Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

I don’t think he will manage in the premier league after being sacked in december.

Acole9

Outstanding
Isn't good enough for Everton? some saying he's not even better than Hughes, Moyes? :lol: the man has won titles, just like Klopp. Have some respect.
Oh come on that isn't even comparable. Sorry to any Norwegians on the forum but Moyes or Hughes would rock up in that league and probably win a title. Klopp has won league titles in a far superior league.

JohnnyKills

Your point being what? Has he won anything yet? Even LVG has won the FA Cup, and that's more than Klopp to date.

Playing nice but winning nothing is not what we want. Any fan who will accept second place season in and season out is not a fan.
Sorry mate, you must be a troll. No-one could write such garbage seriously.

siw2007

Though I’m having doubts about Ole, he should be backed for the time being, even if he’s just a placeholder until someone appropriate is available. If we sack him now then there is no one really worth picking up. Poch is ideal but near impossible to get at the moment, I’m sure he’ll stick it out at Spurs. Managers like Conte and Simeone have big reputations but are defensive coaches, so will not be suitable.

So no rushed calls, keep Ole until we can get the best manager for us. No point getting another wrong choice and then sacking them. Players still have to take a big part of the blame, many need to find another club.

caid

That's about 10-12 players easily, it won't happen so either Ole works wonders or we look for another manager again
Or you accept that it would require a miracle for any manager to make this team competitive. So you support who you have as best you can until you've made changes to the team.
Or you keep chasing fairy tales and throw your old plan out the window every 6 months

el3mel

Moyes was shit for United. Doesn't change the fact he's had a better managerial career than Solskjaer.
Honestly people here had shite thrown at them for saying Moyes and Rodgers had better career than Ole so far. Top, top red stuff that. Whatever you believe in Ole or not this is a fact not a discussion worthy thing that managers who managed for many years in PL have better career than someone who managed Cardiff and Molde and just about to start his first big appointment.

Mr.Kaya

Jose wasn't even given this luxury, Ole won't either because Woodward is clueless but sadly Woodward is the most unremovable figure at the club and refuses to hire a DoF because he fancies himself as being it and he won't properly allow a significant overhaul in 1 window. No, instead of clearing out some dead weight and going for proper team building targets Woodward will be focused on a kit profit signing like Paulo Dybala and will sign a CM that is linked by papers to City, Chelsea, or Liverpool but not a CM we need and then will be sitting there having spent 150m+ on 2 players we didn't need instead of getting a proper commanding CB, a RB that can defend and put in crosses that actually find people and a CM that is an actual fit that improves the MF.

Exactly...And the lot would still blame the manager, wouldnt they?

mu4c_20le

Oh come on that isn't even comparable. Sorry to any Norwegians on the forum but Moyes or Hughes would rock up in that league and probably win a title. Klopp has won league titles in a far superior league.
Obviously not saying hes as good as Klopp but disagree with that.. he broke up the monopoly from a rich, dominant team in that league while playing attractive attacking football. Maybe Sparky could've, i wasnt disrespecting him when bringing up his name, just saying that Ole has been in a title race before, he's not some studio analyst who's never lasted a couple of months.

Kapardin

Honestly people here had shite thrown at them for saying Moyes and Rodgers had better career than Ole so far. Top, top red stuff that. Whatever you believe in Ole or not this s a fact not a discussion worthy thing that managers who managed for many years in PL have better career than someone who managed Cardiff and Molde and just about to start his first big appointment.
Atleast with Rodgers, he persisted with his style even during the time Liverpool went to shit under him. One thing about him is that he never loses the clarity of his system when he feels the heat, even if it fails.

Nikelesh Reddy

Though I’m having doubts about Ole, he should be backed for the time being, even if he’s just a placeholder until someone appropriate is available. If we sack him now then there is no one really worth picking up. Poch is ideal but near impossible to get at the moment, I’m sure he’ll stick it out at Spurs. Managers like Conte and Simeone have big reputations but are defensive coaches, so will not be suitable.

So no rushed calls, keep Ole until we can get the best manager for us. No point getting another wrong choice and then sacking them. Players still have to take a big part of the blame, many need to find another club.
Keep Ole and we keep getting pushed further and further down the abyss....The further we keep sliding now,the harder it becomes to even attract a top class manager like Pochettino....We can’t keep living on our reputation forever....

Beaucoup

I simply don’t trust him to rebuild the team when he has zero experience in doing so, the job is too big for him. He’ll be gone by Christmas and we’ll have blown another 200mil on players the next manager won’t want.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
He wont make top 4 next season. He just wont
Honestly think its highly unliky we make top 4 who ever the manager is next season, the squad is absolute mess, it isnt just a case of brining in a a player or two, or a new manager.....
  • we need a complete reassessment of the way the footballing side of the club is been run,
  • an assessment of that attitude of the squad and what causing it.
  • and assessment of the ability of the whole squad.
  • an assessment of our scouting next work becuase our recruitment has been below par
  • an assessment of our training method, facilities everything, becuase players under numerous managers now have just come hear and regressed.
  • Then once we have done that assessment we start to formulate a plan as to how to address the issues.
At the moment though we arn't even at a place where we look like we have even done a proper search as to people who could come in and actually start assess never mind fix these problems. So this isn't something that you can even begin to do in one summer. So no we arn't likely to get top 4 next season, nor do I really even think it should be the goal, the goal at the moment is just to get a plan in place to turn the page on this mess. Thier is no short cuts to do that, and we as fans should accept that if we truely want to be back challanging the best way to do it is take the time needed and do it right.

So like I say fire Ole bring a team in (director of football/manager/head of recruitment....) who can asses the state of the footballing side club, take their time get it right, make smart well thought out decisions.

Not just quick we need to restructure the team, lets spend money, becuase we will end up back exactly where we are now.

Atheist

It seems like he'll continue to persist with the mediocre British contingent i.e Jones/Young/Lingard/Smalling which is extremely worrying. We need radical change, not an extension of the status quo.

siw2007

Keep Ole and we keep getting pushed further and further down the abyss....The further we keep sliding now,the harder it becomes to even attract a top class manager like Pochettino....We can’t keep living on our reputation forever....
But at the same time we can’t just keep hiring the wrong managers and then sacking them just to start again. This is the boards fault for lack of vision and planning.

Crashoutcassius

How about a 3rd option. We start building the playing staff and ignore who the head coach is. We don't need to back or sack anyone, we let the results take care of that

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I refuse to believe the 12 game streak was just a new manager bounce.

I’m baffled how it’s changed so radically, we looked so good at first and our attack was stringing together really nicely.

Now we suddenly look clueless again.

Today we were probably a bit unlucky as the penalty shouldn’t have happened and we could have scored 5 ourselves. The aura and confidence we had has just completely evaporated.

I can only hope that we have a great pre season and then hit the ground running, we can’t afford a sloppy start.

Crashoutcassius

It seems like he'll continue to persist with the mediocre British contingent i.e Jones/Young/Lingard/Smalling which is extremely worrying. We need radical change, not an extension of the status quo.
what makes you say that? because he didn't start a spanish left back that we haven't signed yet today? how can he chance them to new players that we dont have?

Crashoutcassius

I simply don’t trust him to rebuild the team when he has zero experience in doing so, the job is too big for him. He’ll be gone by Christmas and we’ll have blown another 200mil on players the next manager won’t want.
I dont trust any manager to do it really. Every other club that has done it the last while has had more experience that ed woodward making decisions. Its not about manager anymore, after 6 years

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Be interested to know where @bleedred and @Dec9003 now stand on this...?

Neither have been seen in here since May 5th - the exact same date for both.
Nothing's changed, I think the squad needs an overhaul.
If we let keeping managers take all the blame we'll never get back to the top I don't think.
We've somehow managed to outspend most teams, and yet we have a broken, unbalanced side.
Maybe the higher ups need to change, I don't know if a DOF is the answer, but maybe it is.
I like Ole, and I think given the chance and the backing, he'd leave us with a stronger squad than the one he inherited.
Many people don't trust Ole, though, due to his CV, which is fair.

Johnnyredboots

Merson predicted that if Utd lost today Ole might get sacked.

Is Merson just drunk again or is that a possibility?

Beaucoup

I dont trust any manager to do it really. Every other club that has done it the last while has had more experience that ed woodward making decisions. Its not about manager anymore, after 6 years
I agree it’s not just the manager that’s the problem, but having a shit one doesn’t make it any easier.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We still have fans who think a strong summer and pre-season and we'll be playing quality football again, deary me.

It is all well and good to call out the squad as unfit, gutless, overpaid etc etc but the reality is no club sells 10 players in one window. With some of the wages we've put these players on, it'll be a nightmare to shift them. We'll be playing largely with same set of players next season. Ole has shown nothing in so far in his tenure here which suggests he can stem the flow when tide is turned against his side. Next season is going to be brutal, we'll waste about 15-20 games before doing the inevitable but the season will be long gone by then. Let's hope we don't waste too much money in the summer.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Honestly think its highly unliky we make top 4 who ever the manager is next season, the squad is absolute mess, it isnt just a case of brining in a a player or two, or a new manager.....
  • we need a complete reassessment of the way the footballing side of the club is been run,
  • an assessment of that attitude of the squad and what causing it.
  • and assessment of the ability of the whole squad.
  • an assessment of our scouting next work becuase our recruitment has been below par
  • an assessment of our training method, facilities everything, becuase players under numerous managers now have just come hear and regressed.
  • Then once we have done that assessment we start to formulate a plan as to how to address the issues.
At the moment though we arn't even at a place where we look like we have even done a proper search as to people who could come in and actually start assess never mind fix these problems. So this isn't something that you can even begin to do in one summer. So no we arn't likely to get top 4 next season, nor do I really even think it should be the goal, the goal at the moment is just to get a plan in place to turn the page on this mess. Thier is no short cuts to do that, and we as fans should accept that if we truely want to be back challanging the best way to do it is take the time needed and do it right.

So like I say fire Ole bring a team in (director of football/manager/head of recruitment....) who can asses the state of the footballing side club, take their time get it right, make smart well thought out decisions.

Not just quick we need to restructure the team, lets spend money, becuase we will end up back exactly where we are now.
We can begin all that by sacking Ole tomorrow morning. And Phelan.

Crashoutcassius

I agree it’s not just the manager that’s the problem, but having a shit one doesn’t make it any easier.
it shouldnt make much difference who the manager is, that is why we are struggling. if this summer is about ole picking his signings and let see how it goes then we lose another year plain and simple

Mcking

Could get Wagner, he's the closest thing to Klopp and suits our level at the moment.:p
When I think of Marco Rose, I can't help but feel we have potentially missed out on another top manager. I really hope we keep an eye on him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Or you accept that it would require a miracle for any manager to make this team competitive. So you support who you have as best you can until you've made changes to the team.
Or you keep chasing fairy tales and throw your old plan out the window every 6 months
Either way, we are fecked. Ole will not be able to make it here, even if he is backed massively

M Bison

Supports
York City
There's little-to-no chance of him being removed, we may as well forget it and stop with the moaning and complaining. I havent defended Ole much up to now but I think he makes a few decent points in his post-match interview. Its been an exhausting season, the negativity surrounding the club and all the discussion around various players potentially leaving, makes things very difficult. Its a bit of a circus at the moment.

Sacking another manager would throw us further into disarray and whilst Ole has done absolutely nothing to warrant the job, it's the sensible thing to do to keep him in position now. We need quiet and calm, and for the club, players and managers to start to recreate a positive culture and environment.

Hopefully the club will act quickly with new signings, and we are able to keep the media interest to an absolute minimum (unlikely, but we can hope and pray!)

SAFMUTD

Back him for next season, at the very least.
What has he done to deserve it?

If it wasn’t for his history here as a player Im sure no one will support him right now.

People are mixing things, he is not a good manager, period.

wolvored

Beating relegation fodder is a good platform?

Our platform is lower than
whale shit then
No making up 10 points. I was pointing out we dropped 5 of those points against them so it shouldnt be that difficult to make top 4 as a minimum

SaintMuppet

Top red award!!!
Far from it. I have just been around since the 70s. I have learned that if it’s not enjoyable don’t do it unless you have to.

I see so many people turning themselves inside out. I get that we are shit, and that so much needs to change, and that some folks really feckin care so much.

Venting here won’t change sh1t. The only way to effect change is to hurt the Glazers in the pocket and that is easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.