, how hard it is to consistently finish top 4.

Last edited:

ash_86

Also, without defending Moyes here, it was clear that Moyes squad was also in need of a rebuild. All the serial winners he mentioned like Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand, Giggs, Carrick were on their last legs. Rooney was hitting his twillight form, RVP was entering the final stages of his career and his recurrent injury problems returned. Kagawa was never really a succes here. I'm not defending Moyes, he should have done much better, but that was a squad where the all the top players were on their last legs.
That's one of the qualms I have with moyes. If he had realized the squad is over the hill and actually did something about it like we did past summer then at least some people would have been behind him acknowledging the fact. He did nothing and just stood there thinking everything was fine and rosy.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

We'll lose to Chelsea and they'll just start questioning the manager.

Goldbridge said he'll give Ole another chance if he'll sign Fernandes and after Wolves game he was back with moaning that Ole wastes players.

These fan channels are lulzy sometimes.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The bolded makes me cringe. Simply look at where Spurs are now to when he first came in... achieved on a fraction of the budget of their rivals. It's obvious.

They got a new stadium built whilst staying in the top 4, when we have spent a fortune and have finished no where near... Imagine Utd fans trying to downplay his achievements, when we know the most, how hard it is to consistently finish top 4.
The thing is as well, what the dummy doesn't seem to realise is that Pochettino got Spurs to a position where they were able to compete for titles (or at least finish consistently in the top four). Yeah, he's not perfect and he probably should have one the Premier League the year Leicester won it, but he built them up to that position. I've heard that Howson talk about how good the squad was and how great they were for a few seasons but they didn't win anything. Yeah, he made them that great you tit.

Basically, he got Spurs to a position where you are now judging them by a different standard. Because i don't think many people were judging Spurs the way they judge them now before Pochettino came in. Obviously they were a decent size club before he arrived, i'm not trying to say he took them from complete obscurity. But he absolutely elevated that team and squad and improved a lot of those players.

liamp

We'll lose to Chelsea and they'll just start questioning the manager.

Goldbridge said he'll give Ole another chance if he'll sign Fernandes and after Wolves game he was back with moaning that Ole wastes players.

These fan channels are lulzy sometimes.
Pretty accurate reflection of a typical fan IMO

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
End of Ole?

If City‘s Europe’s ban is upheld Pep will leave, I’m certain.

City will be looking for a new manager. Enter Pochettino into the mix.

It‘ll force Utd’s hand early if they’re serious about Pochettino.

Let the games commence...
If Pep leaves City, why would we go for Poch and not Pep?

Status
Not open for further replies.