Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbulf

His game management is the one of the worst I have seen. So he doesn't start Bruno but was running Rashford to the ground and even starting him against Colchester. This is shocking management.
Christ...

You do know we have 7 games in 21 days? Getting critique for both overplaying Rashford and for resting Bruno... what would you say if Bruno played all 7games and got injured?

TheGame

He's Haaland's second football daddy and still, Haaland didn't want to join us. So I guess his lack of tactics will be further magnified by the lack of quality players wanting to play for him. Which means We're fecked.

Do people really believe Sancho would join us?
What are you even babbling on about. The issue with Haaland was the release clause which we didn’t want but you keep sprouting crap.

TRUERED89

United's pockets are deep very deep. We would need to do changes though like hiring a top manager
CL and £200k would probably convince him though, he’s still very young so he wouldn’t be wasting his prime years under a shit team/manager either. CL is the vital component here imo. Also hopefully his close mate Rashy puts a good word in :)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That has been deleted for good I think. Was a fake Twitter account and someone fell for it,
He won't resign. The guy won't get a job at top level anytime soon. He will milk it to the full

devilish

CL and £200k would probably convince him though, he’s still very young so he wouldn’t be wasting his prime years under a shit team/manager either. CL is the vital component here imo. Also hopefully his close mate Rashy puts a good word in :)
That's why I think that us bringing in a top manager will be more important than CL football.

devilish

Possibly true. A quality manager combined with our resources is a big draw.
Someone like Jadon has all the time in the world to play CL football. What I think is important to him is a manager that will develop him adequately

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How is it that Ole gets praised for beating Chelsea, Man City etc then people blame the players for drawing or losing?
That's just it. No one is blaming anybody. When we beat Chelsea and City people are happy and they are praising everybody.

Last nights game was a nothing. Forgotten almost instantly like so many other games every season. A means to an end. We gambled with the line-up and got a decent result. That's it. Nothing to see here. Everyone played how we knew they would. We learnt nothing new.

It's only the angry mob that need to evaluate and pick apart our manager every single day of the week. It's so spectacularly boring by now, and has been for months. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice and sensible guy in real life, but put you on Redcafe and you complain about how we dont play football like Norwich do just to make a point.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Someone like Jadon has all the time in the world to play CL football. What I think is important to him is a manager that will develop him adequately
Agreed. His priority would be developing himself as a footballer and playing in an exciting football team that is set up to eventually challenge for the biggest honours.

jamesjimmybyrondean

That's just it. No one is blaming anybody. When we beat Chelsea and City people are happy and they are praising everybody.

Last nights game was a nothing. Forgotten almost instantly like so many other games every season. A means to an end. We gambled with the line-up and got a decent result. That's it. Nothing to see here. Everyone played how we knew they would. We learnt nothing new.

It's only the angry mob that need to evaluate and pick apart our manager every single day of the week. It's so spectacularly boring by now, and has been for months. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice and sensible guy in real life, but put you on Redcafe and you complain about how we dont play football like Norwich do just to make a point.
What the hell is this post :lol:. When we beat Chelsea and City there were alot of posters praising Ole. How last night's game was nothing is beyond me. Every game that is crucial to champions league qualification matters including last night's game.

If you think it's so boring that Ole gets criticised frequently then what are you still doing on this thread. When I made the point about how Norwich plays better football than us I made sure I put other teams like Borussia Monchengladbach who are chasing the Bundesliga, Leeds who are chasing the championship title and Sheffield who are overachieving. But nope the Ole supporters that replied to that post only picked out Norwich and choose to ignore the other teams because that's what suits their agenda.

Im sure you're a smart guy in real life or you try to be so it saddens me a bit that you can't see that there are other coaches out there better than the one we have now.

Kurton

Norwich are about to be relegated but hey they play great football.
What a way show shit argument. Liverpool also play great football. The point of bringing Norwich is to show that you can play proper football without all the top players, not their league position. I don't know how can some people be so thick. Classic example of bringing the opponent down to your level and then criticising them.

Alabaster Codify7

Very ignorant post

The best thing about that post, is that those same posters claim Ole only appears to be a shite manager because of the players at his disposal yet they do not apply that same logic to guys like Daniel Farke who is apparently just a shit manager, and it's not to do with the fact he's managing Norwich City.

Also, in terms of playing football itself and the aesthetic of it, yeah I would much rather us be like Norwich or Leeds than the current football we are seeing which is something like 1998 Middlesbrough.

TheGame

What a way show shit argument. Liverpool also play great football. The point of bringing Norwich is to show that you can play proper football without all the top players, not their league position. I don't know how can some people be so thick.
What is the point of playing great football when you get relegated? No ideahow people can be great thick about that. Yay, we are relegated but play great football! I’m sure that’s reassuring for the fans.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Today I learned 24 goals scored and twice as many conceded in 26 games is the definition of 'proper football'. We've got some real geniuses on here.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
What the hell is this post :lol:. When we beat Chelsea and City there were alot of posters praising Ole. How last night's game was nothing is beyond me. Every game that is crucial to champions league qualification matters including last night's game.

If you think it's so boring that Ole gets criticised frequently then what are you still doing on this thread. When I made the point about how Norwich plays better football than us I made sure I put other teams like Borussia Monchengladbach who are chasing the Bundesliga, Leeds who are chasing the championship title and Sheffield who are overachieving. But nope the Ole supporters that replied to that post only picked out Norwich and choose to ignore the other teams because that's what suits their agenda.

Im sure you're a smart guy in real life or you try to be so it saddens me a bit that you can't see that there are other coaches out there better than the one we have now.
It was picked out because it was extreme and over the top. I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've watched Borussia or Leeds regularly this season, but it's more likely that youve just heard some blokes talking about them.

Oh, and I know for certain that there are better coaches out there than Ole. 100% sure. I dont need him to be number 1 in the world to back him. I just need him to be doing what's right for the club and IMO he is

tonnas

The worse excuse for the OLE IN bridgate are injuries. First of all two of them were Ole's fault, secondly even with that squad, the squad is BETTER then the like sof brugge, bournemouth, newcastle and co and we played badly and got outplayes in most of these games...thats up to the manager who is NOT up to pat. So stop bringing injuries as excuses.

romufc

The worse excuse for the OLE IN bridgate are injuries. First of all two of them were Ole's fault, secondly even with that squad, the squad is BETTER then the like sof brugge, bournemouth, newcastle and co and we played badly and got outplayes in most of these games...thats up to the manager who is NOT up to pat. So stop bringing injuries as excuses.
So Ole got them injured?

I dont think Lingard, Perreira, mata will get in any of those teams.

That means our squad is better than Chelsea, City, Spurs cause we beat them?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
How is it that Ole gets praised for beating Chelsea, Man City etc then people blame the players for drawing or losing?
Does he now? If you go back to say page 1015 of this thread, straight after Wolves, it gained about 20 new pages in two days, 90% of which are people absolutely losing their shit. Interestingly, this thread gained about 40 new pages in the break when no football was being played, which again was mostly moaning

After Chelsea, 5 new pages, where about 50% of the comments are moaning about how shit/lucky we were. After Chelsea people were busy fawning over Bruno (and rightfully so) because hes such an upgrade over those other mugs

So your theory that Ole gets heaped with praise every time we win and then somehow escapes criticism when we lose. Its just plain wrong.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It was picked out because it was extreme and over the top. I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt that you've watched Borussia or Leeds regularly this season, but it's more likely that youve just heard some blokes talking about them.

Oh, and I know for certain that there are better coaches out there than Ole. 100% sure. I dont need him to be number 1 in the world to back him. I just need him to be doing what's right for the club and IMO he is
As a poster has already said.. The point of mentioning Norwich was to show that you can play proper football without all the top players, not where they are on the table. Oh and the only Leeds game I've watched was against arsenal but I was once following Borussia Monchengladbach games to check out the hype of Marco Rose. I like how you jump to conclusions.

I think Ole in crowd has been spoilt by LVG, Moyes, and Mourinho's tenure because of how poor their recruitment so Ole being the first manager since Ferguson to have good recruitment makes it seem like he's the best thing we need right now but he's not. So far he's 3 best recruitment are Maguire, Fernandes and AWB. Pochettino who is a better coach than Ole wanted both Fernandes and AWB at Tottenham. So what's so special about Ole if the recruitment his praised for can be done by a better coach?

theklr

Because those are a very different kind of players. And they stink.

But yeah, why is he constantly changing formation when putting out our squad players?

They are so bad that the last thing they need is to suddenly play in a new formation and set-up.

Would say the bad play last night is 49% down to the players, 49% down to the formation/coaching and 2% down to the hail.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Does he now? If you go back to say page 1015 of this thread, straight after Wolves, it gained about 20 new pages in two days, 90% of which are people absolutely losing their shit. Interestingly, this thread gained about 40 new pages in the break when no football was being played, which again was mostly moaning

After Chelsea, 5 new pages, where about 50% of the comments are moaning about how shit/lucky we were. After Chelsea people were busy fawning over Bruno (and rightfully so) because hes such an upgrade over those other mugs

So your theory that Ole gets heaped with praise every time we win and then somehow escapes criticism when we lose. Its just plain wrong.
I'm not talking about the Caf in general but the people that support Ole. They talk about how he's beaten City and Chelsea and been the only team to draw Liverpool but don't mention him when we draw or lose to Bruge or Southampton or Burnley or Newcastle or Bournemouth etc

Last edited:

romufc

I agree, Ole has not got much praise this season and rightly so, it takes me back to Jose days when we used to pull a result out the bag and everyone thought, yep that's when our fortunes will change.

E.g Juve away

We pull great results, then go back to type and look dreadful.

tenpoless

What are you even babbling on about. The issue with Haaland was the release clause which we didn’t want but you keep sprouting crap.
Nah, moving to United where the playstyle isn't even clear, let alone how to create chances outside of counter attacks would hinder his development as a striker. He didn't want to join Ole at United.

"We didn't want to pay the release clause" is a face saving attempt. It's not like his release clause was 200m.

Kurton

What is the point of playing great football when you get relegated? No ideahow people can be great thick about that. Yay, we are relegated but play great football! I’m sure that’s reassuring for the fans.
I'll repeat again. Norwich is an example to show that you can play good football without top players. Their league position is irrelevant to the argument being presented. The discussion is not about league position but rather about the quality of players and the quality of football of the team as a whole. There are other teams that play good football like Leicester without expensive players. I hope you get the point.

tenpoless

Today I learned 24 goals scored and twice as many conceded in 26 games is the definition of 'proper football'. We've got some real geniuses on here.
I wonder how many of those 24 goals are scored by Rashford. The one kid He ran into the ground. 'Proper' United mentality to be playing with injuries. I bet even Roy Keane wouldn't be so bravely stupid.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
As a poster has already said.. The point of mentioning Norwich was to show that you can play proper football without all the top players, not where they are on the table. Oh and the only Leeds game I've watched was against arsenal but I was once following Borussia Monchengladbach games to check out the hype of Marco Rose. I like how you jump to conclusions.

I think Ole in crowd has been spoilt by LVG, Moyes, and Mourinho's tenure because of how poor their recruitment so Ole being the first manager since Ferguson to have good recruitment makes it seem like he's the best thing we need right now but he's not. So far he's 3 best recruitment are Maguire, Fernandes and AWB. Pochettino who is a better coach than Ole wanted both Fernandes and AWB at Tottenham. So what's so special about Ole if the recruitment his praised for can be done by a better coach?
It depends on whether the individual thinks that recruitment has been our biggest problem for years now, and also the most important thing we should be getting right above all else. I do believe that, and thats why I'm Ole in. Its no good throwing Poch into the equation because we think he might have signed the same players. Maybe he would, or maybe he would have signed duds, or maybe he would have been even better in the market. It doesn't matter because it isn't reality and he doesn't have the job. Ole does.

shaky

How is it that some people insist we only beat Chelsea because of lucky refereeing decisions, but when an illegally scored goal costs us a victory in the next match, that's apparently down to bad management rather than bad luck?

Kurton

You know nothing is binary, there are intermediates, there are infinite possible numbers just between 0 and 1. They play to the level that is possible given the resources available. That's the same with Ole, no one is expecting to win the league as we know the squad is not good enough for that but you can expect good football and a top t5 finish at the least with this squad.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Well said

tenpoless

Ole being the first manager since Ferguson to have good recruitment makes it seem like he's the best thing we need right now but he's not.
Van Gaal's signings :
  • Di Maria
  • Falcao
  • Herrera
  • Depay
  • Martial
  • Bastian Fecking Schweinsteiger
  • Luke Shaw
  • Blind
  • Schneiderlin (was deemed a very good signing, Carrick replacement)
  • Darmian (was good back then)
  • Romero
  • Rojo
Ole's signings don't even come close to that, on paper.

Giggsyking

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he knew Marcus Rashford was struggling and played him against Wolves - now he's out for three months," Ian Wright said on BBC Radio 5 Live,
This is not a manager of a great club like ours. This is an ignorant manager who does not deserve to be at the club.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I'm not talking about the Caf in general but the people that support Ole
I dont think there is a single poster here who has elusively given him the credit for the wins and simultaneously pinned all the blame for our bad results on the players. That would be insane.

No one in their right mind is happy about losing to Newcastle, Burnley and Norwhich, but at the same time people are understandably pleased about beating City and Chelsea away. This is a joint effort after all so its just fair that the team as a whole (coaches and players) gets blame and praise in equal measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.