Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngrell

His game management is the one of the worst I have seen. So he doesn't start Bruno but was running Rashford to the ground and even starting him against Colchester. This is shocking management.
So you want him to keep running players into the ground and not learn from his mistakes?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Wasn't that defense most recently used for Jose
I believe you’re either though ignorance or intentionally getting it twisted. The board extended his contract and then didn’t back him during his last transfer window eg Maguire / Alderwerald etc. No one said he needed more transfer windows, it’s just that after finishing 2nd the board should have either backed him or sacked him, instead of wasting that summer

Mickson

Predictably drab affair, 1-1 isn't the worst result though and I expect Utd to get the job done in the next leg of the tie.

To those saying that this game should mean his sacking - get a grip!

OGS plays crap footy, this is a given at this point. His in game management is crap, this is a given at this point.

What were you expecting from this game!? Europa away games are often drab affairs, and this Utd side and manager aren't exactly known for sparkling footy and excitement.

There are games and results that Ole deserves to've been sacked after - this isn't one of them.

He's a dull, crap manager who plays dull, drab footy, but a 1-1 away draw in the Europa isn't a bad result, let alone a sackable one.
Such a tiring cliché, why should an away game against a Belgian side be that per definition?

reddevil702

You don’t even know any of the Brugge players though.

How many internationals they have? Who’s there best player? What‘s the name of their manager?
:lol: They don't have a fecking clue, Just making more excuses for Ole.The truth is not even Brugge would hire Ole! He's the only one that doesn't get into that side.

Cliche Guevara

Didn’t see the match, but fed up with the result. Can’t believe the line up after the winter break. Ole should’ve played our strongest team and put the tie to bed early then rest players for the 2nd leg when the job is done!
Continuing to have faith in players like Perreira and Lingard shows how inept Ole is.
fecking hell. He’s getting results with these cnuts. Don’t you get that?

If those players were replaced with thenecessary quality we’d have smashed that team tonight. As it was he put out the weakest team he probably could have that would have got anything from the game.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don't care if Pereira, Lingard and Mata are on the pitch.. Our performance on the pitch is bad. It looks like we don't practice drills at all or patterns. Look at Marco Rose with Monchengladbach.. Farke with Norwich, Bielsa with Leeds, Wilder with Sheffield... You don't need Pogba or Mctominay or Rashford for us to play good football like any of these teams do we? Can any Ole in actually tell me that we actually play better and more structured and organized football than any of these teams I've mentioned who we are not worse than? I swear it's like most of you don't watch other teams and watch only us.

passing-wind

No it just means he spent 130M on defenders last summer and until recently had to make do with Lingard, Pereira and a well past expiry date Mata as the creative outlets in attack.
I don't care if Pereira, Lingard and Mata are on the pitch.. Our performance on the pitch is bad. It looks like we don't practice drills at all or patterns. Look at Marco Rose with Monchengladbach.. Farke with Norwich, Bielsa with Leeds, Wilder with Sheffield... You don't need Pogba or Mctominay or Rashford for us to play good football like any of these teams do we? Can any Ole in actually tell me that we actually play better and more structured and organized football than any of these teams I've mentioned who we are not worse than? I swear it's like most of you don't watch other teams and watch only us.
Finally someone with common sense and two eye balls that work as they are intended. The whole argument of better players giving us better results is absolute nonsense. A better manager will change the fortunes of our club, fans should stop beating around the bush that is the facts.

Denis79

Maguie and Martial apart, the XI we put out today was about the level of Brugge
They played at their level I agree but they should perform better than that. Brugge were absolute garbage, I apologise to any Brugge fans on here but it's been a long time since I've watched a poorer team in the knock-out stages of a european cup. At home, fielding as I understand it their best team, they were dreadful.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ole needs to play top players to compensate to his lack of tactics.

mu4c_20le

I believe you’re either though ignorance or intentionally getting it twisted. The board extended his contract and then didn’t back him during his last transfer window eg Maguire / Alderwerald etc. No one said he needed more transfer windows, it’s just that after finishing 2nd the board should have either backed him or sacked him, instead of wasting that summer
I'm talking about Spurs.

devilish

If lack of tactics can beat Chelsea and City away, Spurs, Leicester, and be the only team to take points off Liverpool, sign me up.
He’s a one trick pony ie counter attack. It is effective for the big sides but it won't break the smaller ones.

lawliet354

Again I didn't watch the match, but good result and we rested few players apparently so why not. Will take it. Hardly anything to complain.
You will have a lot of complains if you watched a football game of Lingard and Pereira playing together. Sometimes I ask myself why bother watching when I know it's gonna be tumescent game with the team not knowing any semblance structure of playing football whatsoever.

el3mel

You will have a lot of complains if you watched a football game of Lingard and Pereira playing together. Sometimes I ask myself why bother watching when I know it's gonna be tumescent game with the team not knowing any semblance structure of playing football whatsoever.
I'm strictly Ole out but since I didn't watch the game and can only evaluate the result and that we rested few players, I can't complain much. Maybe if I had watched the game I might have changed my opinion.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
You don’t even know any of the Brugge players though.

How many internationals they have? Who’s there best player? What‘s the name of their manager?
Everyone knows who Mingy is, but that's not the point. I can only speak for myself, but outside of the obvious superstars i cant really name a single player in the Spanish, Italian and German leagues, where as pretty much every PL will be a household name around here, does not mean they are better players

According to transfermarkt they have 13 internationals, which again does not say all that much. Lindgard is an England international, hes still shite. Pereira AFAIK has a cap for Brazil, so i guess that makes him a Brazilian international (:lol:).

Point is, Brugge has been regular CL contenders the last few years and this year they ended third in a group with Real and PSG. They're not a completely shite team

90 + 5min

Yes, lets be more like Norwich and Leeds. Sorry, why stop there? Let’s be like Coventry, Cheltenham.

Yes, we are better and play better then those teams. So, time to move on.

James Ward

Yes, lets be more like Norwich and Leeds. Sorry, why stop there? Let’s be like Coventry, Cheltenham.

Yes, we are better and play better then those teams. So, time to move on.
I can get where he comes from, with the level of players we have we play absolutely shocking football.

We look completely disorganized and disinterested in matches.

Odin

Pereira, Lingard and even Dalot seem shot of confidence. The club will want to reignite them to a level where they can be useful for us or moved on. Yesterday was a chance for them to get their game back. Mata can do a job in some games, Matic can do a job in most games. Our first eleven is shaping up, and it doesn't contain the aforementioned players, although Matic has proved to be very useful for us this season.

I believe last night was about rotating players at a level where we still might get a good result (others have mentioned this already, it's almost like it's a wise thing to do...), thereby giving squad players a chance to audition for their future at United. Alternatively they are playing for their future at another club, which I am sure a lot on here would appreciate?

We can field a strong, rested team against Watford and play an appropriately strong team in the return match against Brugge at OT. No complaints. Onwards.

Reactions: roonster09

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ole needs to play top players to compensate to his lack of tactics.
He's Haaland's second football daddy and still, Haaland didn't want to join us. So I guess his lack of tactics will be further magnified by the lack of quality players wanting to play for him. Which means We're fecked.

Do people really believe Sancho would join us?

SteveW

That game further illustrates the difficult job Oles had to do with that group of midfielders this season. Bruno absolutely transformed the team when he came on. Good players make the difference.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If lack of tactics can beat Chelsea and City away, Spurs, Leicester, and be the only team to take points off Liverpool, sign me up.
So you're okay with us becoming Liverpool the game raisers? back when They won feck all but hey at least They smashed United 1-0.

James Ward

What I can see happening the weekend is Chelsea and Spurs drawing and we end up losing to Watford.

It's going to happen.

devilish

Just because you wouldn’t know a tactic if it hit you in the face, doesn’t mean we don’t have them.
The tactic is always the same ie counter attack football. That works well with bigger clubs who want the whole 3 points but fails miserable with those who settle with a draw. We had the worst start since 1989 and we are behind the likes of Sheffield United and Leicester. Let that sink in

Zen86

The tactic is always the same ie counter attack football. That works well with bigger clubs who want the whole 3 points but fails miserable with those who settle with a draw. We had the worst start since 1989 and we are behind the likes of Sheffield United and Leicester. Let that sink in
Lazy, cliched assessment as usual from you. Try harder.

devilish

Lazy, cliched assessment as usual from you. Try harder.
Since when facts are deemed as a lazy clichéd assessment? The fact you are going personal instead of attacking the argument speaks volumes on whose wrong and whose right here

Godfather

Almost shat my pants from joy when I saw the thread that he was stepping down next summer.... Jesus how good would that be

Godfather

For feck sakes. We're playing some shit team from the Belgian league. Under LvG, we put 5 past them.
Was this the game Depay destroyed the whole team on his own? Really thought he could make it here after that performance. Now we are starting Lingard and Pereira...

Status
Not open for further replies.