Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Whenever one gets a little positive about him, he doesn't disappoint and follows immediately by a crap performance and underwhelming game management.

Can see some saying a hard fought point and all this BS while playing against the 11th in the league.

Rajma

Taking ages with subs when it’s clear to everyone we need changes and persisting with wrong formation when Everton clearly had it figured in the second half. We’re carrying an amateur learning his trade here.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Goodison is a tough ground to go to, point is not the worst result. Although, 2nd half performance was really bad

I still haven't seen enough to change my vote, see the season out and then appoint a new manager in the summer

Canagel

schooled by Don Carlo. hes lucky that Bruno will end up keeping him in the job just like Pogba gave it to him in first place.

amateur football by a amateur coach

L1nk

I mean, I thought we did well first half, so I can't chastize him for that, we looked decent enough. For me it's the fact he couldn't adapt in the second half, Ancelotti adapted to us and thats why Everton nearly won it in the second half, Solskjaer couldn't adapt and that's why we were basically a non factor bar that one Fernandes/Ighalo chance. Which basically sums him up as a manager for me.

Just looks like the plan is to hope Fernandes comes up with something now.

Utdstar01

Almost like he was waiting for Everton to score. The subs did absolutely nothing either. If anything we had no foothold in the game after the subs. I was shocked we didn't concede.

SAFMUTD

It’s amazing how we get to be coached by a piss poor manager while freaking everton gets Ancelotti.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ancelotti had the better of him after half-time. We were lucky to come away with the draw, even though we were much the better team in the first half. He's just not good enough for the highest level.

3KDré

We are just far too inconsistent. He is not good enough, it's clear as day.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Moyes after 28 games had 48 points, better attack and similar defence. Yet, most wanted him sacked at this stage 6 years ago. Ridiculous that this man is meant to win us fecking titles at some stage :lol:

PepsiCola

Moyes after 28 games had 48 points, better attack and similar defence. Yet, most wanted him sacked at this stage 6 years ago. Ridiculous that this man is meant to win us fecking titles at some stage :lol:
Moyes took over a league winning side

Give your head a wobble.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Ancelotti had the better of him after half-time. We were lucky to come away with the draw, even though we were much the better team in the first half. He's just not good enough for the highest level.
So no credit for being far better than Ancelotti in the first half? We should just judge on the 2nd?

I bet the De Gea disaster was Ole's fault as well?

Roboc7

He was happy to take a point, that’s his style so not a surprise. A really poor team is going to finish 4th this year and he’s just very fortunate that he can perform badly and play a very passive style that still gives us a chance of being that team.

RollieOle

Ole out brigade out in force tonight after being quiet for so long. Poor mistake cost us the game today, Everton away is never an easy game. Only 3 points of 4th and in the FA cup after a injury hit season. People need to relax.

E-mal

He deserves to see the season out but my God we need change.
He is tactically shit during a game.

L1nk

So no credit for being far better than Ancelotti in the first half? We should just judge on the 2nd?

I bet the De Gea disaster was Ole's fault as well?
You give him credit for the first sure, but the fact he couldn't adapt after Ancelotti adapted should tell you all you need to know about how limited he is surely.

Di Maria's angel

Ole out brigade out in force tonight after being quiet for so long. Poor mistake cost us the game today, Everton away is never an easy game. Only 3 points of 4th and in the FA cup after a injury hit season. People need to relax.
Ha. It was just a week ago where we drew to a pathetic Belgian team in the EL. How is that long?

PepsiCola

Ha. It was just a week ago where we drew to a pathetic Belgian team in the EL. How is that long?
Pathetic?

They were a CL side, their home record is great and they gave good showings against madrid.

Also, the first game of a two legged tie. The second we won 5-0

spiriticon

Bringing on perennial slowpoke Juan Mata in a high tempo, high energy game?

It's so genius I can't even understand it

el3mel

It's not a valid comparison.

Moyes took over league champions

Ole took over a struggling side mid season.

You're not very bright, are you?
We're approaching the end of his first full season. More than anything, getting an entire mid season first to assess the team and install his style without much pressure before starting his first season should be a bless not the opposite.

However we still can't string more than 2 wins in a row or 3 good performances in a row.

RUCK4444

Yeah it’s to be expected now.

I expected a difficult game today, you can’t legislate for De Gea having a complete brain fart.

I thought we played well, especially the first half.

We should have scored more than one.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No, I give him credit for the initial set-up sure, we have been playing very well of late. But teams do end up getting the better of us in the 2nd half a lot. That's not by coincidence is it? He's too slow to react to changes. Whether that's Ancelotti making tactical changes in his midfield (increasing numbers around Bruno, pressing higher up, stopping us from building play in midfield), or making subs/changes himself, it seems to take him forever. He had no answer to Ancelotti in the 2nd half btw.

Mourinho was one of the best at it, as soon as the oppo manager made a change, he would react straight-away within the next 5 mins, sometimes changing shape, or he would keep something under his sleeve to surprise the opponent in the 2nd half. It was one of his traits that made him such a top manager. We almost never see Ole react similarly to an opponent. I just don't see Ole as being sharp enough for the highest level.

Di Maria's angel

It's not a valid comparison.

Moyes took over league champions

Ole took over a struggling side mid season.

You're not very bright, are you?
I'm not quite sure what your point is. The squad Ole took over finished 2nd in their last completed season. A squad now that has 42 points after 28 games.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What does he say at half time? Even we play well first half we turn to shit second half. I have a feeling that he is happy with draw in away games

DRM

What does he say at half time? Even we play well first half we turn to shit second half. I have a feeling that he is happy with draw in away games
Yep he clearly is, even said it in his post match interview!

kiristao

I think he got the formation wrong. He should have either dropped Matic or Mctominay and played Greenwood on the right, Martial on the left and Ighalo upfront.
AVB isn't aggressive enough going forward to play the RB and RW role so Mactominay was forced to play RW and looked completely lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.